Author Topic: SAMFS Recruitment 2018  (Read 53342 times)

Offline FF GAZZ

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
Re: SAMFS Recruitment 2018
« Reply #450 on: May 16, 2019, 07:48:40 PM »
It seems strange they are running interviews with what appears to be so little participants.

It appears the “keep fit” pool has been slashed by half or by two-thirds.

Offline canine

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: May 16, 2019, 08:02:36 PM »
And of they are reopening applications soon.... And I hear there is excess firefighters everywhere and another squad starting Monday

Offline Optimistic

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: May 16, 2019, 08:38:43 PM »
This is complete speculation but my theory is the ones going for interviews are what was left from the first round of intakes.

Example. 2x squads 24 = 48. failure rate say 10% = 5. 48+5= 53 round up to 60 applicants tested.

After 48 recruits taken the left over applicants will go to interviews, plus the testing of the keep fit pool and the ones who have already passed interviews but not proceeded yet.

Purely by statistics the 'keep fit' who received a no thank you letter will have missed out because of numbers available for this year and historical failure rate of the process.

So by the time the new recruitment drive has been given results, at the end of the year, 2 more squads will have been selected from the remaining.

SPECULATION ONLY, im just try to be optimistic for my own situation   :-D

Offline CFS_fire32

• View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 20, 2019, 04:18:11 PM »
It appears the “keep fit” pool has been slashed by half or by two-thirds.

Half or two-thirds of how many though?

They said at the recruitment seminar that unlike previous intakes, if you make it to a particular stage of the process, you won't just be left hanging indefinitely and then told at the end bad luck, try again next time. Rather you will be given an opportunity to progress to the next stage. So in my opinion, being in the "keep fit" pool means you fit the required profile and therefore have made it to Stage 1 of the process. I am working on the assumption that this means you will be called (at some stage) to progress to PAT 1 and then to interview. This would make sense as it requires a significant amount of time, effort and money every time they start a new recruitment process from scratch. Why would you start all over again when you've still got people who fit the profile that haven't been interviewed yet (yes, I know they have done this in previous intakes).

Offline canine

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 21, 2019, 11:05:35 AM »
Many from the keep fit pool have received better luck next time letters so your assumption is incorrect. Unfortunately it would be too costly and time consuming to interview 4-500 or more applicants.

Offline CFS_fire32

• View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 21, 2019, 11:11:22 PM »
Many from the keep fit pool have received better luck next time letters so your assumption is incorrect. Unfortunately it would be too costly and time consuming to interview 4-500 or more applicants.

I was talking about those left after the recent cull of the "keep fit" pool.

anything