Author Topic: SAMFS Recruitment 2018  (Read 176166 times)

Offline ct18

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: SAMFS Recruitment 2018
« Reply #475 on: June 25, 2019, 04:26:18 PM »
I am also in the same boat.

Had the interview 3 weeks ago but am yet to hear back. There were PAT2s last week and this week. Do you think we are being held off as reserves in case or maybe being held off for the next round of PAT2s? You think we would've heard by now if we were no longer required?

My thinking is if we were terrible in the interviews they would have told us by now. They usually have everyone ranked so I'm assuming they'll do Pat 2's on the top say 25 then if some fail do more? How knows!

Offline Ball222

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 25, 2019, 04:56:49 PM »
Agreed - that would make sense and I'm hoping it is true!
No real point in holding onto us if we were not suitable based on our interview score.

If we're still a chance for a PAT2 call up at some stage, I've believe we could be waiting without any notice for a bit - maybe the first round of the next recruitment drive if we miss out on this round?

Offline ct18

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 27, 2019, 10:43:49 AM »
Yes Ball222 I hope we'd be in the running for the first round of the next recruitment drive. However Pat 1 only lasts for 12 months I did mine in Jan so maybe i'll have to do that again if I am still in the running as next squad I think would be Next year.

It's such a waiting game.

Offline FireyV

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 28, 2019, 12:26:44 PM »
Hey guys.
For those not able to attend the info sessions, the MFS will open the recruitment in July this year for all those that did not apply last year.
Also, for those like me that are still in the 'Stay Fit' pool, they did say to 'Hold tight'. I am hoping we will hear something in the next few months.
Good luck to everyone in that position, and good luck to everyone that will be applying in July.

Offline Ball222

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 28, 2019, 03:22:57 PM »
Yes Ball222 I hope we'd be in the running for the first round of the next recruitment drive. However Pat 1 only lasts for 12 months I did mine in Jan so maybe i'll have to do that again if I am still in the running as next squad I think would be Next year.

It's such a waiting game.

The wording within my PAT1 stay fit letter was "You are advised that your PAT1 result is valid for 12 months. If you are not invited to attend an interview within that period, you will be required to undertake the PAT1 again in order to remain in the process."

As we've been interviewed, do you think we bypass the requirement to be retested if 12 months lapses and we are invited to PAT2 at some stage after that period?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 03:56:52 PM by Ball222 »

Offline ct18

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: July 03, 2019, 01:01:24 PM »
I have received an update from MFS, to say they have sufficient applicants from the last round of interview for Pat2 however based on the results of my interview I am in the pool for future consideration. My results now will last 2 years from August 2018 and no need to reapply.

Offline Ball222

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 03, 2019, 06:51:35 PM »
I have received an update from MFS, to say they have sufficient applicants from the last round of interview for Pat2 however based on the results of my interview I am in the pool for future consideration. My results now will last 2 years from August 2018 and no need to reapply.

I guess that's good news somewhat? At least your still in for consideration - possibly in the next round later this year.

Did you receive an email or did you contact HR?

Offline ct18

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 04, 2019, 05:15:13 PM »
I sent them an email asking if we were still up for consideration after the interviews.

Offline Surf78

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 10, 2019, 01:46:14 PM »
I am way back in the passed the personality test and stay fit pool and received this email today

This is to advise you that your application remains active and will continue to do so for the application lifecycle period of 2 years effective from August 2018. During this time and subject to MFS requirements, you may be invited forward to contest the PAT1. It is important to note that you are not eligible to re-apply in Recruitment and Selection Campaigns that may occur within your 2-year application lifecycle period.

At least it’s positive but by the sounds of it, I’m still a long way back in line, but in the words of Jim Carey in Dumb and dumber “so you’re telling me there’s a chance!”

Offline Crow

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 26, 2019, 09:34:31 AM »
I am way back in the passed the personality test and stay fit pool and received this email today

Same here.

Also know someone who got the rejection letter at the beginning of the year.
He was invited to redo the Ability Test but not the profiling as that is valid for 2 years.
He doesn't have to pay the $100 again so that is a win for him.

The MFS recruitment page has been updated and has a detailed timeline, which they have not done previously.

http://www.mfs.sa.gov.au/site/join_us/how_to_join/recruitment_schedule.jsp

Offline Crow

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 26, 2019, 09:45:29 AM »
How is everyone's beep test training going...
Has anyone started to drag people around at the beach.   :lol:

I attended an info session this year and it was half empty. Did anyone attend the evening sessions? Were they full.

There is even a 5th session created for 29th. Is that because there was not as much interest as they expected this time around?

Offline canine

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 27, 2019, 01:07:32 PM »
There is less interest because anyone who applied last time can't apply this time. What was the selling point at the info sessions? Family friendly lifestyle and all the crap. Did they mention much greater chance of getting cancer hence why 12 types of cancers cover firefighters under WorkCover? Do they mention cutting badly injured or dead people out of cars? Attending suicides? Etc.
Or is it all Rosey to attract the "diverse" workforce they want for some reason?

Offline Crow

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 27, 2019, 03:20:37 PM »
It was the same as last year.
Just a bit clearer on the recruitment process.
I just wanted a refresher in case I missed anything.

I'm sure others went for the same reason.

I wander how many more applicants they will get.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 06:04:36 PM by Crow »

Offline Crow

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 02, 2019, 10:56:25 AM »
Does anyone remember this section from last years online application:

" Equity and Diversity
The MFS is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer that is committed to ensuring our workforce reflects the diversity of the community by encouraging men and women, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
The following question is not compulsory. The MFS uses this information for statistical purposes only. "

" Do you identify yourself with any of the EEO target groups? If so, please indicate any from the list below that apply to you. "

Then it lists as I have attached.

Offline CFS_fire32

• View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 15, 2019, 10:29:45 PM »
Believe they culled a few more from the "keep fit" pool 2-3 weeks ago.

Offline Gecko

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 21, 2019, 04:57:52 PM »
Has anyone received interview feedback from 2018 yet?

Offline canine

• View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 26, 2019, 12:57:27 PM »
Has anyone received interview feedback from 2018 yet?

Ha ha ha. Good luck with that.

Offline CFS_fire32

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: October 03, 2019, 08:46:23 PM »
Anyone from the 2018 "keep fit" pool that didn't get an "unlikely to be invited to PAT 1" email today?

Offline Scoot

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: October 05, 2019, 09:20:08 AM »
I got the email this week telling me that after they received the 2019 applicants and after sorting through last years and this years assessments I'm "unlikely to be invited to the PAT1 at this time".

Is it true that this years applicants didn't do the Personality Profiling Assessment in a supervised setting like in previous years?

Offline canine

• View Profile
« Reply #494 on: October 05, 2019, 01:03:08 PM »
Correct. They did it at home or where ever and with whom ever they liked......

Offline Crow

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: October 05, 2019, 07:23:20 PM »
I already replied to the 2019 chat that I got that email too.
I was in the keep fit pool from last year.
I wander if anyone from this year's applicants got that email

anything