General Discussion > SAMFS

SAMFS Retained Firefighter Information

(1/1)

FireyV:
Hey guys,

Starting this new thread in the hope that someone sees it and has a bit of insight.
I am currently interested in the Retained Fire Service with the MFS, and am fortunate enough to be able to relocate to make this a reality (provided positions are available upon applying).

If anyone on here is currently a retained firefighter, I would love to hear from you!
I am interested in how the restoring/availability works.

Any information would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

canine:

--- Quote from: FireLuke on January 13, 2019, 07:01:04 PM ---Hey guys,

Starting this new thread in the hope that someone sees it and has a bit of insight.
I am currently interested in the Retained Fire Service with the MFS, and am fortunate enough to be able to relocate to make this a reality (provided positions are available upon applying).

If anyone on here is currently a retained firefighter, I would love to hear from you!
I am interested in how the restoring/availability works.

Any information would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

--- End quote ---

Look on the MFS website. Pretty good explanation on there. Do want to do it as an easier way of getting in to full time position?

canine:
What areas are you thinking? Some stations do very few calls

FireyV:

--- Quote from: canine on January 14, 2019, 01:13:31 PM ---What areas are you thinking? Some stations do very few calls

--- End quote ---

Will PM ya! :)

Optimistic:
Yea im going through the process now. I just moved and volunteered before and was looking for a station in my new town. The mfs was closest so i thought i might as well get paid to do what i enjoy. And probably receive better organisational support, equipment and training.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version