Author Topic: Recruitment 2019  (Read 26560 times)

Offline FF GAZZ

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
Recruitment 2019
« on: June 12, 2019, 06:11:00 PM »
Expect 4 information sessions for new recruitment to be coming up at the end of June.

Offline 2beus

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: Recruitment 2019
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 06:12:21 PM »
What’s the go with recruitment this year? I didn’t make it past the aptitude testing and got a no thanks email, I’ve heard ppl have been told
They can’t re apply until 2020 but that wasn’t instructed to me on my email. Anyone got any ideals on that? Generally it’s a 12 month wait to re sit tests for safe select testing materials.

Offline SammyT

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 07:19:52 PM »
The abilities testing is valid for 2 years if you pass, therefore if you do not pass, you can not apply for another 2 years as you would be in the same pool of people that passed when you didn’t unfortunately

Offline canine

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2019, 12:04:20 PM »
It's says on new applications if you applied in 2018 than you can apply this campaign.

Offline canine

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2019, 05:31:55 PM »
So this group of applicants get to sit the personality profiling and aptitude at home on their own computer?? And then it's meant to be fair that their results mix in with the people that remain in pool who sat it under much different conditions.

Offline Crow

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2019, 10:54:00 AM »
Canine,

Doesn't seem like they would get consistent results. Potential for people to have someone over their shoulder trying to 'help'. They may only be 'hurting themselves' but they will also skew results.

Offline Don84

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2019, 08:59:01 PM »
Hey guys,

Put my hat into the ring this year. First time.

Have had a read of what's in store. Would love to hear from people that have had some success with the recruitment if they have any pointers with the testing and if there's any study that can help. Online personality and aptitude testing first up.

Offline TexMex

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2019, 05:00:54 PM »
I did the cognify testing today and 100% would've preferred a standardised testing environment as opposed to those games.

I've spent the last few weeks preparing and it was nothing like I had prepared for.

Add in the fact that my internet kept cutting out and having troubles with my mouse just made it all that much more frustrating  :x

Good luck to everybody else and fingers crossed for good news for all.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 05:04:10 PM by TexMex »

Offline FireyV

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2019, 06:21:28 PM »
Seems strange that results from last year (people in the Stay Fit) are going to be compared with a totally different testing system.

Hopefully you did better then you think TexMex!

Offline SammyT

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2019, 10:15:49 PM »
Hey Tex Mex, are these games like revelian cognitive games now? No real way to study for these I’ve heard

Offline TexMex

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2019, 05:48:49 AM »
Thanks FireyV, I hope so too!

SamnyT - yeah, they were the revelian cognify games.

Not complaining as I know I could've done better but I definitely didn't feel it was the most accurate way to measure a person's cognitive ability with just the games alone.

I know FRNSW used it last year in conjunction with the RCAT etc but scrapped the games this year.

Whatever be the case I wish everyone good luck and hope to see you guy at the PAT  :mrgreen:

Offline Colbz22

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2019, 12:06:56 PM »
Has anyone received any feedback from the abilities testing yet?

I was unable to do the Revelian test as they used results from the NSW campaign last year. And also wasn’t required to do the psychological stuff as apparently last years SAMFS one was good enough

Offline canine

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2019, 07:43:33 PM »
I thought you couldn't apply this time if you applied last time?
And don't expect any meaningful feedback

Offline Colbz22

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2019, 10:36:18 AM »
I didn’t do application they just sent an email saying Further to previous correspondence your application in the 2018 Firefighter Recruitment and Selection Campaign remains valid and you are now invited to re-contest the Online Cognitive Ability assessment.

Hopefully they give word soon for PAT1

Offline canine

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2019, 06:58:51 PM »
1500 new applicants from latest applications.

Offline FireyV

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2019, 12:47:48 PM »
Has anyone received or heard of someone receiving an invite to the PAT1 testing yet?

Offline TexMex

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2019, 01:49:10 PM »
I haven't heard anything yet and my Revelian results still haven't been released.

According to the calendar we should hopefully be hearing something shortly so fingers crossed and good luck!

Offline FF GAZZ

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2019, 06:06:06 PM »
Anyone heard anything?

Offline Colbz22

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2019, 12:50:24 PM »
Yeah I got unsuccessful email yesterday, what do they expect when they use results that were previously unsuccessful. Fell short by half a month to reattempt test. All the best ladies and gents hopefully next year is my year.

Offline canine

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2019, 01:06:56 PM »
Yeah I got unsuccessful email yesterday, what do they expect when they use results that were previously unsuccessful. Fell short by half a month to reattempt test. All the best ladies and gents hopefully next year is my year.

So did U have to pay another $100?

Offline Colbz22

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2019, 03:50:54 PM »
No didn’t pay $100 again it just carried on from last years campaign.

Offline TexMex

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2019, 11:01:12 AM »
I've still not heard anything. Hoping for the best but prepared for whatever. Good luck to everyone :)

Offline Responder-101

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2019, 08:38:23 PM »
Hi guys/girls, I created this account just to let you know I received an unsuccessful email today, and to say thanks to everyone who's posted here and in the 2018 thread (and previous years), it's been good info!

I received an email stating that while I achieved a satisfactory result in the cognitive ability assessments, the results from my personality and behavioural assessment has placed me in a position that will not see me progress in this process, and that this result remains valid for 2 years.

Does anyone have any advice on how to better prepare and complete the personality profiler for 2 years time when I am eligible to re-apply? I'm quite confused as I felt that I answered the ~300 questions honestly and accurately, and my real-world personality/behaviours truly reflects that which the MFS outlined as required on their website. It's a difficult way to fail, as it's not due to lack of effort, skills, abilities, organisation, or fitness, and as we all know, we can't get any feedback from the MFS.

Thanks again everyone, and good luck to those still in the mix, I look forward to hearing about the journey!

Offline canine

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2019, 09:52:39 PM »
Hi guys/girls, I created this account just to let you know I received an unsuccessful email today, and to say thanks to everyone who's posted here and in the 2018 thread (and previous years), it's been good info!

I received an email stating that while I achieved a satisfactory result in the cognitive ability assessments, the results from my personality and behavioural assessment has placed me in a position that will not see me progress in this process, and that this result remains valid for 2 years.

Does anyone have any advice on how to better prepare and complete the personality profiler for 2 years time when I am eligible to re-apply? I'm quite confused as I felt that I answered the ~300 questions honestly and accurately, and my real-world personality/behaviours truly reflects that which the MFS outlined as required on their website. It's a difficult way to fail, as it's not due to lack of effort, skills, abilities, organisation, or fitness, and as we all know, we can't get any feedback from the MFS.

Thanks again everyone, and good luck to those still in the mix, I look forward to hearing about the journey!

The profiling is all.about your risk score. There are  plenty of websites around that have sample questions. However if you improve you profiling too much from one test tomtje next  then this will also see you not progress.

Offline Firie1997

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2019, 03:28:04 PM »

Received an email last Friday saying this

Dear Applicant

Your completed Cognitive Ability Assessment is acknowledged and we advise that you have been successful in achieving a satisfactory result to continue in the process.

To aid the MFS in ensuring currency of applicant profiles, we require you to now complete the Online Personality and Behavioural Assessment component.

Did the personality test a few days back now just playing the waiting game.