Author Topic: Recruitment 2019  (Read 26540 times)

Offline TexMex

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: Recruitment 2019
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2019, 04:38:45 PM »
I received an email stating that while I achieved a satisfactory result in the cognitive ability assessments, the results from my personality and behavioural assessment has placed me in a position that will not see me progress in this process, and that this result remains valid for 2 years.

I received the same email. What's confusing is that all the "practice" tests gave me excellent suitability scores so I am not really too sure where I went wrong although apparently some of them may flag you if it thinks you're trying to be too perfect, who knows.

I would've liked to know what parts of my behaviour need improvement to work on genuine change for the next time around but I've got two years to figure it out  :-D

All the best to everyone else still going!

Offline Firie1997

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2019, 04:43:14 PM »
Wait you received the same email to do the psych and got one back saying unsuccessful s??  When did you do it and how long did they take to get back to you?

Offline Responder-101

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2019, 07:13:53 PM »
I received an email stating that while I achieved a satisfactory result in the cognitive ability assessments, the results from my personality and behavioural assessment has placed me in a position that will not see me progress in this process, and that this result remains valid for 2 years.

I received the same email. What's confusing is that all the "practice" tests gave me excellent suitability scores so I am not really too sure where I went wrong although apparently some of them may flag you if it thinks you're trying to be too perfect, who knows.

I would've liked to know what parts of my behaviour need improvement to work on genuine change for the next time around but I've got two years to figure it out  :-D

All the best to everyone else still going!

I feel the same mate. I made sure not to 'strongly' agree/disagree with anything unless I could back that opinion up in an interview, and only clicked the 'unsure' (or whatever the middle ground option was) 2 or 3 times. I guess the difference is that this test had the MFS on the other side with a very specific profile in mind, and the practice tests are generic.

This is probably the worst phase to 'fail' in, because we have absolutely no idea what went wrong and where to improve, especially when I'm confident that my personality and behaviour traits would be an excellent fit to what was outlined in the position information document. They've always said to answer honestly and don't over think the questions, makes it hard to improve on if you've already done that, the answers in the future test will be exactly the same!

If I could only pass the personality test and get myself in front of an interview panel, then I wouldn't feel so bad about dropping out after I've had a proper chance to explain myself, my experiences, my motives etc.

I've set the date on a 2021 calendar already.

Offline TexMex

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2019, 10:05:38 AM »
Yeah, who knows how they score it mate. Disappointing yes, but not the end of the world. I would've loved some feedback as well as to what my shortcomings were but try not to get too down about the "what if" side of things.

Two years is definitely a long wait and knowing that if your answers change too much they also flag it doesn't sound too hopeful but I'll keep trying and will eventually get there.

Offline canine

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2019, 01:33:01 PM »
There is also a how much does the test think you are bull shitting score, if its too high U also don't progress

Offline FireyV

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2019, 11:29:00 AM »
Anyone received an invitation to the PAT1?

Offline Johnny82

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2019, 03:12:26 PM »
Anyone received an invitation to the PAT1?

I am still waiting to hear mate. Thought about emailing HR but haven’t yet. 

Offline canine

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2019, 03:51:02 PM »
Having passed the psych and revelian doesnt guarantee a pat1, there was applicants still left over from last process still in the mix.

Offline FF GAZZ

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2019, 07:28:26 PM »
Advisory dates have been removed from the recruitment schedule calendar.

Offline Crow

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2019, 05:48:47 PM »
 Just got an 'unlikely to be invited to pat1'

Says they had lots of applicants this year.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 06:04:21 PM by Crow »

Offline FF GAZZ

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2019, 07:57:41 PM »
Just got an 'unlikely to be invited to pat1'

Says they had lots of applicants this year.

Same here

Offline Surf78

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2019, 09:17:23 PM »
Yep got the same unlikely email

Offline CFS_fire32

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2019, 10:14:22 PM »
Anyone from the 2018 "keep fit" pool that didn't get an unlikely to progress email?

Seems a bit rough that these applicants were mixed in and directly compared against the 2019 applicants who undertook different testing under different conditions...

Offline Applicant

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2019, 09:42:47 AM »
From the sounds of things all of us from 2018 recruitment have received the same email. It's a bit vague whether it's an outright dismissal the way it was worded "unlikely". It's a shame no more information can be provided on future progression.

Offline Scoot

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2019, 04:44:30 PM »
I also received this “unlikely” email. I’ll cop it on the chin even though I don’t really understand how you can compare a supervised test to one undertaken around home. But best of luck to everyone in with a chance.

Offline canine

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2019, 08:20:05 PM »
First line of the MFS recruitment policy: All recruitment processes will be conducted in a fair and equitable manner.

Doesn't appear that is the case......

Offline Left foot snap

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2019, 12:38:15 PM »
First line of the MFS recruitment policy: All recruitment processes will be conducted in a fair and equitable manner.

Stop being a sook. If you want to know why you haven’t processed perhaps try some self reflection. A self entitled whinger who has no self awareness and blames other people and/or the process rather than taking responsibility for the outcomes of their own responses and actions is not what the MFS is looking for. 

Offline Scoot

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2019, 02:07:16 PM »
Left foot snap, I personally don’t have a problem with what has happened although I can understand how some people can feel a bit jibbed going through one process to then have to compete with people that went through a completely different process.

I don’t think calling anyone a sook will help either.

Offline canine

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2019, 03:58:03 PM »

Stop being a sook. If you want to know why you haven’t processed perhaps try some self reflection. A self entitled whinger who has no self awareness and blames other people and/or the process rather than taking responsibility for the outcomes of their own responses and actions is not what the MFS is looking for.

Where did I sook or say I havnt progressed??
I and others on this forum don't think it's fair and equitable for applicants merging in to the same process to complete testing under different conditions. Not sure how U can argue with that.

Offline Applicant

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2019, 04:16:30 PM »
@Canine I agree, we can't begin to speculate the reasoning behind it but I think our applications should've taken precedent seeing as the testing was different and that we were deemed good enough to pass the first gateway. Either we passed and we are able to progress or we didn't and our applications should of ceased, we shouldn't be stuck in limbo like we are and then be stepped over because there's an abundance of new applicants. We all worked very hard to get through this process like everyone else, its definitely a bad position that we've found ourselves in.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 06:18:06 PM by Applicant »

Offline Surf78

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2019, 02:03:57 PM »
Yep its interesting

I had a mate that didn’t get through it jokingly say to me we’ll have to do the test together next time! Maybe he wasn’t joking!

Oh well, just keep plugging away and try again next time, although the email did say unlikely to progress so they haven’t burnt our bridges fully! You never know!

Offline Crow

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2019, 08:08:10 AM »
So last post 11th October and the MFS website still says To Be Advised...

Has anyone heard anything, or have they just frozen the process?

Offline Applicant

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2019, 07:11:35 AM »
The entire process has broken down, everyone is in the same boat atm.

Offline Gpats

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2019, 03:40:39 PM »
I couldn't make it this morning but did anyone happen to go to the MFS open day today?
Any insights on the current recruitment process or perhaps any information on what recruitment is going to look like next year?

Offline canine

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2019, 07:18:43 PM »
I couldn't make it this morning but did anyone happen to go to the MFS open day today?
Any insights on the current recruitment process or perhaps any information on what recruitment is going to look like next year?

I heard the first squad next year will start in April/May