Author Topic: Ammusing pager message.  (Read 1812239 times)

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Ammusing pager message.
« Reply #2625 on: August 20, 2008, 09:11:05 AM »
Boredmatrix...They sound more on the Ball than a few* of the Fire Comcen op's ;)   IF SAMFS/CFS was as busy as SAAS...dont want to even THINK about it.

*theres only a select few of the operators who are in that bunch. There are some Excellent ones too ;) :)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 10:36:21 AM by Zippy »

Offline boredmatrix

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: August 20, 2008, 10:21:21 AM »
perhaps - but at least those in firecom have been at the frontline(so no genuine excuses for not knowing"" what happens on scene)

...SAAS comms is staffed by telephone monkeys who work their way up through to become co-ordinators...without ever having worked on the road!  Those of you in regional areas wouldn't notice because the best(ie: most practical, sensible and the last remaining few who used to work on the road)  work on the region desks, while metro gets stuck with the knob jockeys who have no idea, and don't give a faecal imparchment about what happens outside of their little room!

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: August 20, 2008, 10:29:27 AM »
perhaps - but at least those in firecom have been at the frontline(so no genuine excuses for not knowing"" what happens on scene)

...SAAS comms is staffed by telephone monkeys who work their way up through to become co-ordinators...without ever having worked on the road!  Those of you in regional areas wouldn't notice because the best(ie: most practical, sensible and the last remaining few who used to work on the road)  work on the region desks, while metro gets stuck with the knob jockeys who have no idea, and don't give a faecal imparchment about what happens outside of their little room!

Noticed a few week ago an advert in a Saturday The Advertiser for more 'Call Receipt & Dispatch' operatoirs at SAAS....more fodder for you boredmatrix ??
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline 029

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: August 21, 2008, 03:42:01 PM »
Broadmatrix

we get our fair share of uncoordinated coordinators even to the point where they cant even say the name of the crew or even though its on the computer that we are an ambulance they still dispatch us as IC or PARA. its not just the METRO crews that cop the shortend of the stick dont for get the country who cop all the crappy long jobs.

incorect response
no back up
single responding to cat 1
requesting other resources and not getting them cause they forgot to ring MFS

METRO dont have all the problems country have them too and dont forget the volunteers who get floged cause the paid staff work load is to much poor dears   

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: August 21, 2008, 04:10:18 PM »
Boredmatrix

We get our fair share of uncoordinated coordinators even to the point where they cant even say the name of the crew or even though its on the computer that we are an ambulance they still dispatch us as IC or PARA. Its not just the METRO crews that cop the short end of the stick, dont forget the country who cop all the crappy long jobs.

Incorrect response
No backup
Single responding to Cat 1
Requesting other resources and not getting them cause they forgot to ring MFS

METRO dont have all the problems country have them too and dont forget the volunteers who get flogged cause the paid staff work load is to much poor dears   

That's what we like to see someone who tells it like it is :-)
Images are copyright

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: August 21, 2008, 07:41:30 PM »
FROM KAPUNDA FIRE PHONE & PAGER TEST COMPLETE, RAIN DROPS KEEP FALLING ON MY HEAD MFS Kapunda Response

They sure are a happy crew up there :lol:
Images are copyright

Offline 029

• View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: August 21, 2008, 11:17:09 PM »
sorry i cant stand paid staff who have a cry about poor working conditions 2 of my friends are paid staff one para one ic and i dont listen to there sob stories

Offline Benji

• View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #2632 on: August 21, 2008, 11:22:13 PM »
MFS: *CFSRES INC081 21/08/08 21:31,RESPOND Rescue Animal,25 CASUARINA AV,SURREY DOWNS MAP 84 P 5,BIRD STUCK 20M IN TREE. MFS TRIED SQUIRT,ING-NO SUCCESS. PLS CALL TO DISCUSS SES ASSISTANCE,TTG020

And I thought the HP was only used on cats..
Ben(B2)
Crossdressing SES & CFS member

Offline boredmatrix

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: August 21, 2008, 11:39:46 PM »
methinks 029 should come spend a bit of time working in metro at a busy station before making comments like he/she does!

these so called "sob stories" aren't because we're working flat out - it's because we're frustrated! Frustrated that resources are being inappropriately allocated, frustrated that calls are too hard to triage -so they just send an ambulance Cat 2, Frustrated that we get continually hamstrung by these clowns who dispatch our jobs!  (and yes - I do know a number of staff(personally) who work up there -and like the clowns in the circus, there are good ones, but there are some real shockers as well!

I could estimate a fair proportion of my work which would be made easier (and consequentially improve ambulance coverage and response times) if these knuckledraggers had any idea what they were doing!

in some respects, I shouldn't be so hard on the individuals due to a substantial portion of the difficult position they are placed by management and their "ëffiency" protocols (ie: reads "it's all about times...not about clinical response") - but there are some idiots up there who just ask for a ball and chain to be clapped on their foot and sent to outer Siberia!

029 - I'm not saying you don't have the issues in the country - I spent 5 years in the country as a para before I came to metro, so have some idea what what it's like....you're right -we have different sets of issues....but that is more relating to lack of resources which occur when you're under the pump -which happens intermittently.  Metro crews generally have this most days - and it wears very thin!

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: August 22, 2008, 12:00:40 AM »
MFS: *CFSRES INC081 21/08/08 21:31,RESPOND Rescue Animal,25 CASUARINA AV,SURREY DOWNS MAP 84 P 5,BIRD STUCK 20M IN TREE. MFS TRIED SQUIRT,ING-NO SUCCESS. PLS CALL TO DISCUSS SES ASSISTANCE,TTG020

And I thought the HP was only used on cats..

Offline 029

• View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: August 22, 2008, 02:40:04 PM »
Why should i come to the Metro area to work a busy station last time i did all i heard was a heap of sooking about how overworked paid staff are. sooking about having to do a Cat 4 from LMH to memorial and how thats not fair on an ICP to have to do that.

also i do a transfer in to adelaide then get stuck doing the work of paid staff mean while my home town is with out an ambulance cause comms are trying to keep the paid staff in the metro area happy

one other thing is in the metro area you can get back up quicker and also a higher level of back up a paramedic car can call for ICP back up we cant we get what ever is closer even if it is ATS or nearest paid station is 20mins away east or south so do the math if we go west or north we have no para back up and if we need it, it takes even longer

so what i am saying is dont sook about your so called poor work conditions cause you have beter conditions then some and also you are getting paid to put up with comms we dont if your not happy with how comms treat you find a new job mabye i dont know just dont sook cause you wont get any sympathy 

Offline jaff

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: August 22, 2008, 02:48:01 PM »
Geez 029, I think your last rant was as good an arguement for carrying O2 on appliances as any yet.  I just about turned blue, reading it without comma's kindaaa wearrsss youuuuuuuuuuuu outttttttttttttttttttttttttttt :-D
Just Another Filtered Fireman

Offline JC

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: August 22, 2008, 02:51:07 PM »
breathe Jaff breathe.......  :-)
Roxby Downs CFS
Lt 2
BHP ESO

uniden

« Reply #2638 on: August 22, 2008, 04:09:38 PM »
Is this thread about pager messages??

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: August 22, 2008, 04:13:24 PM »
No
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline Cameron Yelland

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2640 on: August 22, 2008, 04:16:05 PM »
alright folks to teacher has spoken...back to class!
Compton CFS Brigade
Captain
(Formally Comp00)

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: August 22, 2008, 05:00:04 PM »
MFS: *CFSRES INC046 22/08/08 16:17,RESPOND To,GUMERACHA-LOBETHAL RD,GUMERACHA MAP 89 G 16 TG098,TRIPLE ZERO CALLER HUNG UP. NO ANSWER.,PLEASE INVESTIGATE,GUMA00

MFS: GUMERACHA STOP FOR CALL. MOTHER HAS DEALT WITH CHILD CALLER. NO FIRE. CFS Gumeracha Response

haha, that'll teach that kid.

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: August 22, 2008, 05:26:04 PM »
sorry i cant stand paid staff who have a cry about poor working conditions 2 of my friends are paid staff one para one ic and i dont listen to there sob stories

You can't stand it, cause you have NO idea what its like!.. - You clearly presented that fact in your last post!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 05:31:03 PM by RescueHazmat »

Offline Robert

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: August 22, 2008, 06:09:07 PM »
Wow 029 u really do have N.F.I…. Watch what u say, there are quite a few SAAS members on here...

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: August 22, 2008, 06:54:48 PM »
Someone here reminds me of good old 'sesroadcrashrescue'
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: August 22, 2008, 11:08:24 PM »

Got it in one numbers :wink:
Images are copyright

Offline boredmatrix

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: August 23, 2008, 12:03:59 AM »
..and here I was thinking that I knew something about volunteers because I relieved as an RTL.....

guess 029 has just put me back in my box....10 years on the road with half of that in the country obviously doesn't make me qualified enough to have any valid opinion!

Offline 029

• View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: August 23, 2008, 03:00:40 AM »
i wasnt say your were not valid i put my point accros you put yours now i am over it so lets move on to something else

Offline JC

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: August 23, 2008, 08:23:50 AM »

Unless there are two forum members on here who write long lower cased            un-punctuated paragraphs & sentences, have fecal vomit problems and believe that they are getting the rough end of the stick by the associated emergency service.  :-o
Roxby Downs CFS
Lt 2
BHP ESO

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: August 23, 2008, 06:35:43 PM »
1905679 15:54:48 23-08-08 FROM KAPUNDA FIRE PHONE & PAGER TEST COMPLETE HOPE ALL ARE ENJOYING YOUR WEEKEND JUST GOT REPORTS OF A NAKED MAN ON A HOUSE BOAT BEEN ASKED TO TEEL HIM PUT CLOTHES BACK ON RALPH MFS Kapunda Response

:roll: TMI now the Kapunda crew will have nightmares  :lol:
Kalangadoo Brigade