Author Topic: boat fires out to sea  (Read 9540 times)

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
Re: boat fires out to sea
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2006, 01:57:13 PM »
We've used the VH/Goolwa Sea Rescue squadron before for boat fires but they are a bit tentative on letting us on their boars because we haven't done a safety training course that they have to do. Their PFD's are $600 ones that look like spray jackets and are handed out to members so unfortunatly no extra ones for us to use if need be.
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline oz fire

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2006, 10:29:50 AM »
Co-operation between services - what a GREAT thing!

As we get closer together and for those who are funded soley through the ESL, I think in the future working together will happen, sharing resoirses will happen and providing traning to each other will happen.

Now what a great thing!

I know in R3 - SES did provide a show and tell with their boat at a field day - just need to go to the next step and provide cross service training - SES have a couple of nice boast on the river (state funded)
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

Offline TillerMan

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2006, 03:22:49 PM »
SHQ: *CFSRES: YANKALILLA RESPOND BOAT FIRE, 3 MILES OFF SHORE, BETWEEN WIRRINA COVE AND LADY BAY. SEA RESCUE ON WAY < 11/02/2006 11:55:52

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2006, 09:48:09 PM »
SHQ: *CFSRES: YANKALILLA RESPOND BOAT FIRE, 3 MILES OFF SHORE, BETWEEN WIRRINA COVE AND LADY BAY. SEA RESCUE ON WAY < 11/02/2006 11:55:52

Turned out to be a diesel just letting off a bit of smoke i believe
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: sea water through pumps
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2006, 07:59:28 AM »
.... just put the portable on the boat and away you go....

Would salty sea water being pumped through any pump have potential to cause damage ? For that matter, does dirty flood water cause pump damage in the long term ?

I know that clean water pumped through a pump and hoses after a job is part of general maintenance and testing, but should we be doing anything else ?
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2006, 08:18:11 AM »
salt water is never good... however in this instance theyre in fresh water. Sludge pumps generally need to have the impeller housing cleaned out after use (ie. the WACKA pumps). We run soluble oil through the trucks every so often to keep the valves free as well.