General Discussion > SA Firefighter General

Firefighter dies battling Vic blaze

<< < (4/5) > >>

Firefrog:
This thread will contine to be a place to express our thoughts and sympathies re this tragic loss of life.

No discussion or specualtion is permitted regarding the accident. This accident like any other will have an investigation and when and if the findings are published we can discuss the outcomes but this is not the thread or the time for this type of chat.

rescue5271:
well said firefrog......

rescue5271:
well yet another two firefighter have been killed in the line of duty and one can only feel some if not alot of sadness to both there familys and the fire service from which they came from(NSWRFS and VIC CFA).. I had only just said to my wife that we are always carefull and that we do take care when this all came to light.It is true that the work we do is not always safe and that we never know what could or may happen,all I say is that we all need to come home safe.. I once again extended my condolences to both service's.their familys and the cdommunitys that they where from.

LET US ALL TAKE CARE  FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON.

PF_:
two more??

I read that a bloke was killed in a plane crash, firebombing plane.  What is the other one?

calspec:
I believe that during the week a member of a CFA brigade was struck by an appliance while battling a fire.  A bit sketchy on the details.

It comes as a further reminder to us all of the risky nature of the duties we undertake. Especially in the week that we remember our own fire fighting tragedy of 23 years ago.

Be safe people.  Always be aware of yourself, your crew and of your surroundings.  Above all - do not take any chances with your safety and the safety of those around you.

Our effort is to reduce the statistics, not become them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version