Author Topic: SAPES Games  (Read 7186 times)

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
SAPES Games
« on: February 01, 2006, 08:24:01 AM »
The South Australia Police & Emergency Services (SAPES) Games are set to hit Adelaide again from Friday 3 – Saturday 11 March 2006.

The 2006 SAPES Games are designed to promote a healthy lifestyle, encourage team work and foster partnerships with other emergency service organisations. The Games held in 2004 were a huge success with the participation of 1,110 competitors from 23 agencies.

The 2006 SAPES Games will commence with an opening ceremony in Victoria Square on Friday 3 March from 12.00pm – 2.00pm. As part of the festivities the highly anticipated tug of war competition and muster bucket brigade (demonstration only) will take place at the opening ceremony. A new component to the Games will be the closing party to be held on Saturday 11 March at the Adelaide Convention Centre.

Details are on the SAPES website at www.sapes.com.au, and further details from the VFBA if needed

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: SAPES Games
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 09:02:54 AM »
A group of un-fit SES operations volunteers are debating entering the 'tug of war' event.
Any other event entered would see us requiring first-aid assistance to finish :lol:
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

PF_

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 09:18:43 AM »
I was gonna enter the cycling events but Im not 18 yet so cant do it...

Offline fire03rescue

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 10:03:24 AM »
but you can go to fires

strikeathird

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 11:51:03 AM »
hahaha

Offline Morgan

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 02:32:46 PM »
perhaps for this comp. youth is considered "performance enhancing"??!! :roll: :-D

PF_

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 03:01:12 PM »
perhaps for this comp. youth is considered "performance enhancing"??!! :roll: :-D

haha, instead of dope testing its age testing.

Was looking forward to wooping some donut eating cops.  :evil:

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2006, 08:34:48 AM »
Would not like to face a SAPOL STAR squad team in the 'paint-ball competition'. But would good to watch though.
Andrew Macmichael

Offline CyberCitizen

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Fire Fighter
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/cfsfirey
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2006, 02:38:20 PM »
Would not like to face a SAPOL STAR squad team in the 'paint-ball competition'. But would good to watch though.

Hell I Would Give It A Go It Would Be Funny.

Played There Not Long Ago, Might See If We Can Get A Team Going & Enter.

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2006, 05:45:34 PM »
Could be interested in that team :-D Only need Five bods, money for the paint and a uniform of sorts.

Offline Fire_Rescue96

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2006, 04:01:06 PM »
Hell yeah i would give it go, would prob get hit a few times but it would b fun  :-D
When I am called to duty, God wherever flames may rage, Give me strength to save a life, whatever be its age.

Offline Laska

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2006, 08:35:18 AM »
I had a look around the site but couldn't find a list of Sports that will be on.. I played in the ANZPES games last year and they had Judo.. Does anyone know if that will be on in these games?

Going slight offtopic for a moment here.. for the 2007 World Police and Fire Games.. I had a look at the eligibility for it (http://www.2007wpfg.com/theGames/eligibility.cfm) and it seems that CFS Volunteers won't be eligible. Am I the only one that think this sucks? I would of loved to compete against and met some of the other competitiors. Plus I would of loved to try and get an Ice Hockey team together.. Rats.

Offline Fire_Rescue96

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2006, 01:41:26 PM »
yeah thats not kool, I think we should b involved in those games we are just as professional if not more than the MFS we just dont get paid, someone should email them and ask why???
When I am called to duty, God wherever flames may rage, Give me strength to save a life, whatever be its age.

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2006, 04:52:03 PM »
I had a look around the site but couldn't find a list of Sports that will be on..

LASKA, go to http://www.sapes.com.au/sportsSchedule/sportsSchedule.cfm which provides a list on competition and event times, with a scroll bar on the right hand side.

If you want to know more about an individual sport, click on the name on the left hand side of the list. This will open a new window with more details on the sport.

In this window, you normally have three titles under the "Sports Schedule" logo. They are "Events", "General Information" and "Sport Coordinators". You can click on each title to view detailed information.

A newsletter from SAPES (January 2006) was issued recently. It has some updated information.

Hope this helps.
Andrew Macmichael

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2006, 04:58:01 PM »
....Going slight offtopic for a moment here.. for the 2007 World Police and Fire Games.. I had a look at the eligibility for it (http://www.2007wpfg.com/theGames/eligibility.cfm) and it seems that CFS Volunteers won't be eligible. Am I the only one that think this sucks? I would of loved to compete against and met some of the other competitiors. Plus I would of loved to try and get an Ice Hockey team together.. Rats.

Yes, I believe you can attend. This is from http://www.2007wpfg.com/theGames/eligibility.cfm towards the bottom of the page.

"Approved Agencies:
If an otherwise qualified Law Enforcement Officer or Firefighter is employed by one of the following agencies or their equivalent, he/she is eligible to compete in the WPFG. "Equivalent" means: any duly organised governmental sub-division such as municipal, provincial/state, national, etc.

Municipal, State and National Police Departments/Services
Municipal, County, State and National Fire Departments/Services
County Sheriff's Departments
National and County Marshal's Offices
District Attorney's Investigators
Airport and Harbor/Port Police and Fire Departments
Highway Patrols
National Border Patrols
National Bureaus of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms
National/Federal Bureaus of Investigation
National Customs and Excise Services

Excusing the American terms because it is run by Americans, but I believe the line "Municipal, County, State and National Fire Departments/Services" will allow CFS members in.
Andrew Macmichael

PF_

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2006, 05:09:10 PM »
I still cant compete and kick some bike donkey.  Unless I fake my age, but that might not be smart with loads of police around.... :-P

Offline Laska

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2006, 01:43:47 PM »
Ahh thanks for that Bajdas.. but for the eligibility for the world games.. It says..

"In order to be eligible to compete in the World Police & Fire Games, competitors must: be a law enforcement officer or fire fighter as their primary occupation" which most of the people in the CFS are not.. :-(

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2006, 08:32:14 AM »
On http://www.2007wpfg.com/theGames/eligibility.cfm in dot point 6 it says "be a member of an eligible agency" which I have posted earlier.

I need to speak to the 2006 SAPES organisers today regards a 'tug of war' team. They are the same people organising the 2007 WPFG, so I will ask.

Let you know soon. :wink:
Andrew Macmichael

Offline Laska

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2006, 07:17:35 AM »
Okay awesome :) Thanks very much bajdas.

probie_boy

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2006, 10:57:28 AM »

don't be so intimidated. a couple of years ago the STAR group boys were up at woodhouse doing the commando and ropes course. there was a scout camp there as well (i was at the camp). 5 of the STAR boys got cocky and challenged 5 of the older scouts to a commando and ropes course race.
RESULT - scouts won by more than 3 minutes.
AFTERMATH - probably 5 new STAR force recruits.
true story, saw it with my own eyes.

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2006, 09:14:34 AM »

don't be so intimidated. a couple of years ago the STAR group boys were up at woodhouse doing the commando and ropes course. there was a scout camp there as well (i was at the camp). 5 of the STAR boys got cocky and challenged 5 of the older scouts to a commando and ropes course race.
RESULT - scouts won by more than 3 minutes.
AFTERMATH - probably 5 new STAR force recruits.
true story, saw it with my own eyes.

Have been to Woodhouse Scout Camp course several times as a parent helper. Kids definitely slip, slide & do not hesitate at the jump like I do.....
Andrew Macmichael

probie_boy

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2006, 10:32:20 AM »
yeah some kids have zero fear. they just throw themselves at and off stuff.