Author Topic: CFS adopting spare appliances  (Read 18711 times)

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
Re: CFS adopting spare appliances
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2006, 05:17:59 PM »
Was at N.E Isuzu the other day with our 34 and sitting out in the boneyard was Eden Pumper with all the locker doors up letting in the rain....what a waste.(Quote)

I see Happy Valley Pumper is out there as well....for $48,000,
and STURT 24 is at Kangarilla :wink:
Images are copyright

Offline oz fire

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2006, 05:52:27 PM »
Thankfully some appliances have been spared from the CFS graveyard, for a while!
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2006, 02:22:19 PM »
All the open back 34's to my knowledge are likely to be converted into tankers or sold off to private owners for spraying and other uses 
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2006, 09:43:01 AM »
Would'nt want this one as a spare appliance would you :-D
Images are copyright

rescue5271

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2006, 11:43:31 AM »
eden pumper (old) is to become a BWC some of the old appliances have made there way to a shed here in Naracoorte so as to be saved for a heritage type museum.

Offline HV_RKO007

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2006, 03:34:44 PM »
Well I'm not sure if ther rumors are true but I hear there is a brand new Type 2 Floating around at the moment that hasn't been assigned to a Bridage yet, I wish SHQ would make their minds up on good spare vechials that just float around not being used, as someone said Mawson Group has 2 34's offline at the moment, and one of the 34's down at McClaren Flat was replaced with a 14, a 14 for crying out loud, how can a 14 be a replacement for a 34, seriously, maybe Region 5 should loan Maswon Group there spare vehcial while we get our's fixed :-D

rescue5271

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2006, 04:05:05 PM »
Time they removed woodside appliances that is off line again and costing far too much money to fix....send the type two there sure they would like it....

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2006, 04:07:52 PM »
Maybe the problem is that there are so many deserving brigades, they can't decide who needs it most? ;)

rescue5271

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2006, 08:17:53 PM »
put a brigade name in a hat and draw a winner... :lol:

Offline 24P

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2006, 08:31:12 PM »
put a brigade name in a hat and draw a winner... :lol:
Isnt that the way its done already??????
Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you.

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2006, 10:31:05 PM »
Isnt that the way its done already??

If that's the way its done, wouldn't they have got it right a couple of times?
:P

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2006, 12:05:37 AM »
I hear Murray Bridge is up for a type2, i think this is kind of a waste, yes they are a reasonably busy brigade but they are in a town that has already got 2 medium/heavy?? pumpers another would probably be a bit of a waste, a 34P would be more appropriate. :|

And Happy Valley did lose their pumper for a 34 but any big job within their area requiring such large amounts of water would have quite a few MFS pumps there within a short period of time, so maybe a Type2 isn't needed there?? :|

People will probably disagree but those are my veiws only.
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2006, 04:50:52 PM »
And Happy Valley did lose their pumper for a 34 but any big job within their area requiring such large amounts of water would have quite a few MFS pumps there within a short period of time, so maybe a Type2 isn't needed there??

Yeah, stick the type 2 with Morphett Vale, then we can backup Happy Valley as well as Seaford with it :)

rescue5271

« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2006, 03:54:45 PM »
Now come on matt where would you put it??? better still just open a satelite station... :lol:

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2006, 12:26:26 PM »
Ahhhhh a Type 2 wouldnt that be lovely....pity you have to virtually beg for one if you want it..CFS should standardise the fleet and replace all 24P's with one :-D :lol:
Images are copyright

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2006, 01:13:27 PM »
Isn't the point of a 24P that its rural? If you replaced them all with pumpers, how would you fight rural fires?

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2006, 01:22:16 PM »
Depends if you have a slug,or shall I say snail version :wink:
Images are copyright

Offline HV_RKO007

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2006, 04:41:30 PM »
How about replacing all 24P's with either Type 2's or 34P for brigades that need both Rural and Urban Firefighting, unlike Happy Valley who yes our Pumper was taken and we had a 34 replacement, but because of where we are we don't always needs lots of water, we can tap into the mains and the Pump on the 24P is not sufficiant enought to pump heaps of water. Plus most 24P's that I know don't have Turbo and especially in Happy Valley, we have alot of hills to drive up, aka Education RD :x ,  And even tho we don't it would be quicker to take our 34 instead just for speed. Thats my point of view anyway, and also how did this thread get changed from Spare Appliances for CFS to what Trucks are accually needed within the CFS :-P

corecutters

« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2006, 05:59:03 PM »
How about replacing all 24P's with either Type 2's or 34P for brigades that need both Rural and Urban Firefighting, unlike Happy Valley who yes our Pumper was taken and we had a 34 replacement, but because of where we are we don't always needs lots of water, we can tap into the mains and the Pump on the 24P is not sufficiant enought to pump heaps of water. Plus most 24P's that I know don't have Turbo and especially in Happy Valley, we have alot of hills to drive up, aka Education RD :x ,  And even tho we don't it would be quicker to take our 34 instead just for speed. Thats my point of view anyway, and also how did this thread get changed from Spare Appliances for CFS to what Trucks are accually needed within the CFS :-P

but because of where we are we don't always needs lots of water, we can tap into the mains and the Pump on the 24P is not sufficiant enought to pump heaps of water

Your 24P has a 500gpm Darley - It is a volume pump and is good at pumping lots of water, just not at high pressure, with 2 in and 2 out :)

probie_boy

« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2006, 01:26:59 PM »
Was at N.E Isuzu the other day with our 34 and sitting out in the boneyard was Eden Pumper with all the locker doors up letting in the rain....what a waste.(Quote)

I see Happy Valley Pumper is out there as well....for $48,000,
and STURT 24 is at Kangarilla :wink:

if anyone gives a stuff, i saw sturt 24 hooning around again in belair national park on the weekend, so i can only assume its back home.

on the topic of spares, i wonder where blackwood 24 is now? its no longer down the side of their station (cherry gardens air support is still there last time i drove past). There are also at least 3 spares i know of at STC. virginia 24, a small 14 that i think is the promo units, and an old acco.

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2006, 08:27:22 PM »
There are also at least 3 spares i know of at STC. virginia 24, a small 14 that i think is the promo units, and an old acco

Hey probie...

Maybe STC is becoming the CFS Museum :-D
Images are copyright

pumprescue

« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2006, 10:19:03 PM »
happy valley and morphett vale should both have pumpers...34P's are glorified rural trucks.... :mrgreen:

Offline Camo

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Compton CFS Website
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2006, 02:45:38 PM »
happy valley and morphett vale should both have pumpers

On what basis do you base this on? (curious as i dont know the area to well)

Also with the 34P do they come with 2 standpipes?
Compton CFS Website
http://www.compton.sacfs.org

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2006, 03:19:16 PM »
happy valley and morphett vale are both busy brigades in predominantly urban areas.... hard to explain if you dont know where they are really...

but they are both surrounded by the burbs and respond to both commercial and industrial areas, have multiple schools, hospitals and nursing homes in there areas... and all the rest.

IMO they both should have pumpers....

rescue5271

« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2006, 04:54:36 PM »
Those appliances that where at STC are now in the shed here in Naracoorte as part of the vfba museum...