Author Topic: MFS and CFS workshops  (Read 3640 times)

Offline pete

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
MFS and CFS workshops
« on: February 03, 2006, 08:30:33 PM »
Does anyone know when the new MFS workshops at Angle Park
Training Centre are being commissioned?

Offline oz fire

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: MFS and CFS workshops
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 11:43:16 AM »
Don't know - however are they just MFS or are they now for all services? I know a number of CFS brigades have utilised the services and that like any other engineering facility they have performed what was required.

Maybe to increase thier workload and coverage they could become the SAFECOM workshops and cover all of the emergency services under SAFECOM??? Would be better use of Government monies, our emergency services levey, the facilities and alike and promote more harmony and co-operation
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

Offline TillerMan

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 03:31:56 PM »
Believe me they don't need any more work, they have more than they can handle now, the issue is funding, it's a bit hard for them to increase staff because it is non profit so more work doesn't mean more money.

Offline oz fire

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 10:09:19 AM »
non profit my arse - they are a government facility, therefore government funded for the tasks they state they can do (if they need more money coz they are too busy, do what any other government dept has to do, justify it .... don't just winge about it)- if they are getting more work then they thought they would have/budgeted for/ guesstimated they need to ask for more dollars - hence my suggestion make them SAFECOM not mfs and then set their budget accordingly, to cover maintenance et all for all the services who access safecom/the ESL.

Might also make them more accountable for what they are doing with our tax dollars and our ESL.

Don't get me wrong great service, have used Noddy intersate a couple of times, and been through the workshops, but like anything, need to be accountable.
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

Offline pete

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 12:44:28 PM »
They do the best they can in the most professional way..