Author Topic: Tree on the road.  (Read 29400 times)

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Tree on the road.
« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2006, 08:20:50 AM »
i dont see an issue with the correct service, being responded to a job.

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2006, 11:40:57 PM »
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I'm just curious if Onka SES based at lobethal do any jobs at all??
I know their rescue truck is always filled with CFS personnel for MVA's but you never see them paged for other storm damage type calls!!!

All CFS brigades in that area seem to do the tree down jobs even though it's "primarily" (don't bash me) an SES role....
Today for example woodside were responded to a tree on house, but if that were to happen in say Blackwood or Barker etc...etc... SES would be responded??? What the???
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2006, 11:57:23 PM »
im not entirley sure whether Onkaparinga SES actually "exist" or not at the moment... or what there status is. all 'ses' jobs in there primary area tend to just go direct to CFS brigades. and as many oppl have pointed out, the ppl that crew the SES RCR truck are CFS vollies from loby... tis odd

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2006, 08:08:29 AM »
I believe Onka have been told to "pull their socks up" and stop treating it as "freebies for the CFS" for want of better wording....

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2006, 01:58:04 PM »
When ever a tree falls over road during severe weather it usually lands on both sides of an imaginary CFS/SES response border which does result in confusion most times

In the Wattle Range Division we have 3 services who deal with trees on road

1. Country Fire Service
2. State Emergency Service
3. Wattle Range District Council Rapid Response

Most times if trees fall on road close to a non chainsaw brigade it's always up to the brigades who have chainsaws to respond which makes it hard as these brigades may already be committed to another incident therefore delaying the removal of trees off the road
Kalangadoo Brigade