Author Topic: MFS Benefits  (Read 6796 times)

PF_

MFS Benefits
« on: February 09, 2006, 06:57:13 PM »
I am doing an assignment on SAMFS and have to know how they work with holidays, sick leave, workers compensation etc and was wondering if any MFS members or people who know about this in SAMFS would be able to give details on it.  Havent been able to find information on it anywhere.  Any information is grealy appreciated.

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 06:59:49 PM by P F »

strikeathird

Re: MFS Benefits
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 11:03:13 AM »
Ring MFS HQ. Ask to speak to some one in Public Relations.

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 05:22:40 PM »
Under http://www.industrialcourt.sa.gov.au/frameset.php?location=12

Type the word FIRE in the search in the "industrial awards catalogue" search box.

After you press the GO button, the link to the 'SA Metropolitan Fire Service - FireFighters and Ancillary Employees Award' document is displayed.

If you click the link the whole award will open as a 33 page PDF document.

I would assume variations to the award would have been done since 1989 when the award document was made legal. SO...

Have a look at http://www.samfs.sa.gov.au/ Saw some stuff under recruitment.

The UFU can be accessed at http://www.ufua.asn.au/section/24.html

Hope this helps....by the way google.com.au is a fantastic search facility if you can chuck the rubbish out that internet search results can give you.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 05:41:25 PM »
Did anyone read section 15.1 of the document FIREFROG's weblink listed ? This is the MFS 2005 Enterprise Agreement.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

PF_

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 06:00:38 PM »
awesome, thanks firefrog.  I put in a NSW fire brigade one but can change it now.

Offline oz fire

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2006, 11:55:38 AM »
Did anyone read section 15.1 of the document FIREFROG's weblink listed ? This is the MFS 2005 Enterprise Agreement.

Not bad really - a union has decreed what should occur - funny really, when did CFS have anything to do with the UFU - just more grandstanding
15. SAMFS COMMUNICATIONS CENTRE

15.1 Introduction of Country Fire Service (CFS) Operators

15.1.1 The Union provides an in-principle agreement to the introduction of CFS Operators in to the SAMFS Communications Centre on the basis that SAMFS assumes statewide responsibility for call receipt and despatch functions.

15.1.2 CFS Operators will be integrated in to all of the activities of the SAMFS Communications Centre.

15.2 Review of the Communications Centre

15.2.1 The parties agree that a review of the Communications Centre will be undertaken within 12 months of certification of the Agreement by an independent reviewer, agreed by the parties.

15.2.2 The review will have regard to new and emerging technologies, shift patterns, job and person specifications, training requirements and the operation of the Centre, and any other terms of reference agreed to by the parties prior to the commencement of the review. Implementation of the recommendations arising from the review is to be agreed between the parties subject to the provisions of Clause 15.2.3 herein.

15.2.3 Subject to the recommendations of the review, the outcomes may require a future Cabinet Submission
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2006, 02:50:27 PM »
At the station about a month ago when on the scanner came the voice of one of the more recognisable people who work in SOCC but was doing comms for the MFS on 150, that explains things a little.
Lt. Goolwa CFS

strikeathird

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2006, 07:44:18 PM »
Unless he/she was FLUKEily visiting, and was asked if they wanted to do the dispatch, u may have just heard a similarity..  SOC is still in Waymouth st, and no SOC members currently work in MFS comms yet..(and visa versa)

Like i said, could have been a fluke visit  /  one off..

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2006, 08:35:29 AM »
Must have been a one off because i've definatly heard his voice on 124 before.
Lt. Goolwa CFS

SOCC

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2006, 10:31:34 AM »
Thats interesting re the EB, and no mundcfs, none of us work for mfs, I did speak to mfs via 150 for a dispatch during the smoke days as funnily enough we were over run with calls as were SAMFS and this was the only way to get through at the time.

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2006, 01:48:02 PM »
Thats interesting re the EB, and no mundcfs, none of us work for mfs, I did speak to mfs via 150 for a dispatch during the smoke days as funnily enough we were over run with calls as were SAMFS and this was the only way to get through at the time.

He must have a twin working there  :-D because this person was working the dispatch.

And the person sounded new because he was having trouble with his K-codes!!!
But cheers for that, a little cross training between services in dispatch wouldn't be a bad thing though
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline rusty

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2006, 03:11:13 PM »
There's a couple of new guys in MFS Comms at the moment, and whilst they may sound similar to someone in CSF SOCC, but they are not working together yet... :wink:

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2006, 03:12:44 PM »

one on-call OCO does have abrother in MFS comms :mrgreen: