Author Topic: Ordering of PBI Gold  (Read 88621 times)

MATTE

Re: Ordering of PBI Gold
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2006, 09:08:39 AM »
In a discussion at brigade level we figured that once sized up it woudnt be another 6-8 months before we recieve the PBI. i dont have my BA now but shoulf have it in 2 months. I believe the logical thing to do is get sized up but everyone has there own opinion. Its rather stupid to have the qualification and no PBI.

Offline 24P

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2006, 10:41:43 AM »
In a discussion at brigade level we figured that once sized up it woudnt be another 6-8 months before we recieve the PBI.
Got measured up just recently and got told 12 weeks to delivery, cant work out why you'd be 6-8 months?
Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you.

Offline mengcfs

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2006, 12:17:47 PM »
This is an extract from the Premier's media release.
This upgrade will provide:
Proban Wildland Fire Fighter Personal Protective Clothing for 1,574 fire fighters at a cost of $394,000 by the end of February.
PBI Gold Personal Protective Clothing for 1,230 fire fighters, suited to structural fire fighting, at a cost of $1.556 million, by the end of June.

Well, we haven't seen the Proban yet but the PBI does look promising!

See here for more info
http://www.ministers.sa.gov.au/minister.asp?mId=3&pId=6&iHealth=0&sId=5931

Offline mengcfs

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2006, 01:51:07 PM »
ALL CABA OPERATORS AND INTENDING OPERATORS BE AT CUMMINS STATION TUES. 14 MARCH 2000HRS FOR SIZING NEW PBI GOLD. R6 BSO R6HQ OPS 7/03/2006 1:44:57 PM

Mmmmmmmmm. Thought the 'gift' was for BA wearers - As is, now on TAS, otherwise Brigades would fit out all members. Although reading the post again, it may mean that the 'intended' operators might be going for a look to see what all the new gear is about for when the group purchases some for them after they complete their course. :? I guess we will never know :|

rescue5271

« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2006, 08:11:53 PM »
Our group did the right thing they went out and bought the new cabd members the PBI gear but I would like to know will we get rembursed for what we paid out before the offer came along??? Our group was the first in region five to get the new gear and I think there is only one other group that have bought it?

Offline 24P

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2006, 08:30:30 PM »
I suppose theres no harm in people getting sized up, at least the brigade would know what size to get them when they become BA operators.
Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you.

Offline firey

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2006, 09:11:03 PM »
There will be no reimbursement of costs for those that already have PBI.

The grand plan is that you will get measured up prior to attending your BA course (Those that haven't yet done one). Then you will get your PBI when you pass the course, with your certificate.

Offline mengcfs

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2006, 12:50:01 PM »
The grand plan is that you will get measured up prior to attending your BA course (Those that haven't yet done one). Then you will get your PBI when you pass the course, with your certificate.

Yeah right :lol:

rescue5271

« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2006, 02:31:24 PM »
I see,so if a brigade does a RCR course do they get RCR gear once they have done the course???

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2006, 02:38:12 PM »
Our group did the right thing they went out and bought the new cabd members the PBI gear but I would like to know will we get rembursed for what we paid out before the offer came along??? Our group was the first in region five to get the new gear and I think there is only one other group that have bought it?

dont qoute me, but i think mt barker got reimbursed

PF_

« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2006, 08:53:22 AM »
Why did CFS and MFS get the same colour of PBI when all the time we have been "yellow or blue"  The black PBI would have looked good, that'd be more suitable for MFS seeing as black attracts sun.  I know they got different striping, but seeing as the MFS are traditionally a darker colour, why not black gold PBI?

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2006, 09:08:33 AM »
not only would black affect general visibility a bit, but also imagine how much hotter it would get... and heat already seems to be some kind of issue...

CFS and MFS have the same colour... PBI, but CFS has yellow reflective stripes whereas Mets have gone with orange...

i dont personally see any reason for MFS and CFS uniforms to be too diff.

Offline Scania_1

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2006, 10:44:30 AM »
Isnt the color of it (fawn) its natural color?? And by keeping it that color you save $$ as you dont have to dye it.

PF_

« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2006, 12:26:16 PM »
I know black affects heat, thats why it would go to MFS who were blue which is dark and bad for visibilty anyway.  Wasnt saying they should go different, but they always have been, just thinking out loud why they have now gone the same.

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2006, 06:39:43 AM »

wouldnt the colour be gold...

PF_

« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2006, 09:06:53 AM »
no, its more of a khaki.  Still prefer the black though...

Offline oz fire

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2006, 09:12:10 AM »
Good to see some common sense with the same colour PPE (saves tax payer dollars, ensures consistency and at the end of the day the user of the fire service doesn't give a toss  :-D)

More standardisation to come - I hope, the days of being different because we are different services (who deliver the same service) is a complete load of crap, its an old mans tradition and a complete waste of money - time to move forward standing side by side and making the most of the $$$$$ available :lol:

As for black - the times are changing, it's great to see fire services world wide going for lighter colours - greater visibility, greater safety and of course easier to detect when dirty, hence needs a clean
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2006, 09:48:00 AM »

wouldnt the colour be gold...

as in PBI gold... (its called sarcasm)

PF_

« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2006, 09:58:52 AM »
I know, replying with a hint of sarcasm along with the colour debate.

strikeathird

« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2006, 11:26:25 AM »
There will be no reimbursement of costs for those that already have PBI.

Ive heard quite the opposite...  I have heard of a brigade being re-imbursed for the PBI they purchased before the grant...

Offline Laska

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2006, 02:42:39 PM »
We should be able to choose.. personally I think a lilac or other purple shade would match my eyes.. and I think we should choose our reflective stripes too.. I think green and blue.. perhaps a matchin handbag aswell..

I think it's good that CFS and Mets are the same. The public get confused enough with the two different truck colours.. I like the fawn colour too.

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2006, 05:13:26 PM »
well said!

Offline Firey9119

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2006, 07:00:40 PM »
just a bit of information from the inside,

ALL NEW ba operators will be fitted on the Saturday of a Full course, a rep frome lion will be at stc to mesure them up at lunch time.

unsure who is paying for it.
Phillip H
Salisbury CFS (Para Group)
FireFighter
(Firey9119)

strikeathird

« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2006, 07:10:29 PM »
We should be able to choose.. personally I think a lilac or other purple shade would match my eyes.. and I think we should choose our reflective stripes too.. I think green and blue.. perhaps a matchin handbag aswell..

I think it's good that CFS and Mets are the same. The public get confused enough with the two different truck colours.. I like the fawn colour too.

Only diff. is MEts have Pink stripes, we have the yellow..

strikeathird

« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2006, 07:11:03 PM »
just a bit of information from the inside,

ALL NEW ba operators will be fitted on the Saturday of a Full course, a rep frome lion will be at stc to mesure them up at lunch time.

unsure who is paying for it.

Will they be handing out flash hoods too....  :P

anything