General Discussion > Introductions

Forestry

(1/3) > >>

steved01:
Hello there I would like to tell you a little about myself. I have been a forestry fire fighter with what is now ForestrySA for nearly 37 years. I love the industry (obviously) and am here for good.  Any questions on forestry matters please feel free to fire my way.  Cheers  Dave

strikeathird:
Your honest thoughts on the fire Kings..   hehehehehe

Mainly, are they that practical for forrestry firefighting ?  I know the saferty features are above all else, but would you take one of them to a fire over anything else ?

steved01:
WEll Strikeathird, without being too contraversial I know that they are perfectly designed for forestry firefighting and are probably the best forestry firefighting unit in the world for the conditions for which they were designed.  I have seen no other unit anywhere which I would rather take to a forest fire.

For any number of reasons I would prefer them in a grass fire situation as well.

Obviously they are not designed for use at RCR, HAZMAT, or structure fires, although as a water delivery unit they have the capacity to perform as well as any standard 24 or 34 appliance that I have seen.

Cheers

Dave

strikeathird:
Always good to know from those that use them !!

I know they ranted and raved on how well protected crew would be, but never heard much on the practicality of fire fighting..

Good to hear they do well !!

Firefrog:
What are the specs of the Fking, water capacity, pumping capacity, stowage etc etc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version