Author Topic: NEW 34  (Read 166269 times)

Offline backburn

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: NEW 34
« Reply #75 on: November 26, 2005, 12:11:20 PM »
The members would like to know when we get back from a job do we have to leave the truck running for a while to cool down or wind down? for the turbo part.  :? :?

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 26, 2005, 03:18:30 PM »
The members would like to know when we get back from a job do we have to leave the truck running for a while to cool down or wind down? for the turbo part.  :? :?

We at goolwa were told by our region TO on delivery that we didn't have to let the truck wind down but on talking with Moore's and N.E Isuzu they said it would be good to let the turbo wind down for a few minutes, and to idle the truck for a minute or two before rolling, so i guess if the first person in the door turns the truck on by the time the crew is dressed and ready the turbo would have had time to lubricate. Hope that helps!!
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline backburn

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 26, 2005, 09:19:05 PM »
Thanks it looks like we will get the first driver in the door to start it up and let it idle while we all get ready then. We just first need to receve the truck.

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 26, 2005, 09:26:36 PM »
Thanks it looks like we will get the first driver in the door to start it up and let it idle while we all get ready then. We just first need to receve the truck.

That usually helps doesn't it :-P  :lol:. Just watch that turbo when it kicks in there's a fair surge behind it compared to the older trucks. :wink:
Lt. Goolwa CFS

rescue5271

« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2005, 05:48:09 AM »
Start up and wind down,well we where informed not to do this as the turbo did not need it,if it is true that we need to start it before we drive it CFS better install exhaust fans into fire stations to remove the fumes...

Offline backburn

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2005, 09:53:53 AM »
We will have two doors open. OHS&W said that should do. Fans will cost to much to install. People are quite cheep.  :-D

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 27, 2005, 02:25:14 PM »
We were instructed that it wasn't neccessary to startup or wind down, but the way the trucks are driven (usually flat out when cold) anything that could prolong the life of a turbo because you blow one of them and you'll blow your budget just fixing it, but it's up to the brigade whether you do or don't i suppose. :|
Lt. Goolwa CFS

strikeathird

« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2005, 07:29:12 PM »
Just walk to the job......Sounds easier.

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2005, 07:47:14 AM »
we usually fire the truck up and roll it just outside the doors... had an incident once when an over excited member (who has since been told his services were no longer required, long history)started the truck and sat there revving it, until the crew was ready, he was already at station so this about 3 mins... filled the shed up with gas and noone could egt in there to put there gear on... id call it an irresperable (sp?) environment :D:D

Offline CFS_fire32

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2005, 06:24:38 PM »
Am looking forward to the arrival of our new 34 very shortly, and by all accounts it sounds like the best thing since sliced bread.  It will be nice to finally have a permenent appliance since we have had several repalcements over the last couple of years since our old 32's PTO pump called it a day. (best appliance we ever had, wish we still had it.)

Can anyone tell me if the region run a brigade familiarisation training session on the new appliance, or is it here you go, figure it out for yourself.  Not to suggest that I don't mind this approach.  Sure keeps you amused for a few hours while you attempt to work out how everything functions without breaking anything.

rescue5271

« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2005, 07:06:08 PM »
Your brigade will get a regional officer come along give a talk about the new appliances then take yop all over the unit. Then you will be asked to prime the pump from a dam or water hole and make sure you all know how to do it. Then in  afew months time your drivers will be put throu a training course on the does and donts...

Wagon 1

« Reply #86 on: December 01, 2005, 08:56:04 AM »
Yeah, best thing since sliced bread, so long as you don't want to put any equipment on it. But for those who have always had Rural 24's and 34's it would be sensational, come a long way since the plastic fantastics.

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 01, 2005, 09:01:25 AM »
will be a welcome addition to the shed either way. CD player :D , dual cab.... Am looking forward to having a play. Now all we need is for the new shed to be finished, so we have somewhere to put it!!!

Offline backburn

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 01, 2005, 09:46:46 AM »
Is the new 34 much higher at the cab than the older ones, they have messured our shedand said its OK. :?

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 01, 2005, 09:55:37 AM »
Im pretty sure they are the same height as the 24P's....

Offline backburn

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 01, 2005, 10:03:29 AM »
Wonder what they would do if it did not fit?

Wagon 1

« Reply #91 on: December 01, 2005, 11:04:53 AM »
They are a lot taller than the first generation Isuzu 24P's, a number of stations have had work done to make them fit, and a lot of brigades have had their truck re-allocated due to the station being to small.

Offline TillerMan

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 01, 2005, 01:41:18 PM »
They are alot taller than the old 34's, maybe Andrew from moores can tell us the dimensions.

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2005, 08:18:02 AM »
They are alot taller than the old 34's, maybe Andrew from moores can tell us the dimensions.

I am unsure of it's exact dimensions apart from the fact it's 7 metres long, but it is taller than our 2000 model 24p by about 6 inches witout the lights on top and probably about 8 inches with the lights up there, but that is a guess only. It's definitely got more room between the front wheel and the guard, but we will see if the springs sag like on earlier trucks it may settle down to be the same height as the old Isuzu's  :lol:
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline Andrew

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
    • Quik Corp - the reel experts
« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2005, 08:05:17 PM »
I ment mesure one today and post a height, Got caught up.

I will look at it on monday and put the height on the forun.

Andrew
It is not what you did wrong, but who you can blame!

Offline TillerMan

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2005, 08:36:02 PM »
I noticed on another forum that Happy Valley (or Unhappy Valley)are getting one that they are not too happy about, does anyone know the story or rumors behind this.

strikeathird

« Reply #96 on: December 03, 2005, 01:48:37 PM »
I think its a case of appliance suitability...  I have seen on the o fire forum a pic of a 34 they are meant to be getting.. And considering they have a 2001 24P I would assume it is replacing their Heavy Urban Pumper....

Spose I wouldn't be too happy either...

rescue5271

« Reply #97 on: December 03, 2005, 02:01:18 PM »
If you look at the GRN pager site happy valley pmp is off the road alot?????

strikeathird

« Reply #98 on: December 03, 2005, 07:37:40 PM »
If you look at the GRN pager site happy valley pmp is off the road alot?????

I saw that the other day on the pager site also, seemed there was an air hose leak / problem..   Havent seen it happen on the pager site again since..

LOL at that pic.. Is the 34 replacing the Heavy pumper ? or is it replacing the 24 Pumper ?

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 06, 2005, 08:49:33 AM »
have been speaking to some mates from happy valley
seems pumper is being replaced by the 34

seems like someone has there head up there...... last year happy did 252 jobs (90 of which were building fires, fixed alarms and private alarms) they also do COQ for christies beach MFS.... so how will they manage this with two rural trucks?? has it become the opinion of the CFS to not put pumps in places like this becasue they have MFS backup coming, if so then i think something is terribly wrong...

love the pic btw.. sounds too me like a very unhappy valley