Poll

How effective are intruder alarms and keypad access systems?

Alarm is very good, has saved us before.
5 (45.5%)
Not bad if you can remember your PIN.
3 (27.3%)
Still prefer the good ol' key.
2 (18.2%)
Sick of the pager going off due to moths.
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Intruder alarms  (Read 9303 times)

Offline sparky

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: Intruder alarms
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2006, 06:55:12 PM »
totally agree with you firey, but at the same token the key fobs that our brigade use dont look like anything. It looks like a fancey key ring, it has no id to what it is or what it can be used for.
At the same token the resposibility lies on the indervidual as they must report lost key immediatly. Its the same as somoeone forgetting to arm the station, leaves the station vonerable, and its the last person to leave responsability to lock up and arm the system.
However as technology evolves I know of a few systems that can arm automatically by sencing if no one is in the building for extended periods of time.
There are also systems where you need to swip the key fob over two pads to disarm the alarm.
For example if jo blo found a set of keys with a key fob and knew that it would unlock a cfs station, they would be able to unlock the station, which would put the alarm into a 15 sec entry delay (time be adjusted) and then they would need to know where the second acces pad is to swip the key fob to diarm the alarm.
Any way you look at it firey, an alarm is never going to be 100% and mojority of that relies on how well the system is installed for that particular building.
I own a security company which looks at solutions to difficult security issues.
off topic a bit - We currently look after homes as they are being built and have systems that can determine the jo blo looking for something to steal to the genuine tradey.
All i can say it technology has come a long way and its sad to see many security companies taking the easy way out.

this is only my opinion