Author Topic: Clipsal500 V8 race  (Read 27474 times)

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Clipsal500 V8 race
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2006, 07:47:57 PM »
Nah it wasnt cold at all as i was sitting on the back of the recovery ute with my supervisor all day watching cars zoom by

However due to only 18 cars turning up we finished at 2:00pm much earlier than expected... although i did have fun listening to Auto cross radio traffic on my UHF handheld  :-D
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2006, 08:17:04 PM »
Sorry about the double post everyone but just out of curiosity say after i have gotten my CAMS trainee licence signed off at 2 more events 1 more after this Sunday and upgraded to a Grade 4 licence

Would i be able to become South East Automobile Club's Fire & Rescue Marshal after getting my Grade 4 licence in the mail as they dont have an acutal fire marshal for their events
Kalangadoo Brigade

rescue5271

« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2006, 10:55:34 PM »
:roll:I dont Know may be call CAMS and ask them..

probie_boy

« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2006, 09:39:20 AM »
yeah, rob you should become the marshal. Then you can buy the set of PBI for sale on ebay. :wink:

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 17, 2006, 10:04:59 AM »
At least Robert is doing something and is enthusiastic. Better than other slugs I know.
Just needs to aim the enthusiasm with guidance....
Quit picking on the poor bloke :|
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline oz fire

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2006, 10:45:00 AM »
Thats what i am aiming for P_F to be trackside at Clipsal 500 2007 maybe we might be on the same trackside fire & rescue crew... just out of curiosity does CAMS also pay for tickets if i want to take family or friends along with meĀ  :?

Robert - good to hear your enjoying it - it's a great past tiome and is usually fun to watch - rarely do you see much action, but track side seats are second to none!

In relation to the tickets - with all previous Clipsals - Marshals have been suplied with their ticket and a guest ticket, the last year marshals were also given guest general entry tickets - aimed at enabling family to come in - however that seams to change each year - but you will alsways get at least one guest pass
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

probie_boy

« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2006, 10:50:30 AM »
At least Robert is doing something and is enthusiastic. Better than other slugs I know.
Just needs to aim the enthusiasm with guidance....
Quit picking on the poor bloke :|

oh yeah, I don't have any malice in those comments. its lighthearted.  :-D

strikeathird

« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2006, 10:33:56 PM »
Robert,

Any motorsport event in SA, which is CAMS affiliated, (eg operates under CAMS licenses), requires Flaggys, Ambos and Firerys..  the Flaggys are SAFMA, firerys are WFW, and Ambos usually SAAS.. / Motorsport Medical services.

Don't think u can become the" South East Fire Marshal " as i doubt an official title exists...  an any events which operate under CAMS would require the teams I listed above...

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2006, 09:42:34 AM »
I agree strikeathird it maybe bit impossible to become SEAC's Fire Marshal but theres no harm in asking

Plus at the autocross the other week we only had recovery,timers,first aid & stewards the director would have put me on fire duty but since they didnt have a trained fire marshal on hand thats why i was put on recovery
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2006, 08:19:30 PM »
It seems im gonna have to wait for another few weeks until the 25 of June to get my 2nd event signed off as the khanacross was cancelled due to insufficent number of entrants
Kalangadoo Brigade

strikeathird

« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2006, 04:07:37 PM »
Robert, are those events CAMS ?

EG. Are they endorsed by CAMS ?

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2006, 04:13:32 PM »
Yes strikeathird the events i have been talking about are CAMS endorsed as they run by the South East Automobile Club because SEAC has to get permits from CAMS to run these events
Kalangadoo Brigade

strikeathird

« Reply #87 on: May 24, 2006, 01:00:53 PM »
I was under the impression any event, licensed and andorsed by cams (eg. covered by CAMS insurance).. required Medical, Fire and Flag teams at the event at all times.

Yet you said this event did not have fire cover, yet is CAMS endorsed ?

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2006, 01:08:31 PM »
the thlot pickens...

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 02, 2007, 01:37:06 PM »
SES have crew at the 2007 race this year. Mostly the same as last year but woirking closely with SAAS, St John and SAPOL.

SES Field Command is located near Gate 2, between the V8 drivers carpark and Race Drivers Medical Centre.

Using SAGRN talkgroup B11, the facility will be manned from Thursday to Sunday. Crew start gather at Thebarton Police Barracks at 0730 and leave after the concert (normally 2330).
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 02, 2007, 02:18:27 PM »
A number of CFS members are fire marshalls Naracoorte brigade has 5 members again this year,there are some photos on ozfire with the appliances that are at the track.
blinky bill
my view only

Offline mengcfs

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 02, 2007, 02:22:54 PM »
Saw some red CFS PPC at the track yesterday. Good job people.

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2007, 06:01:26 PM »
Its a pity i didnt get to be apart of the Clipsal 500 fire crew this year but the good news is that im on the reserves list for next years event all i gotta do is ring up around december and put my name down

I have to get 270 bucks for a fire proof uniform and 50 bucks for a nomex flash hood out of curiosity do they supply fire helmets or hats to the fire & rescue crew :|

On the bright side im doing fire & rescue duties out at SEAC park on the 17 of this month for a twilight Autocross  :-D

Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2007, 09:37:57 PM »
More pics
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 09:39:53 PM by SA Firey »
Images are copyright

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2007, 09:43:26 PM »
Some more
Images are copyright

Offline Blue

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 04, 2007, 11:23:34 AM »
As an avid Holden V8 fan (counting down to race start today), general revhead and rally event attendee, I rang CAMS to organise a license so I could be trackside support - and surprise surprise I got told to join the Women's Auxilliary  :roll: I tried on two different occasions and this was always the answer even though I was with CFS. So I gave up.

But it's been good down here cos I've been a ForestrySA Warden for the SEAC events, and you get to drive all over the place dishing out fines to people that are beyond the observation points, finding the best photo locations and checking out the pit areas  :-D

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2007, 01:40:20 PM »
Saw some red CFS PPC at the track yesterday. Good job people.
Where?? Unless they were in STC Instructors T/O gear I don't think they were CFS...  Are you meaning the fire marshals?  - Not all of which are CFS..

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 04, 2007, 01:45:37 PM »
As an avid Holden V8 fan (counting down to race start today), general revhead and rally event attendee, I rang CAMS to organise a license so I could be trackside support - and surprise surprise I got told to join the Women's Auxilliary  :roll: I tried on two different occasions and this was always the answer even though I was with CFS. So I gave up.

But it's been good down here cos I've been a ForestrySA Warden for the SEAC events, and you get to drive all over the place dishing out fines to people that are beyond the observation points, finding the best photo locations and checking out the pit areas  :-D

:-o I didnt know you are the Forestry SA Warden for SEAC events blue :roll:...keeping an eye on races at SEAC Park is my job cause if a accident happens on the race track i got to respond along with recovery although this hasnt happened yet  :-)

« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 01:58:57 PM by Robert34 »
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline Blue

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 04, 2007, 01:55:50 PM »
:-o I didnt know you are the Forestry SA Warden for SEAC events  :roll: cause keeping an eye on races at SEAC Park is my job cause if a accident happens on the race track i got to respond along with recovery although this hasnt happened yet  :-)

Rangers at ForestrySA are on a roster, so if happens to be your weekend to be in the field and that aligns with a rally event, you're out there making sure the event organiser's obligations are met as well as requirements of the Forestry Act are adhered to. That's if it's running on ForestrySA land anyway, which often they do both in the South East and the Adelaide Hills regions.

Glad to hear you havn't been required yet! What a great job, I'm jealous - you'd get to see everything!  :-)

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 04, 2007, 02:00:12 PM »
If you wanna get a fire & rescue license Blue download the license application forms off the CAMS website and apply for a Grade E (Fire & Rescue)although you'll have to do 3 club events as a trainee before upgrading to a Grade E4 licence

I wish you luck in applying for it cause i might end up being your supervisor at a SEAC Park event in the coming months  :wink: :-D
Kalangadoo Brigade