Author Topic: Fire in station?  (Read 5235 times)

PF_

Fire in station?
« on: March 28, 2006, 08:48:40 AM »
My work studies teacher asked me if I had heard about a fire station burning down today.  Anyone got any details?

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Fire in station?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 09:56:13 AM »
nothing of this sort has happended in SA.

in victoria a CFA storage shed was burnt last night /thismorning.

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 12:00:35 PM »
I remember the Kitchen at TTG catching alight once..... but that was a long time ago, and was very quickly delt with, little damage caused!

probie_boy

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 12:41:49 PM »
i think the little incident in vic might've been the one. I heard nothing

Offline backburn

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 01:28:43 PM »
Not burnt down but have had two fires in the ststion luckly we where in the station just got back from a call out. When roller door was closed the motor and switch cought alight managed to put it out before too much damage was done only about $1000.
Second small fire was in the grey box on the wall with the siren and other stuff in that just started to burn on a trainning night just after pager and siren test.

rescue5271

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 01:42:30 PM »
Iknow of two fire's in CFA fire stations over the year's both where as a result of a direct hit by lightning and both stations along with tankers and a pumper where a total loss. Mind you the guys did a good job trying to save the brigade owned appliances... :evil:

Offline Damien

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 02:23:37 PM »
bringing back an old thread, hehe we had a fire in our station, hot water system caught alight :P dad said that the wires fried and caught fire, i got a photo of him looking at it somewhere, when i find it ill post it

probie_boy

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 02:55:04 PM »
bringing back an old thread, hehe we had a fire in our station, hot water system caught alight :P dad said that the wires fried and caught fire, i got a photo of him looking at it somewhere, when i find it ill post it

haha,thats funny.use the trucks?

Manuel

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2006, 04:29:38 PM »
haha, just the other week our 1970's tankers cab filled up with smoke, because a fuse really blew, melted heaps of wires, and filled the station with heaps of smoke.

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2006, 01:28:36 AM »
haha, just the other week our 1970's tankers cab filled up with smoke, because a fuse really blew, melted heaps of wires, and filled the station with heaps of smoke.

Does the brigade get another fixed alarm page or are the brigade smoke detectors not wired for monitoring ?
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline Damien

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2006, 05:37:49 PM »

haha,thats funny.use the trucks?

im not sure i wasnt a member back then, wasnt old enough :P

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2006, 06:44:29 PM »
Iknow of two fire's in CFA fire stations over the year's both where as a result of a direct hit by lightning and both stations along with tankers and a pumper where a total loss. Mind you the guys did a good job trying to save the brigade owned appliances... :evil:

Who said lightning didnt strike twice :-D :lol:
Images are copyright

anything