Author Topic: RCR gear service  (Read 3121 times)

rescue5271

RCR gear service
« on: March 30, 2006, 03:38:50 PM »
How many RCR brigades have had there gear serviced? Was at a meeting last night,there is a problem that LUCAS gear is not getting serviced and in many cases its well over due. There is only one state spare set of gear that is sent out to RCR brigade's so that the service work can be done, But the gear is sent to MELBOURNE.. Now there must be a firm here in SA that can do the work??

May be it's about time that CFS had two spare set's of RCR gear for when a brigade has to have a service done on their gear or if a brigade has a problem with their gear there is always going to be a spare so as to be sent out to a brigade...

Would love to know what happen to the old RCR gear that came of some of the old appliances that got new gear when they got a new pumper/24P?? They must be hiding some where...

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: RCR gear service
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 03:40:05 PM »
Easy solution have all of CFS go to Holmatro and have is serviced locally :-D

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 10:18:45 PM »
We've got the state spare set at Goolwa at the moment then i believe it is going to Mt Compass.

Ours was in desperate need to go back to Melbourne because the spreaders wouldn't even pop a rear door latch hinge.

We've had the spare set now for perhaps six weeks and we don't know when ours is coming back. What's bad about the spare set is to run the pump you have to actually have someone hold onto the throttle so the pump doesn't stop :oops:

On another note how many brigades are running reels for their Lukas equipment. Were looking at getting reels for ours, the quote we got for all Lukas stuff, the reel, fittings, extension hose and 2x25m lengths of hose came out at$9150.00 which is a little out of our price range, however were currently getting a quote drawn up using Lukas fittings, and a Gates brand reel, and Gates brand hoses (which is a black rubbery hose that is more pliable than the Lukas and higher pressure rating). And that is looking at being quite a few thousand cheaper.???

The person doing the quote for us was told by PT Hydraulics in Melbourne that only Lukas hose and fittings can be used, but i know that our local SES aren't using Lukas hose with theirs, is there anyone out there that can shed some light on it???

And i agree that CFS should have a standard brand of RCR gear.
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline fire03rescue

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 06:34:37 AM »
The reason why the pump is possibly stopping is the spring is missing.
Sorry I am not  technical enough, but the spring is from the throttle to stop it from vibrating off
Because our pump came back from a service and just after we found the same problem missing spring

rescue5271

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 01:04:46 PM »
We run two reels with 25 meter's of hose,that price you have is way to high have a chat to mercury fire has they may be able to help you....

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 01:41:02 PM »
What did your group/brigade pay??? Is it all genuine Lukas???

That Lukas hose is rubbish it's not flexible enough so were probably gonna go for the gates hose at about half the price of the Lukas.
Lt. Goolwa CFS

rescue5271

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 06:44:25 PM »
Our lucas gear came with our new rescue some years ago and it works well on the reel,what I am saying is shop around and you may get a better price.Have you looked on E-BAY?? you never know aht you might find on that,it does pay to shop around.....

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 11:08:54 PM »
It's a pity CFS didn't buy the reels with all the Lukas sets in 2000 they are much easier to handle than the standard 2x10metres of hose everyone got and it would fit into the storage bins under the 2000-present 24p's without any modifications, but i guess budget constrains them to giving the reels and what not to the more busier RCR brigades.
Lt. Goolwa CFS