Author Topic: A piece of history...  (Read 29984 times)

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: A piece of history...
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2006, 05:03:14 PM »
May be CFS should train SES???? and tell me where does it say that you have to be in a RCR brigade to do the RCR course?????

Personnally a course the same would be great, but I have seen the SES Training Resource Kit which requires that Basic Rescue and other tools courses to have already been completed.

Thus I would assume the pre-requisites (Basic Fire Fighter ??)for CFS are different, thus the courses not compatable.

Pity one of the services (MFS, CFS or SES) did not do a 'bridging type course' so that course pre-requisites are the same, thus RCR course would be the same.

Oh well, maybe opportunity missed....maybe an SES person picking up a hose would have created more of a storm....

"My thoughts only"
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2006, 05:45:49 PM »
Be funny if I get into MFS though still being CFS.  RCR trained, HAZMAT, rescue and all sorts of other stuff you get trained for but never being able to use it for the CFS brigade. :lol:

HMMM but there is RPL between CFS & MFS... just not SES.

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2006, 03:41:28 PM »
Back to the topic about SES responses being longer because members live further away; how does that excuse a long response time? Even if their members lived at the station, CFS could still get to an incident first, because of the distance SES has to travel to get there.
The only the SES could have similar response times to CFS is to have the an SES unit in every town with the CFS.
Personally, if I was the patient that required lifting, and had to wait an extra 15 minutes for the SES, when the fire station is just down the road, I'd be asking questions...
Shouldn't the closest resource be responded regardless of what service?

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2006, 04:54:04 PM »
Back to the topic about SES responses being longer because members live further away; how does that excuse a long response time? Even if their members lived at the station, CFS could still get to an incident first, because of the distance SES has to travel to get there.
The only the SES could have similar response times to CFS is to have the an SES unit in every town with the CFS.
Personally, if I was the patient that required lifting, and had to wait an extra 15 minutes for the SES, when the fire station is just down the road, I'd be asking questions...
Shouldn't the closest resource be responded regardless of what service?

I believe that is what is happening and personally I hope that is what will happen !!!  For example:-

13:42:07 27-04-06 SHQ: *CFSRES: MORGAN RESPOND PATIENT LIFT, RAILWAY TCE, MORGAN - ASSIST SAAS WITH LIFT FROM HOUSEBOAT CALLED THE MURRAY MIRANDA, 100M UPSTREAM FROM FERRY

01:16:56 27-04-06 SHQ: *CFSRES: PASKEVILLE RESPOND ASSIST SAAS WITH PATIENT LIFT. 74 RAILWAY TCE, PASKEVILLE. SAAS ON SCENE. < 27/04/2006 01:16:44

23:46:47 26-04-06 SHQ: *CFSRES: GOOLWA RESPOND ASSIST SAAS WITH PATIENT LIFT. UNIT 2 NO 13 BROOKING ST, GOOLWA. SAAS ON SCENE... < 26/04/2006 23:46:35
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2006, 06:26:58 PM »
Good good :)

Offline Heavy Rescue

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2006, 01:48:12 PM »
Well it might be working well in some areas but out here things aren't so smooth. It seems that when a road roller fell over the other day on top of a person the first and only response was of the SES who were about 20 km's away.

This might not seem strange until you realise that there was one CFS rescue brigade about 2 mins away, another about 5 minutes away and a third about 10 minutes away. None of those resourcs were responded until some 20 minutes after the initial SES response, unfortunately by the time we arrived the patient was DOA - and no SES on scene yet.

One really has to ask the question why the closest rescue (resource isn't being responded to rescue incidents ? Have the SES changed the MFS database and removed CFS from some rescue calls or was this simply a one of stuff up.  :-(

PF_

« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2006, 03:34:10 PM »
Was this the incident at Lewiston?

rescue5271

« Reply #82 on: April 29, 2006, 07:41:36 AM »
Did you guys follow up why it took so long for you to be paged with the region and socc??????if not why not.........

Offline Heavy Rescue

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2006, 11:55:36 AM »
I believe it is being followed up. Hopefully the Workplace services investigation will also reveal the deficiency.

anything