General Discussion > Other Government Agencies

EMS Ambulance Service in South Australia

(1/10) > >>

Robert-Robert34:
Hiya everyone i think its about time we visit the topic of other emergency services that are never mentioned on tv or seen at incidents

A couple months ago i managed to watch a little bit on A Current Affair about an Ambulance Service which is called EMS and its kinda like SAAS community first responders with the first response to medical emergencies

Last Year when i went to Adelaide i can recall my bus went by a medical center and it had Private Emergency Service sign on its front wall with a depot underneath of it

Any thoughts on this as I'm stumped completely and need someone to shed some light on it

strikeathird:
You mean on Channel 10 in one of the segments, and called EMT's..

Emergency Medical Technicians...

They go to like drug and alhohol hostels, salvo's detox, plus others, and work with the Locom doctors service to assist patients who cant afford ambulance cover.. They are volunteers.

Last I heard there head training officer was the pervious New York EMS training officer...

medevac:
technically im not sure if the EMTs in SA actually function as an emergency service anymore.... they dotn really run around the place lights and sirens, they are actually more like the SAAS transfer buses... taking bookings and transporting people that cant otherwise afford it. more of a charity?

or at least thats my undertsanding.

Scania_1:
There i a crowd around called Workcare Emergency Services or something similar who drive around in cars with red/blue lights. The idea was they would attend workplaces and administer first aid and take people to hospital and so on for less $$ than SAAS. Only thing is there was an article about their director in The Advertiser the other week that he is up on about 40 charges of doing things he shouldnt have been.

Scania_1:
here is part of the article
The Advertiser, 15-03-2006, Ed: 1 - State, Pg: 017, 110 words , NEWS
A PROSPECT man accused of running an ambulance service without a licence yesterday pleaded not guilty to 20 charges, including six counts of furnishing false information. David Zammitt - from WorkCare South Australia - faces charges in the Elizabeth ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version