Author Topic: GRN paging software  (Read 25545 times)

Offline fire03rescue

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
GRN paging software
« on: April 10, 2006, 04:40:14 PM »
Hi what GRN paging software is being used to send messages from computers :?
Is Airpro still used.
Where can I get a copy of the software

Offline 24P

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: GRN paging software
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 05:14:28 PM »
Type in PDW 2.14 into a search engine and you should find it
Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you.

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 05:28:14 PM »
PDW is decoding/monitoring software.

Airpro is the software used to interface with the GRN NOCC and send a pager message to the cap codes of choice.........

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 10:53:35 PM »
Link have provided an internet based way of sending pager messages - I've PM'd fire03rescue with the details (not something we want on public forums;))

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 12:42:37 AM »
Ohhhh why not!!! :-D :lol:
Lt. Goolwa CFS

strikeathird

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 11:45:37 AM »
For those that dont know, Link is nothing that is top secret..

Posted all round radio room stations that ive been too.. Im sure its a fairly known resource...

Airsource (or Airpro .. what ever its called...  Definately program of choice).

probie_boy

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 02:34:02 PM »
yeah, don't want that little secret getting out!

imagine...

12/4/05,0315, CFSRES hey dudes go fight a fire from LA central college frat boys

(shudders) :-D

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 02:45:27 PM »
12/4/05,0315, CFSRES hey dudes go fight a fire from LA central college frat boys
Hahaha!
Yeah, its not secret for volunteers, I just didn't want to be responsible for that ^^ happening :P

Offline Darius

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2006, 05:32:57 PM »
For those that dont know, Link is nothing that is top secret..

Posted all round radio room stations that ive been too.. Im sure its a fairly known resource...

Airsource (or Airpro .. what ever its called...  Definately program of choice).

The Link page is on their website it's definitely not a secret.  You can also send via email, but neither method is recommended for anything important.

The program is called "Airsource Pro" but is several years old and the company that did it (Silverlake) has gone out of business.

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2006, 09:52:08 AM »
The program is called "Airsource Pro" but is several years old and the company that did it (Silverlake) has gone out of business.

The Airsource Pro software was reinstalled at the new SES SCC and is the prime way that units are pager when we are active. I suppose when you use the software, you do not need much more functionality.

Paging decoder software on a computer has been changed though. Not sure of the name of the software, but receiver of pager message is listed in a seperate column from the pager message. Makes it easy to import the saved file into a spreadsheet for analysis.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline mengcfs

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2012, 08:28:42 PM »
Is Airsource Pro still able to be used?  I was using at the Station only a week ago but now it won't work.  I need to figure out if the program/software/company is now defunct or I have another PC issue.
Thanks,

pumprescue

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2012, 09:57:01 PM »
Air source the company are long gone and the program hasn't been supported I years, we have just been lucky it has worked for this long.

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2012, 08:32:00 AM »
Internet based form of paging is available. Just need a login.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline FlameTrees

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2012, 08:35:18 AM »
The Link site also no longer works.

There is the GRN provided one, but I also dont want to publish it in a public forum.

Regions have been trialling iPage, and this trial has now expired. I dont know what the plans are for that moving forward.
"is that negative as in yes, or negative as in no" - actual radio transmission from the field.......

Offline Darius

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2012, 09:28:23 AM »
Is Airsource Pro still able to be used?  I was using at the Station only a week ago but now it won't work.  I need to figure out if the program/software/company is now defunct or I have another PC issue.
Thanks,

yes you can still use Airsource if you wish. Must be a PC, modem or phone line problem if it's now stopped working for you. 
It's still on the PC at my station but haven't used it for yonks, we use a version of the sagrn-provided website customised for my group/brigade.

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2012, 08:52:54 PM »
I believe CFS have bought ipage

Adelaide Fire is now using ipage also

Offline FlameTrees

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2012, 04:39:14 AM »
Thanks Alex. The last info I had was it was being considered. Of course iPage will be good for paging out of a group/regional office, but from home will still have to be the GRN site.
"is that negative as in yes, or negative as in no" - actual radio transmission from the field.......

Offline mengcfs

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2012, 10:18:40 AM »
Problem solvered.  The modem packed up.  We do have the GRN internet site (with password) to use, but Airsource is easier as the pager ID's are pre programmed.

Offline straps

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2012, 05:38:42 PM »
Am about to commence testing and hopefully roll out GRN paging for St John Ambulance SA...

Was hoping that someone could advise of what the email address looks like for sending pager messages via a mail program (i.e outlook etc)
and
We are also waiting for Motorola to provide the password for the website to page via the web / online - Is anyone happy to PM me with the password..

Also, we have purchased the serial cable and housing to do our own programming to the pagers, but no user guide, anyone have any instructions on how to code pagers etc.. (Still chasing up SAGRN / Motorola).

Cheers
Shane

Offline straps

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2012, 06:11:45 PM »
Further to my last, not having seen the software that some have mentioned above (airsource etc), can people provide a link or names of software that can be installed to accomodate on-line (non-critical) paging / messaging..???

Cheers
Shane

Offline Fire000

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2012, 08:53:39 PM »
Am about to commence testing and hopefully roll out GRN paging for St John Ambulance SA...

Was hoping that someone could advise of what the email address looks like for sending pager messages via a mail program (i.e outlook etc)
and
We are also waiting for Motorola to provide the password for the website to page via the web / online - Is anyone happy to PM me with the password..

Also, we have purchased the serial cable and housing to do our own programming to the pagers, but no user guide, anyone have any instructions on how to code pagers etc.. (Still chasing up SAGRN / Motorola).

Cheers
Shane

Why is that you're seeking a password over a public forum and not through the official channels? Surely St John Ambulance SA has someone/an external contractor to organise their radios/ GRN requirements. Sounds a bit dodge you're doing it over a public forum. In at St. Johns at Unley tomorrow, so will ask what the go is with this sort of thing. SAFECOM were the ones who commissioned the new paging website when Link went bust, perhaps you should be contacting them.

Furthermore, pager programming should also be done through the completed through the official channels (e.g. CFS has a contactor who can do it, along with selected staff). By doing this, pagers allocation (and which capcodes have been programmed into each) can be tracked via the appropriate SAGRN pager fleet map.

Offline straps

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2012, 05:15:06 AM »
Why is that you're seeking a password over a public forum and not through the official channels? Surely St John Ambulance SA has someone/an external contractor to organise their radios/ GRN requirements. Sounds a bit dodge you're doing it over a public forum. In at St. Johns at Unley tomorrow, so will ask what the go is with this sort of thing. SAFECOM were the ones who commissioned the new paging website when Link went bust, perhaps you should be contacting them.

Furthermore, pager programming should also be done through the completed through the official channels (e.g. CFS has a contactor who can do it, along with selected staff). By doing this, pagers allocation (and which capcodes have been programmed into each) can be tracked via the appropriate SAGRN pager fleet map.

Hate to burst your bubble, but nothing dodgy here...
I presently have 70 ish pagers here that I need to test, each pager has more than one allocation to it so rather than telephone the indial call centre in excess of 250 times I am seeking to send messages via the web.

SAGRN Helpdesk have several emails with some follow up questions and seeking the password to the web messaging gateway, is but one of them... I am more than happy to contact SAFECOM - thus my question to this 'public' forum - sometimes the answers we seek don't need to be hidden in a veil of secrecy, its just a matter of being pointed in the right direction.

As for the recoding, many thanks for your feedback, however we have been having our discussions with SAGRN and with XACOM and are comfortable with where we are at. It will not be our preference to do internal re-coding, however replacement of some pagers require a short turnaround time and might benefit from a local arrangement - this said, if there are local suppliers / programmers that might be able to assist, I am happy to collect their details and seek to utilise them instead.

Feel free to make your enquiries at Unley State Office, the IT guys will probably listen politely before referring any concerns / questions you have to me as I am coordinating the GRN project for St John. Feel free to PM me should you have any additional concerns...

Cheers
Shane

Offline OldOne

• Long time SES member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2012, 06:57:45 AM »

and

Cheers
Shane

quick question,  what model of pager will St John be using.  SES are now halfway through migrating to the Alpha Elite pagers from the original Samsung units as they are becoming very unreliable due to age.

Your programming software and instructions will depend on model you are using.   I am in the process of hardware converting a programmer to a self contained USB interface as the new laptops do not have a RS232 ports plus I want to get away from a mains power pack and use USB power so the whole package is field portable.

OldOne
SES Communications trainer

Offline straps

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2012, 09:22:54 PM »
quick question,  what model of pager will St John be using.  SES are now halfway through migrating to the Alpha Elite pagers from the original Samsung units as they are becoming very unreliable due to age.

Your programming software and instructions will depend on model you are using.   I am in the process of hardware converting a programmer to a self contained USB interface as the new laptops do not have a RS232 ports plus I want to get away from a mains power pack and use USB power so the whole package is field portable.

Hey OldOne,
We have been supplied with Alpha Elite.

Cheers
Shane

Offline OldOne

• Long time SES member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2012, 07:10:10 AM »
Hey OldOne,
We have been supplied with Alpha Elite.

Hi Shane,

Very good robust pager,  they have a few limitations compared to the Samsung but not to bad for the end user if all the options are set up correctly during programming.  I have not found a programming manual for the Windows version but the DOS manual covers all the commands anyway but there is the F1 help options in the Windows version.

They are very easy to interface and program, all the information is on the web (not like the Samsung units).  On the web there are a couple of windows programming versions and they will happily run on a Win7 laptop.   With the Windows version you can save files, ie make a master template and just change the capcode per pager without re-entering all the details thereby speeding up the process.

The original versions were DOS based and there were problems with comms port access under windows.  (still looking for a copy of the Samsung software so I can test a home made programming jig.)

Cheers
OldOne.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 07:31:19 AM by OldOne »
SES Communications trainer