Author Topic: fire-related mobile phone ringtones  (Read 7431 times)

Offline Darius

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
fire-related mobile phone ringtones
« on: April 13, 2006, 03:32:07 PM »
well it's a slow afternoon but had an alerts call earlier and it got me thinking it would be handy to have alerts calls come up on my mobile with a different ringtone, preferably something fire-related (eg. like a siren or something).

previous attempts of mine to find and download a decent ringtone off the net have been a total waste of time, has anyone got any? or good places to look?

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
Re: fire-related mobile phone ringtones
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 05:17:26 PM »
Our group admin had one of a town fire siren going off in wail mode. Sounded excellent but have no idea how he got it. May have just recorded it to the phone.
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 06:23:53 PM »
what network?
the three network has an air raid tone on there intranet (?)

strikeathird

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 07:04:28 PM »
I got the Air Raid siren.... (long woooooooo.... that goes up.. holds.. comes down.. repeats..)

How can i transfer it to u ?

Offline calspec

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 07:28:51 PM »
I had a siren ringtone on my previous Panasonic flip phone that was attached to the CFS phone number in my address book.  A short ascending woop woop type sound.  Very bloodie annoying and sure got your attention!  I can fire up the phone and send it if you require.  Just PM me your mobile No

Offline Darius

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2006, 10:17:22 AM »
I had a siren ringtone on my previous Panasonic flip phone that was attached to the CFS phone number in my address book.  A short ascending woop woop type sound.  Very bloodie annoying and sure got your attention!  I can fire up the phone and send it if you require.  Just PM me your mobile No

sounds good, but what is "PM"?
(how can you email someone from a post they have done to this forum?)

PF_

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2006, 10:35:52 AM »
click on that little gray speech bubble with "IM" in it, under the members name for a Personal Message (PM)

strikeathird

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2006, 11:03:20 AM »
I got the air raid siren if anyone wants it..  Can you put it on the computer and send it that way ?  then the receiver just d/loads it to the phone? ??

Any phone nerds on here ??

:-P

Offline Darius

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2006, 12:57:45 PM »
I got the air raid siren if anyone wants it..  Can you put it on the computer and send it that way ?  then the receiver just d/loads it to the phone? ??

Any phone nerds on here ??

can you send it to me please?

if you have a programming cable, or infra-red link etc you can get it off your phone onto your computer then email it.  Otherwise you can just send it from your phone as an MMS (multimedia message).

I got the one from calspec but it's in "xmf" format (which I had never heard of before) and no phone I have access to knows what to do with it (the nokias are expecting a .mid file).  I've googled but can't find any converters either!

PF_

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2006, 03:13:35 PM »
i was looking through the defence force website and some mobile phone tones came popped up, got a submarine diving horn and hornet fly overs etc.  Cant remmeber what section I was in when it popped up though.

strikeathird

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2006, 05:19:54 PM »
Darius PM me ur mobile number..

Offline calspec

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2006, 11:00:55 PM »
Darius, Blinky and others.  The siren ringtone that I have is one that I downloaded from the 'net.  I just can't find which site.  Couple of good ones at blueskyfrog.com.au  if you want to pay for them.  Truetones, Police Siren and Highway Cop.  The latter has a good Code3 type siren sound.

I will see if there is a way of converting it from this .xmf whatever, to a .mid/.wav or similar.

Cheers,

Calspec

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2006, 09:07:13 AM »
I got a fire alert siren which is used in Austria on my SAGEM mobile as well as a air rescue alarm which im using as my SMS alert
Kalangadoo Brigade

probie_boy

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2006, 10:06:14 AM »
I was lucky. I have a ringtone that sounds similar to the tone you hear on the GRN from time to time. You know the real high pitched "dee doo dee doo". It sounds almost exactly the same.

Offline CyberCitizen

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Fire Fighter
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/cfsfirey
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2006, 06:31:59 PM »
Depending On Your Phone You Can Copy The Ringtont To Your PC Via A Data Cable Or Blue Tooth Then Upload It To A Website. Then Depending On Your Phone You Can Connect Via WAP & Download The File Straight To Your Phone.

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2006, 09:14:25 PM »
If people have tones they wish to share PM me and I will arrange to host them.

Cheers

Offline Darius

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2006, 09:23:01 PM »
Depending On Your Phone You Can Copy The Ringtont To Your PC Via A Data Cable Or Blue Tooth Then Upload It To A Website. Then Depending On Your Phone You Can Connect Via WAP & Download The File Straight To Your Phone.

problem for me is damn nokia only seems to understand .mid files.  Getting it to/from the phone is no problem (can also use infrared or MMS).  I still haven't managed to get a ringtone that works though.

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2006, 09:25:34 PM »
I got my alet tones off of Jamster Mobile website
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2006, 10:02:47 PM »
I got my alet tones off of Jamster Mobile website

hah the GF accidentally subscribed herslef to jamsdter (luckily she is pre-paid) and it charges her $10 a week...

took a while before i finally worked out why she never had credit... anyone know the best way of killing these things? i was thinking call vodafone and ask them to block it... but she hasnt done a thing.. and its been a  few weeks at least  :|

PF_

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2006, 10:25:16 PM »
vodafone prepaid is a b!tch

I buy $30 of credit and in 2 months I ahve to recharge it no matter how much I use otherwise it all goes and I have to ring up to re register my phone and all this crap.  So I end up with $60-70 of credit, bout 100 free text and a lot of vodafone live features dont want to work so cant waste credit on them....

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2006, 08:30:24 AM »
When vodafone went against me using 194000 or other numbers in that range to get ring tones or screen savers i emailed dodo and got them to send me a Dodo Mobile Starter Pack

Now i can refill with $15 and my sms's only cost 6.5 cents so thats why i still have enough credit after doing so many downloads off of Jamster Mobile
Kalangadoo Brigade

probie_boy

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2006, 09:31:01 AM »
medevac,

in order to stop those filtered at jamster you have to give them more money. I believe you have to sms "stop" to a certain number to stop getting crippled . Look for it down the bottom next time a jamster ad comes on

Offline mengcfs

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2006, 10:36:30 AM »
If anyone would like some siren ringtones i have a few in MP3 format. If you have a cord that came with your phone i can email you the files. Just PM me.

Offline CyberCitizen

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Fire Fighter
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/cfsfirey
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2006, 01:52:46 PM »
problem for me is damn nokia only seems to understand .mid files.  Getting it to/from the phone is no problem (can also use infrared or MMS).  I still haven't managed to get a ringtone that works though.

The Problem I Have I Have A Nokia As Well. The Newer Phones Are Ok But If You Have One Of The Older Nokia's They Use An Old Version Of Midi, You Can Convert It But It's Alot Of Effort.

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2006, 09:05:18 PM »
medevac,

in order to stop those filtered at jamster you have to give them more money. I believe you have to sms "stop" to a certain number to stop getting crippled . Look for it down the bottom next time a jamster ad comes on

cheers, ill investigate

anything