Author Topic: RCR Challenge  (Read 19022 times)

strikeathird

Re: RCR Challenge
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2006, 07:18:04 PM »
Whats the likely hood of having a prang while that EXACT rescue crew is on tho ?

B/wood won best CFS last year i believe.. They have done well to retain it once again.

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2006, 07:19:47 PM »
It's always Salisbury and Blackwood that win.  The citizens must feel good if they ever happen to be involved in an MVA.

... right. well salisbury actually came third. beaten by both vollie services. ahhh fantastic.

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2006, 07:25:21 PM »
Whats the likely hood of having a prang while that EXACT rescue crew is on tho ?

B/wood won best CFS last year i believe.. They have done well to retain it once again.

blackwood are an excellent team/brigade, i do not doubt this after seeing them at the comps for the last few years and working with them at actual RCRs/MVAs since i started. but it could be said that perhaps one of the reasons BWD has such a monopoly over the CFS side of the comps is the lack of competition, which is dissapointing, considering that all accomodation and most meals are paid for...

strikeathird

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2006, 07:42:47 PM »
Mate, there a probably PLENTY of people that will do it.. but aren't part of RCR brigades..

Which is even more of a pity...

Maybe the CFS needs to grant more equipment and training and give more brigades rescue gear ??

:D

*wakes up from the dream*

Offline 24P

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2006, 07:44:17 PM »
yes was there today, caught the Adelaide A? shift, the CFA and Salisbury's work
Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you.

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2006, 08:15:42 PM »
well you dont have to be in an RCR brigade. im not sure... probly have to be RCR trained tho' which of course is difficult if your not  a RCR brigade/unit.....

PF_

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2006, 08:18:39 PM »

If its for Salisbury MFS then you got probably a 25% chance of having that crew.  But, Salisbury have been in quite a few comps, whether it always the same crew...

probie_boy

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2006, 10:03:29 AM »
Yeah, one of the guys in salisbury is also in burnside i think. I only kinda caught his name at the last second.

I saw laura, blackwood, riverland, stirling, salisbury and just missed werribee. basically i stayed there most of the day coz i saw everything the motor show had to offer in about an hour!

good on blackwood for winning, i hadn't seen their RCR crew perform before and they're the goods. Its a shame stirling didn't do better.

either way its comforting to know that both those brigades are close to my house, so if i crash i'm in good hands!

Offline F.B.R.T

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2006, 11:14:48 AM »
Howdy Everyone!,

I was in an official capacity at the Road Crash Rescue Challenge on the weekend and was impressed at the professionalism, team-work, leadership and overall skills in all of the scenario's that these teams faced.

Congratulations to Blackwood CFS for taking out the honours, but I think that everyone "wins" just for participating and learning different things from other teams.

I look forward to going to the Australasian Challenge in Adelaide in July.

Regards, Mat
The views I express are my own, and not necessarily of the service I represent!

Offline E-ONE

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2006, 11:40:21 AM »
Blackwood have won the CFS RCR Comps for the every year since 96 and plenty of times before that...

probie_boy

« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2006, 11:51:51 AM »
yeah, they're pretty good. I have a lot of respect for blackwood now.

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2006, 03:22:36 PM »
Were many 'general public' spectators watching the competition ?
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

probie_boy

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2006, 03:27:00 PM »
a few. They came and went all day. There were a few people from services watching. There seemed to be heaps of mets watching.

strikeathird

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2006, 03:59:40 PM »
From the Adelaide Motor Show RCR Comps...
(From Pager)
CONGRATS. TO THE BALCKWOOD RCR TEAM ON WINNING BEST CSS TEAM - WINNER OF UNLIMITED AND LIMITED EVENTS BEST TEAM LEADER AND STATE CHAMPION - FROM STG0

Congrats Blackwood !

hehe.. No one picked up on my first post... Balckwood ??  lol... Nice one GO.

Offline 24P

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2006, 05:16:18 PM »
Probably already celebrating?
Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you.

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2006, 02:33:37 PM »

msg from paging service striker.. not typed by the GO

probie_boy

« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2006, 02:34:59 PM »
still funny though

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2006, 11:19:07 AM »
Yeah, one of the guys in salisbury is also in burnside i think. I only kinda caught his name at the last second.

mr. kirkmoe - dunno if its the kirkmoe on here or his brother...

Offline oz fire

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2006, 12:00:05 PM »
Well done to the Blackwood crew - great to see that their team continues to change and despite this they still win! Great allocate for Blackwood (to have many excellent RCR operators) and to CFS, to continue having a winning team.

Fingers crossed that both Blackwood and the other services teams that compete in the Australasian RCR challenge here in July win.

Regardless its nice to see crews who put in the time to train, practice their skills, use those skills efficiently and effectively are rewarded by entering and winning the challenge and comp  :-D :-D :-D
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

rescue5271

« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2006, 01:19:25 PM »
OZ-FIRE, more RCR brigades would have gone if there where crews around to cover the area's risks well done to blackwood . I know the RCR brigades in this region train hard and are very good at what we do,its a pitty that we dont have the numbers to send crews away to the comps but that is a part of life that all service's have to deal with.............

strikeathird

« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2006, 01:30:33 PM »

msg from paging service striker.. not typed by the GO

I was hoping.. hehehe.. Considering we are also the CFS.. not CSS.. :D

Offline oz fire

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2006, 11:46:24 AM »
OZ-FIRE, more RCR brigades would have gone if there where crews around to cover the area's risks well done to blackwood . I know the RCR brigades in this region train hard and are very good at what we do,its a pitty that we dont have the numbers to send crews away to the comps but that is a part of life that all service's have to deal with.............

Blinky - I understand, but in this game it's called risk management, you deal with the issue at hand, not the issue that may arise ..... if ...... or ..... when!

Maybe if there was enough interest around the state we would see regional RCR challenges, with the winning teams going through to the state level, but even then crews would have to leave their areas to participate ....... one would hope that with all brigades having response plans, issues like these could be sorted at a local level :|

Offline Stefan KIRKMOE

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2006, 07:04:29 PM »
that would be kirkmoe senior.... the salisbury team actually has KIRKMOE, KIESSLING and DOUGLAS.... all burnside members....

Offline oz fire

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2006, 09:02:21 AM »
cant win it with one service, then try the other :evil: :evil: :evil: