Author Topic: SES Station Numbers...  (Read 23682 times)

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: SES Station Numbers...
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2008, 11:34:41 AM »
Ah but that is not quite true is it?
All SES "9" vehicles are Primary RCR - i.e they have heavy cutters & spreaders & ram + Hydraulic pump either a Simo or Trimo. Plus the other stuff.
CFS who knows! could be a rescue with heavy hydraulic equipment, 24/34p with heavy hydraulic or combitool who knows!
Then there is MFS who can have either heavy hydraulic or combitool & still be called rescue i.e "9".
Remember the directory states that combination tools do not meet the standard.
So I have a 91 (RCR), a 31 which has cutters and all of the RCR stuff but as it does not have a seperate spreaders does not meet the RCR standard.
Therefore once everyone understands our system they know that a "9" vehicle has heavy hydraulic capability & crewed by RCR team members.
Yet I don't have the same confidence in CFS/MFS - combitool/ heavy hydraulic? RCR Crew or not?
Back to NOA020 - there appliance would have a "3" on the door & would be more than capable of any rescue except RCR as they haven't done the course - as far as I know!
Well over half of the heavy fleet would be "9" vehicles, I think the problem lays with the fire service view of rescue - RCR being the mainly/only form of rescue! And of course it would take very little effort to fix the NOA029 problem -train them in RCR :-D Or change the computer entry :wink:
The system is quite fine - if used correctly & EVERYONE follows the same rules!
cheers
Ken
just another retard!

Offline safireservice

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: SES Station Numbers...
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2008, 12:20:14 PM »
And of course it would take very little effort to fix the NOA029 problem -train them in RCR :-D Or change the computer entry :wink:
The system is quite fine - if used correctly & EVERYONE follows the same rules!
cheers
Are you for real? The only way MFS comms will change an entry on the system if it benifits them. All others are too hard or they dont have the time.
Treat everyone as if they are an idiot, until they prove you otherwise.