General Discussion > CFS Cadet Corner

ANZAC Vigil

(1/5) > >>

mengcfs:
Hi all,
It seems a few Brigade's Cadets will be holding the ANZAC Vigil this year. Can anyone involved give us an insight as to what different Brigades are doing?

--- Quote ---FOR INFO OUR CADETS PARTICIPATING IN ANZAC ALL NIGHT VIGIL TONIGHT. BRIGADE MEMBERS WELCOME ALL NIGHT. SERVICE AT 0630 HOURS - CORO CAPTAIN
--- End quote ---

Robert-Robert34:
Like the last couple of years I'll be representing among the delegates representing Wattle Range CFS Division in Millicent's Anzac Day march

But also I'm in the march due to relis from both sides of my family having served in WW2 so i have the obligation of keeping up the tradition.... plus our brigade used to do the Anzac Day March back in the late 1980's-eary 1990's but lost all interest so i am reigniting the tradition even though no one in our brigade seems to care about the CFS proud Civil Defence history/war time role

This is real sad  :cry:

bajdas:
At the Morphett Vale memorial a youth vigil will be held tonight.

The training session was run yesterday and I believe multiple youth organisations are involved (CFS, St John, Scouts, Guides, Army, etc).

The training session yesterday was run by a person in a CFS logo T-Shirt & jacket.

To give you an idea of the size of the event, all of the youth meet at the local footy oval at 1645. Then the first shift are to have tea and then the vigil starts. Twelve youths at a time will maintain the vigil for 30 minutes before the shift changes and another 12 start. Activities, food and sleeping for the remaining youth at the footy oval are conducted by the leaders of each organisation. This continues until 0530.

My daughter who is a member of Guides SA expects to complete three shifts during the night/early morning. This will be her third year of doing the vigil and she enjoys the contact with youths of other organisations. She will be wearing her Grandmother's medals as a sign of respect.

My son who is a Rover member of the Scouts is involved in assisting at the ceremony and vigil in the Adelaide city.

rescue5271:
About 8 cadets and leaders went down to Adelaide yesterday for the vigil  from region 5 and I can tell you this will be something that our cadets will be very proud to do. Our cadets did a vigil here in Naracoorte few years ago lot of hard work,cold and they did a great job,nice to see that young people are willing and able to pass on the true meaning of ANZAC DAY. I did not go this year to the local march as my wife is ill,each year the story's get better and people really show their true colours...

Robert-Robert34:
Once again like last year i praticipated in the Millicent Anzac Day march along with 3 Millicent CFS members,our GO and 3 Deputies... the officers were dressed in their CFS Officers dress unifroms while us 3 volunteers had our 2 piece uniforms on

The worst part was that we were made to amrch behind the SES march pariticpants even though CFS comes before SES which was quite confusing  :?

At least the SE Times Journalist/Photographer was there to take pictures of both emergency services which no doubt will be in Thursdays Edition of the South Eastern Times

I've lost count of how mnay times i've been in the SE Times or Border Watch newspapers  :-D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version