Author Topic: pager message  (Read 11375 times)

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: pager message
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2006, 03:49:51 PM »
Thats funny probie_boy :lol: but being caught in the shower when the pager sounds is no worser than running outside on a stormy,cold or hot night wearing only boxers and a t-shirt as i've done that plenty of times as well  :lol:
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2006, 04:32:17 PM »
Never in 10 years been caught in the shower but been caught on the bog many times :evil:

We used to have a bloke who ran in the station naked and get dressed in the station :oops: thankfully that only lasted twice before a stern word was passed.

Had a member come in the station for a job the other day with half his face shaved the other not it was pretty damn funny and he won't live it down for the next year :lol:
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline Darius

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2006, 05:23:45 PM »
Yea so any way..

I also get annoyed with the poxy messages...

If your not at the call, ring the station if you want to sticky beak about it..

Unless it directly involves the job, and the crews not at the scene / station need to know.. THen find out at the next training night or sumthing..

A page telling crews that a truck is responding to the job, that the truck is at the scene, truck is leaving, and truck is back... Over kill...

If you're talking about the barossa ones, it's sent to group officers only.  If that's how that group wants to do it, that's their business (perhaps they have a group officer who can't get radio reception or something).

If you're talking about somewhere else where these type of pages are sent to everyone in the group, and you're in that group, then again it's obviously something the group management committee decided to do.  If you don't like it, put it on the agenda for the next group meeting.

Someone here said sending pages costs money, but does it? (ignoring the phone call or dialup to send the page).  Do you know the details of the CFS contract with Link?  It's not some "200 pages for $20" type deal you know.

Offline Camo

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Compton CFS Website
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2006, 07:28:25 PM »
I was told that everytime you press the PTT button on a GRN radio it costs some more money...

whether that is true or not im not sure.

Cameron
Compton CFS Website
http://www.compton.sacfs.org

strikeathird

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2006, 10:43:47 PM »
Yea so any way..

Unless it directly involves the job, and the crews not at the scene / station need to know.. THen find out at the next training night or sumthing..

A page telling crews that a truck is responding to the job, that the truck is at the scene, truck is leaving, and truck is back... Over kill...

If you're talking about the barossa ones, it's sent to group officers only.  If that's how that group wants to do it, that's their business (perhaps they have a group officer who can't get radio reception or something).

If you're talking about somewhere else where these type of pages are sent to everyone in the group, and you're in that group, then again it's obviously something the group management committee decided to do.  If you don't like it, put it on the agenda for the next group meeting.

Someone here said sending pages costs money, but does it? (ignoring the phone call or dialup to send the page).  Do you know the details of the CFS contract with Link?  It's not some "200 pages for $20" type deal you know.

In general ..

Same as i get pissed when brigaes notify of burnoffs... Every freaking training night........

Every one is allowed to have there quams mate.. if it grinds your gears that much.. Dont read a forum..

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2006, 11:12:06 PM »
..Same as i get filtered when brigaes notify of burnoffs...
Notify who?

strikeathird

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2006, 11:59:01 PM »
Like full group pages of blah brigade conducting a burn..

Notify the GO.. If they think its neccasarry, notify the brigades closest... then if neccessary again.. cause of conditions etc.. notify the group..

Any way.. getting off my bandwagon..

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2006, 07:50:30 AM »
We get notified of permits issued relevant to the next few days.... Is handy to know what the smoke is about, particularly for those of us on the alerts system.... That being said, there arnt many of them either.

Offline Darius

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2006, 10:12:45 AM »
Every one is allowed to have there quams mate.. if it grinds your gears that much.. Dont read a forum..

"qualm" means an uneasy feeling, I would have said you had gripes or whinges but anyway.
Just an attempt to inject some facts and common sense into the discussion, pointless I know!  :evil:  :-D

probie_boy

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2006, 02:26:33 PM »
you said it darius  :wink:

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2006, 12:43:36 PM »
Yea so any way..

Save me! (Im serious!) the dreaded messages are starting to come across my pager toooooo   :| :cry:

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2006, 01:02:10 PM »
You arent the only one Mike i had a message like that come over my pager a few weeks ago which nearly resulted in my flying through the screen door :lol: until i read the message

Despite the fire season ending midnight on Saturday we shouldnt drop our guard as most burnoffs have a habit of getting out of hand during the off season

I can remember going to Carpenter Rocks a couple years back in a Task Force Team because a burnoff in one of the Pine Plantations got out of hand although our brigade didnt do anything but sit around all night until we were released after midnight
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2006, 07:00:14 PM »
Robert34, you should change your alert tone to something other than tone 7, that way, you'll know its not a call out ;)
and you're right about burnoffs getting out of control,

26-04-06 17:04:28 MFS: RESPOND GRASS FIRE 26/04/06 17:03,BARRIER HWY,BURRA, MAP 0 0 0 ,,BURN OFF OUT OF CONTROL NTH OF BURRA,561*CFSRES:

PF_

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2006, 07:16:53 PM »
Why does it say MFS but then has CFSRES* at the start and end of the message?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 07:19:45 PM by P F »

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2006, 07:21:34 PM »
"MFS" at the start of the message is simply the place the message originated, "SHQ" being CFS SOCC, "MFS" being SAMFS Commcen...

*CFSRES: is simply the doo-dah... i cant think of the rioght word, but it is the part of the message that causes it to revert to tone 7. same as "URGMSG"...

*CFSRES is the standard used between MFS pagers, CFS pagers and SES pagers for alarms...

PF_

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2006, 07:34:32 PM »
Cool, now I understand what it all means, thanks.

I always thought MFS meant it was an MFS page, do MFS have pagers?  is there a site that has when they go to call outs and what reason as well?

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2006, 08:09:50 PM »
MFS or SHQ is just the prefix, the way to tell if its CFS or MFS that have been responded is the numbers at the end... there are threads detailing what the numbers mean around the place...

Only the retained MFS crews as well as stn 33 and 28 are on pagers, the rest use MDTs (mobile data terminal) to recieve calls and transmit several K-codes... i dont believe there is any way to intercept them.

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2006, 08:10:20 PM »
also distric officers are on pagers...

strikeathird

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2006, 09:30:14 PM »
I believe the METS that are on pagers have a faulty dispath system..

Offline Firey9119

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2006, 11:13:28 AM »
i also beleave that mfs 303 has pagers due to no/ notworking MDT. and if you look at any mfs page it still has *CFSRES at the end of the message to activate tone 7
Phillip H
Salisbury CFS (Para Group)
FireFighter
(Firey9119)

probie_boy

« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2006, 11:20:01 AM »
yeah

anything