Author Topic: Busiest brigades  (Read 53020 times)

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Busiest brigades
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2006, 11:12:27 PM »
That's a lot of calls :|

Offline Stefan KIRKMOE

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2006, 11:19:02 PM »
Burnside currently to date is about 160 i think. Last year ended up about 225 or so....

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2006, 11:28:18 PM »
Well at least it's almost too wet for all you hills brigades to be going to all the donkey's that can't control their burnoff's up there, last year seemed pretty ridiculous in may and june the amount of "Burnoff Out Of Control" calls were up there :-o
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2006, 12:11:15 AM »
Unfortunately, the "burnoff out of control" calls seem to have been replaced with MVA calls... Wet roads... ;)

rescue5271

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2006, 06:58:15 AM »
Naracoorte is up to 104 calls,little down on last year

probie_boy

« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2006, 10:05:45 AM »
I heard littlehampton are in a slump this year. A while ago they were on like 90 calls when they normally get about 170

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2006, 10:57:21 AM »
A couple years ago they only used to get 60 a year, ahhh the joys of backing up Barker, it does wonders for your call stats. :-D
Lt. Goolwa CFS

probie_boy

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2006, 11:36:29 AM »
yeah and doesn't it show! Do they also have much involvement with STC? I know they're not closest to there, but they're close enough. by involvement i mean taking a truck up there when a course is on etc.

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2006, 09:00:33 PM »
who knows??? that wouldnt be an incident anyway...

in all reality littlehampton dont really back barker up that much at all, watch the paging site, the only things in barkers primary that littlehampton get paged for are grassies (littlehampton tanker, or heysen BWC i guess only) and any structure fire that is called in as a school, commercial or factory...

barker do it all by themselves in there area...

Offline jason

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2006, 09:49:39 AM »
who knows??? that wouldnt be an incident anyway...

in all reality littlehampton dont really back barker up that much at all, watch the paging site, the only things in barkers primary that littlehampton get paged for are grassies (littlehampton tanker, or heysen BWC i guess only) and any structure fire that is called in as a school, commercial or factory...

barker do it all by themselves in there area...

LH are duel response for all structure fires & Grass Fires fires in Barker. last year they also responded to all fire alarms, hence the drop in calls this year.
LH only do about 25 - 30 primary calls a year.

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2006, 09:58:05 AM »
Yeh... thats what i said. do they go to all domestics?

Offline TillerMan

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2006, 12:33:06 PM »
Robert34 i dont think your calls will go up that much, you may gothere 10 times in a year but it wont be hundreds...

rescue5271

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2006, 09:02:07 PM »
If mount barker did not respond to other brigade areas for dual turn out well there call's will come down.. But why is it that they only respond themself to alarms in their area but always have to dual respond to others area in the group?????

Toast

« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2006, 02:12:34 AM »
Because if they can get two trucks out the door, there is no need for a second brigade to be responded.

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2006, 11:05:20 AM »
I agree with you on that statement Toast but bear in mind brigades do have trouble in getting crews for one appliance because most of their members are either at work or picking their kids up from school when the pager sounds

Kalangadoo learnt that lesson last monday when we were called to CHH Nangwarry and only 2 crew rocked up after the page was sent out with the Captain arriving a few mintues later
Kalangadoo Brigade

Toast

« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2006, 01:54:29 PM »
Robert, don't forget that brigades differ in their ability to crew appliances. Mt. Barker can, 90% of the time, get two trucks out the door. If they can,t then they turn out the next brigade to get the second appliance responding if its needed

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2006, 04:21:41 PM »
you are 100% right Toast and it's because Mount Barker has more volunteers who can man the truck at all hours when available
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2006, 11:16:28 PM »
differant horses for differant courses...

pumprescue

« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2006, 01:40:58 PM »
Robert how many jobs has the Group down their predicted for your brigade and will they be putting in for a pumper?

Mt Barker are like any other brigade if they don't turn out to a job they get defaulted. The reason Littlehampton get so many jobs a year is because the group officers invite the tanker to out of area jobs and heysen tanker is on automatic response for ANY rural incident during summer to boost their call rate.......

rescue5271

« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2006, 02:47:55 PM »
There is no way that kalangadoo will get a pumper as there is one at Millicent,a 24p at Penola and at this stage the Mill may not be going ahead due to the community dont want it in there town...the best the brigade may get is a recon 34 or a new 34 but that is up to the group.....

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2006, 06:28:06 PM »
rescue5271 is right pumprescue due to our very low callout status were not really in the position to have a pumper plus fr0m what i have heard around the traps were getting a refurbished 34 in coming months

Should the new pulp mill be built and our brigade is still operational when that happens Kalangadoo 'might' get a 34P but until that happens we have to make use of the current 34 appliance

But the pulp mill might be like our Auspine mill and have their own emergency response team
Kalangadoo Brigade

strikeathird

« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2006, 08:48:07 PM »
Seems like everythread makes its way back to Kalangadoo (Spelling).

Offline F.B.R.T

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2006, 09:17:42 PM »
Heard that they might put a full time crew in K'doo!! :-D
The views I express are my own, and not necessarily of the service I represent!

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2006, 09:58:05 PM »
Were not in an MFS area Senior_ Firey70 but as i said in my pervious reply the pulp mill may have a emergency response team and if they do have one i'll be sure to get a job there maybe as part of their crew
Kalangadoo Brigade

Toast

« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2006, 03:23:04 PM »
...oh god... :|

anything