Author Topic: Independant Firefighters Union for the CFS  (Read 12975 times)

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Independant Firefighters Union for the CFS
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2006, 04:50:57 PM »
could get a new pair of gloves for that.... almost :P

Offline Scania_1

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2006, 05:05:20 PM »
The UFU like to go around and bag the CFS, without good reason. So dont praise them too much.

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2006, 05:08:30 PM »
I wasn't saying I liked what they do, I was saying that they have a lot of power to do what they do...
I don't blame them for bagging us though, we are the single greatest threat to the MFS...

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2006, 05:11:54 PM »
lmao

Offline pete

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2006, 06:51:02 PM »
Who said any thing about having the MFS Union involed with us,we create our own structured union,with brains from within

Toast

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2006, 09:19:23 PM »
hahah oh my thats a good one, haha ha ah ha.. oh my :(

Offline pete

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2006, 01:22:46 AM »
My glass anit far from full.

Offline Del

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2006, 10:17:51 AM »
How are you going to get a union to do anything for you if you don't pay them....Pay peanuts you get monkeys..... I believe that it's about $10 a week per firefighter to be a member of the UFU. And you are worried about $20 a year for a whole brigade. If your brigade is not a member of the VFBA i can't see how you can complain about what they don't do for you.
Del

ltdan

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2006, 12:14:28 AM »
Don't think we need a union and definetly not a VFBA.  Yes, we are a employee of the SACFS but the system, works quite fine as it is.  It does not need a union yet.  But maybe when the big almagation occurs between services in the year 2050.???.

Frag was good, but was only had an interest in one thing themself and no-one else. 

We are their to answer not to question.

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2006, 08:11:23 AM »
We are their to answer not to question.

That seems rather narrow minded

ltdan

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2006, 11:36:40 AM »
That seems rather narrow minded

No, its not, when you are asked to do something where ever in the chain of command you do it without question.  Questioning causes confusion, confusion causes kaos.  The agency needs to change its ways and ideas to the ways it was 10 -15 years ago with issues relating to chain of command (operational and adminstration.)  Adminstratively, I do agree that input from the volunteer is good, but sometimes it seems that it gets too aggressive and makes us look like we are calling the shots when we should not.  Operationally, we are all trying to do the same thing and remember their is only one OIC, therefore only one plan attack in any type of incident we attend.  When asked for your opinion in to do that plan, this is great and this shows great leadersdhip, but when we decide to do what we want and not follow the plan, problems occur, as I hope you would agree.

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2006, 12:43:35 PM »
I would agree that at an incident, unless there is a safety concern you do what your told.

The day to day running of a diverse service needs input from those doing the job. If that consultation does not occur then the head overtakes the feet (or vice versa) and you fall over..

Lets scale things to a large incident (the CFS)
lets look back a few years to catering at large fires.... If we were to leave it to the IC many of us may never have been fed..... you consider this good leadership????? the good leadership came from the OIC of the appliance listening to his crew and acting apon it, or many of us would have been forgotten!

ltdan

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2006, 02:34:30 PM »
If you are looking at large incidents the introduction of AIIMS repaired this, to a satisfactory requirement.  Catering has been an issue in the fire service for a very long time.  I agree it is better but we can improve.  Our catering was good a few years as well "sometimes" but of course we improved, and this is what you see now.  We learn from our mistakes.

I believe their is enough consultation and too many people are getting involved in this consultation which should not been involved, and in resutt is taking more time of the volunteer, and is now starting to be a "requirement" not an "option."

Personnel being parts of Working parties which have no idea do not help the service.  We are seeing more and more of this

You are right a good leader does listen to his crew and takes their opinion and then makes a decision. :-)

Offline pete

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2006, 08:20:21 PM »
The key word being TEAM WORK...

rescue5271

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2006, 08:22:01 PM »
Team work,well some people have forgotten what that means....

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2006, 08:11:42 AM »
The key word being TEAM WORK...

Exactly.....

Your right Bill... There are quite a few out therer who have forgotten. But they will remember, hopefully not to late, and lets not forget they might need a bit of hep along the way.