Author Topic: Fishing...  (Read 4985 times)

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Fishing...
« on: May 24, 2006, 09:20:16 AM »
any fisherman (or fisherwomen) amongst us out there?

i recently went lure fishing in a local creek and produced these two little guys, well not so little really (30cm and 45cm)...

was wondering if anyone had any 'secret' spots they wanted to share and what to expect there??? if ya tell me your spots  ill be happy to share where mine are.... mind you its only really practical for me to go fishing in region one sort of area.... although i would love a crack at some west coast spots... lol

Offline CaptCom

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Fishing...
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 09:37:50 AM »
Medevac,

We have MANY fishing spots on the West Coast, catch whiting, garfish, squid, tuna, kingfish etc..

BUT I'm certainly not going to divulge my spots on this site. :-D

If you ever come over, I'll take you fishing..

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 10:00:19 AM »
ill have to keep ya in mind and PM ya if i do make it over there some time... havent been across since my cousins used to live in Pt lincoln, but fishing used to be great around greenly beach/coles point... thats about as far west as we ever went...

squid at lincoln was always good

Offline mengcfs

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 10:19:55 AM »
Can't beat Coorong Mullet, just ask Andrew Lawson!! If anyone is ever near Meningie i'll take you out. My outlaws have a shack on the Coorong, we set a net (easy way) :-P and do some rod fishing and then motor across the Coorong to the beach, walk over the sand hills and do some surf fishing, finish at the beach, check the net on the way home then clean and cook all the fish to eat for lunch or tea. Nothing like eating fresh fish staight from the water. :-D

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 11:00:21 AM »
Come down to Goolwa Medevac you can catch a carp with me.. :lol: they have been catching a few callop down here lately which is always a good sign.

Seriously though i've got rellies who live at Smoky Bay near Ceduna and that is some good fishing over there...
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 11:25:25 AM »
ahhh good old carp... after my cousins left pt lincoln they moved to mannum, so used to pull a few out every now and then.... there were some bigguns in the shallows too...

i had a go in the murray mouth there at goolwa a while ago, but only managed one small whiting  :-(

strikeathird

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 01:03:28 PM »
HATE fishing !

Can't eat seafood... So ... That is partly the reason..

:mrgreen:

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 01:23:59 PM »
i had a go in the murray mouth there at goolwa a while ago, but only managed one small whiting  :-(

Does the Murray Mouth have any depth yet with the dredging ? I thought while the dredging was going on, that area was a bit useless.

But I would be interested in an update...
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 02:37:54 PM »
Murray mouth was excellent when I went down there at Christmas (Have they dredged any more since then?).  Most of the fish were too small, but as we were pulling them in every 2 minutes, it didn't take long to find bigger ones ;)

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 05:53:47 PM »
Off sugars beach (opposite the mouth) they're meant to be picking up a few small salmon and the odd school mulloway at the moment, but where the dredges have been its pretty deep. Where it's being dredged it's not in the mouth itself it's the inside of it.

For all those wondering the best time to fish the mouth and surrounding beaches for the bigguns is around jan-feb and sometimes into march, but other than that you can usually pick up smallish ones most of the year.
Lt. Goolwa CFS

probie_boy

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2006, 06:05:03 PM »
of the two fish i have EVER caught, both were at port broughton, and if i can catch one there...you all can too.

rescue5271

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006, 08:36:33 PM »
Best fishing I every did was with a police officer,loaded up his work car with fish from what came back to earth...Yep he was not into fishing rods but explosive's what a way to go fishing...Corrong mullet mmmmmmmmmmm Hey adam you guys must own me some :-o

anything