Author Topic: old equipment  (Read 4247 times)

rescue5271

old equipment
« on: June 11, 2006, 07:58:11 AM »
Have you ever wondered about the old or not so old equipment that is removed from brigade's who get a new appliances that is fully stowed???Some of this gear could be RCR,pumps,hoses,and other items,so what does CFS do with these?? And would it be better to reatin some if in good condition for state spare gear like RCR gear??? Or if a brigade would like to buy any as a second set could they not buy it???? Would be cheaper to buy this than look at raising funds to buy new gear,and where has the old gear gone to...Sitting on a floor in a shed somewhere near you.....

PF_

Re: old equipment
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 10:58:30 AM »
Maybe it goes with the truck to another brigade who dont have such quality equipment.  Do CFS hold "police auctions" (err CFS auctions) and sell equipment?

rescue5271

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 12:24:47 PM »
PF: wrong when a brigade gets a refurb appliances they get all new gear,would be nice if cfs did have a auction or better still let brigades place a bet on what is on offer...

PF_

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 02:51:38 PM »
Ok fair enough.  Maybe we should all go over to Euan's place and have a look in his back shed :-P

Has anyone asked if the brigade can keep the equipment?

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 04:29:26 PM »
When we got our new trucks the basic urban or rural kit had to go back even if the truck was being scrapped, because they said that they they use the equipment on refirb appliances????

If anyones got a good 2nd hand hydraulic reel for RCR gear let me know :-D
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2006, 05:18:27 PM »
Or even better the CFS could hold a Fire Service Convention every year where they have events and have stalls with old equipment for people to buy or make an offer for

I got this idea from a Amatuer Radio Convention i attended yesterday while in Mount Gambier it was held in the Scouts Hall and Amateur Radio operators from the South East & Western Victoria had stalls with radio equipment galore for people to buy or make an offer for

Needless to say that i walked away from that convention with a $35.00 HF reciever  :-D

Sorry if i have gone off topic but you know what im getting  :-)
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline Scania_1

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2006, 05:51:02 PM »
No re-furb appliances get kitted out out with the best of what comes back. They certainly do not get kitted out with all brand new stuff.

Offline Camo

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Compton CFS Website
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2006, 06:43:42 PM »
Just take what you need and say you lost it...hehehe
Compton CFS Website
http://www.compton.sacfs.org

rescue5271

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2006, 09:20:16 PM »
Sounds good to me camo,but where do we hide all the rescue gear???? Well the refurb appliances I have seen all have had new gear on it........

Offline Camo

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Compton CFS Website
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 02:23:25 AM »
Hide it behind a tree when you leave your next RCR and tell the nearest cop someone stole it..

hehe....make sure its the person you least like just incase they find out and lodge a false police report thingie.

Camo
Compton CFS Website

rescue5271

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2006, 12:01:27 PM »
mmmmmm,well thats a good one camo,but I think the cops would smell a rat.....

Offline Camo

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Compton CFS Website
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2006, 01:50:04 PM »
you must have smarter then the average bear cops up your way.
Compton CFS Website

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2006, 07:29:51 PM »
Old appliances are returned and refurbished only if they are not over the 20 years...and then reissued to brigades as an update on their old one with all stowage.

New appliances come with new stowage especially the 34's complete with the crap $20 axe etc,and only 2 x 64mm hoses...get real :-D
Images are copyright

anything