Technical Discussion > HAZMAT

HAZMAT Initial Response Guide New Release

(1/3) > >>

Firefrog:
HB 76-2004 : Dangerous goods - Initial emergency response guide has been released August 2004. Previous version was 1997.

Provides emergency response information for dealing with accidents, spills, leaks or fires involving dangerous goods. Information on hazards, protective clothing and emergency procedures is given. This Handbook may be used with the transport or storage of dangerous goods as listed in the 6th edition of the ADG Code and the 13th edition of the UN ‘Orange book’. The lists of UN Numbers and Shipping names correspond with those in the aforementioned documents, and are referenced to the appropriate emergency response guides.

kat:
So does anybody know if CFS Brigades have had these distributed? We received one per appliance when the last one was released but I haven't seen this update yet.  :roll: I've seen plenty of the old old ones in appliances (pre 1997).

Firefrog:
HI Kat! - Welcome to the forum.

I have spoken to Wayne Atkins (Senior State Training Officer CFS) he assured me that CFS has ordered them. Don't know anything about delivery time but if we hear anything we will post an update.

Firefrog:
I understand that the guides are being distributed now. Has anyone had theirs arrive?

kat:
Yes ours arrived last week. Looks like one per Brigade rather than one per appliance. It's usurped it's predecessor in the yellow pocket!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version