Poll

Should CFS corporate let CFS volunteers use the Star on Brigade clothing?

Yes - without restriction
No
Yes - with restrictions

Author Topic: CFS Star  (Read 34588 times)

Offline firetruck

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: CFS Star
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2006, 10:31:24 PM »
i personally don't mind the taxi logo, however i fail to see anything wrong with the star. shouldn't we go under the old saying "why fix something thats not broken?"
"East side love is living on the West end"

proud inventor of the nickname "manny","manny the man whore" and "mandogga"

rescue5271

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2006, 06:33:21 AM »
have you had a look at the CFA logo??? many members raised the same issues when they went over to the corporate logo funny it also looks like a taxi logo...........

Offline blackout

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2006, 01:10:15 PM »
IT IS OUR STAR AND THEIR CORPORATE LOGO WE DID NOT ASK FOR THE LOGO WE WERE TOLD (NO CONSULTATION).

WE WANT IT BACK AND STICK THE LOGO WHERE IT FITS ON STAFF CARS. GIVE IT TO THE GREEN PEOPLE!

THIS IS MY FIRST POST AFTER BEING A LONG TIME READER AND IT TOOK THIS TO MAKE ME DO IT. THIS IS HOW STRONGLY I FEEL.

MY BRIGADE PRINTS THEIR OWN T-SHIRTS WITH STAR TO SUIT OURSELVES!

I CAN UNDERSTAND HAVING A CONSISTANT COLOUR CODE BUT OTHER THAN THAT LEAVE US ALONE.

MAYBE OLD FARTS LIKE RC3 WHO WAS INVOLVED IN THE UNIFORM COMMITTEE AND THE LIKE HAVE LOST FOCUS WITH THE REAL WORLD AND WHAT PEOPLE WANT.

TO ALL LET US HAVE A SECOND VOTE TO RECLAIM THE STAR AND PUSH THE LOGO TO THE STAFFIES.

OVER TO YOU FOR YOUR SAY LETS KEEP TRADITION ALIVE. :-D
STAND TALL STAND TOGETHER AS ONE VOICE

rescue5271

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2006, 03:40:59 PM »
Well said blackout :-)

Offline The Assistant

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2006, 05:57:42 PM »
:xNot disagreeing that the star is far better than the taxi logo but we have had this arguement before, All of my t shirts bar the ones I have bought recently have the star. But the logo did go out for consultation but no one else entered the comp. so obviously with only one entry the winner was obvious. I disagree with the process and the money that has been spent rebadging uniforms, trucks and PPE, i was asked to put the corporate logo on my helmet and I refused and wear the star with pride. Each point of that star means something special and has for a long time. I "wink" "wink" "nudge" "nudge" am still getting the star stickers from a source. :evil:
"Don't Double Dip the Spoon"

Offline firetruck

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2006, 07:57:04 PM »
I "wink" "wink" "nudge" "nudge" am still getting the star stickers from a source. :evil:

you mean you WERE! not any more, no no time recently at all! :wink: :-D
"East side love is living on the West end"

proud inventor of the nickname "manny","manny the man whore" and "mandogga"

Offline The Assistant

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2006, 08:30:01 PM »
Don't know what you mean firetruck I can still get them if I want them :-P

rescue5271

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2006, 08:33:41 PM »
Yep " let you fingers do the walking"

Offline fire03rescue

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2006, 09:04:20 AM »
rescue5271 try and get them to change your avatars, to meet company policy
a million ways to get the star

ltdan

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2006, 11:27:47 AM »
Blackout:  IT IS OUR STAR AND THEIR CORPORATE LOGO WE DID NOT ASK FOR THE LOGO WE WERE TOLD (NO CONSULTATION).

This is not true their was consultation and their was time for volunteers to design the new corporate LOGO.  As the LOGO we have now was the only put forward and was created by a volunteer, what else did you want them to do.  I remember the consultation period was almost 8 months if I remember correctly.

I have thoughts about the Logo, but overtime I have had to get use to it like everyone else.  The Logo is not changing, the only time it will change is when amalgamation occurs.

Your thoughts are valid and you can see that you are proud in what you do when you work with the star, but you are still doing the same job with the logo.

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2006, 08:22:28 AM »
I can ganuntee our group didnt hear about any consultation period.

Besides...

If you only get 1 entry for a competition about changing a logo.... then that might be a good indicator about that people dont want it changed perhaps!

Reserve my other opinions for the moment....

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2006, 10:12:20 AM »
In the early days of the logo - We had an assurance the logo was for use only on letter heads and the like. Then some time goes by and an instruction comes out to replace the star on all appliances.
Some more time goes by and now by stealth the star is in danger of being pushed aside. Technically a brigade cannot use the star on station/casual clothes, websites, etc.. etc...Infact I am not supposed to have the star shown on this site.

This is important to those volunteers who value the star & it's history and meaning. Volunteering is more than just doing the work, it's more about belonging and community and friendship.

If the star helps with that, why would the service try to get rid of it??????

rescue5271

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2006, 04:51:23 PM »
bring it up with the VFBA and see what they have to say.

Offline The Assistant

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2006, 07:05:17 PM »
No offence to anybody but do we really need another working party headed by the VFBA, Maybe it would be better to start a petition on here and I am sure someone will make the Chief Officer aware of it. I really think that it coming from the members and not the VFBA would be a better way...

Saying that though I think the CFS has already made up its mind on this issue

PF_

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2006, 07:25:51 PM »
Why was the star not allowed?

(thats not worded too well but you know what I mean)

rescue5271

« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2006, 08:35:21 PM »
Sounds good to me,anyway does anyone ever do anything on those working partys????

PF_

« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2006, 11:15:05 AM »
The taxi logo was created to make the CFS look more like a fire service.

How does the "taxi logo" make us look more like a fire service when the star is an international fire service symbol?

Toast

« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2006, 03:07:23 PM »
I think you'll find that most fire departments out there around the world use either the star or a coat of arms. Nothing as crap and simple looking as the taxi logo.

PF_

« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2006, 03:32:43 PM »
Ive only been in CFS since October and prefer the star even though Im a "new generation"

Manuel

« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2006, 03:44:04 PM »
i am not saying that everyone new will like it, but i am saying as time goes on people will just accept that the star is the historical one. and sorry guys, i dont think it will change back, but maybe in a few years you can get another new one. i am open to that if peoples opinions change about it. but at least it is moe intresting than the CFA

Offline E-ONE

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2006, 09:58:16 PM »
Manuel, try and tell me and the 276 other members on here what the taxi logo means to you and then we will tell you what the star means to us...

Have any brigades adopted there own "Brigade" arms. My brigade has and it has meaning, something for us too be proud of and too represent. we wont obviously put it on trucks or duty tee shirts but alot of brigade casual wear has our arms on it.

PS. The MFB dont exactly appreciate there corporate logo

Manuel

« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2006, 10:04:52 PM »
I know the star stands for more to people, and it still can. the taxi means the same to me as the M for  maccers, but I just have an opinion that the star should be kept as something special from the past. I know i will not change anyones mind about it because it is a very personal issue. All I have to say to those still liking it, it will not change so more on and remember the good times from the past.

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2006, 10:08:24 PM »
This debate should not become about which logo is better to the individual, it should be about the choice of the people who provide the service using the insignia/logo they deem to be right.

This is not about the logo it's about a lack of consultation and the attitude of corporate towards volunteers. If they employ you they can tell you what to wear. When you volunteer for your community you should be entitled to atleast have your case heard.

Manuel

« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2006, 10:12:34 PM »
good point, I am unsure of how it came around (taxi logo), and i think i will back out of this debate because i am largly outnumbered, but the CFS is not really a democracy there is a chain of command, and we get orders.

Toast

« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2006, 12:40:59 AM »
The Taxi logo was adopted after a competition. Rumour has it that there was a single entry.

anything