Author Topic: CAD MEETINGS  (Read 11457 times)

rescue5271

CAD MEETINGS
« on: June 30, 2006, 06:16:22 AM »
So whats the go with all these cad meetings taking place in region 2 and 3??? is it going ahead or are they just coming into groups and doing the pre planning for it to come on line...

Offline 24P

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: CAD MEETINGS
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 06:22:42 AM »
Might be just info nights? Someone else might have some more info. Either way they will probably never get the data base right.
Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you.

rescue5271

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 06:28:02 AM »
well I can tell you from my CFA days it took a lot of meetings to get the data right and it did not happen over night.....

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 07:52:52 AM »
I believe the meetings are to enable pre planning for the system.... lots of work to do.... may as well start now!

Offline Gary

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 12:59:58 PM »
THE SACAD PROJECT:

SACAD Info sessions are currently occuring in Regions 1 and 2. Other Regions will follow shortly.

The transition of all CFS brigades to a centralized 000 Call Receipt and Dispatch (CRD) will occur over the next 2 years as the major part of the SACAD project.

Each brigade will need to define its brigade response area and determine it resources depending on incident type.

Before any changes take place, the transition team (involving CFS staff, a SACAD Project Officer and a GIS expert) will visit groups to establish brigade response areas, verify street data and ask any questions in involved with the transition meetings.

As part of the transition process the only response number that will now appear on fire stations, fire trucks, newsletters, telephone directories, websites and any publications is 000. 

A Service Level Agreement (SLA) will be established with the Metropolitan Fire Service (MFS) for the management of CRD for CFS brigades. This agreement will soon be available to volunteers for comment.
The transition plan to 000 has been finalized and will impact on all CFS brigades and groups across the State.

In relation to the transition.
The first brigades to make the transition are from Regions 1 and 2, with the change to occur in the next 2 years.
Brigades who are currently dispatched through the MFS communications centre will also be need to redefine their response areas by using

"The right response, at the right location, at the right time to deal with the incident in the right way"

The State Operations Call Centre (formally SOC) will still operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week and will continue to communicate with brigades as they do now. The ALERTS will remain albeit in an altered configuration.

I will keep informing everyone via the Volunteer.

If you need any further information please call me at CFS HQ 08 8463 4200

Gary Bau

CFS Communications Coordinator

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 01:22:51 PM »
Thanks Gary. Always good to hear the info from the source. :)

rescue5271

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006, 03:39:08 PM »
Sounds good

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2006, 03:53:00 PM »
so does this mean the end of locals being involved in call taking? What happens when people dial 000 and say bobs place near the old well is on fire? The operator says "what road is that" he says "you know bobs place I don't think that track has a name", "sorry sir I am in an office in Adelaide can you please describe the road.............." :lol:

But if locals take the call "oh yeah bobs place that's up the hill near margarets dairy " "yeah yeah that's the place", "ok we will be there soon".... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rescue5271

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2006, 03:56:52 PM »
Say good bye to local firelines will all go to the MFS,I still would have liked to have seen a independent call taking centre like VICFIRE............

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2006, 04:11:22 PM »
Say good bye to local firelines will all go to the MFS,I still would have liked to have seen a independent call taking centre like VICFIRE............

I think it is still early days on that one...

I believe the problem with Vic is that it is commercial outsource, so the agreement had to be very tight.

Currently I work for an outsourcer. I believe the risk would be that the CAD operator is more interested in finalising the call and meeting the dispatch time SLA, rather than finding out quality information.

If I am wrong, please correct me so I can update my knowledge. :roll:
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

rescue5271

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2006, 05:09:16 PM »
All Vic cad operators are employed by the emergency's services commission...

Offline Crankster 34

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2006, 06:22:43 PM »
Yes no more Volunteers hassling callers and constantly cutting over the top of each other, finally a professional call taking facility with the ability to dispatch multiple services at once.

Come on people - get out of the dark ages, no one else in Australia uses local vollies to take 000 calls anymore. The new CAD system will give call takers a map showing exactly where the caller is located (fixed line) or a pretty close idea with a mobile.

The Ambos went through the same kafuffle when they closed their Country call taking centres a few years ago but they seemed to have survived.

We have to move on into the 21st Century and get away from this outdated practice of unqualified operaters taking 000 calls.
Crankster on scene, you can take a stop...

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2006, 06:40:06 PM »
Of course this is the way to go! My post above was a little TIC... :lol: :lol: :lol:

rescue5271

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2006, 08:19:08 PM »
I hope you mean by unqualified 000 takers you mean telstra/telecom?? As the local members who have manned these phones for years have done a great job and in some cases before ERS7 came along made sure someone was home to take the call...But yes it is time to move on into the age of CAD I am all for it as it works well...

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2006, 11:23:20 PM »
I worked at Marree for a short time and the local ERS7 phone was located in  the hallway of the local pub with a sign above it saying instructions in case a tourist picked it up. :-o :lol: it was pretty eye opening to see that.
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2006, 10:49:02 AM »
I remember a time when the local council office had a fire phone pre ERS7 - excellent call taking! They would press that button and hang on the phone till someone picked up at the station, ah the memories..... :-D

rescue5271

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2006, 08:32:42 AM »
As most of you know I am a fully supporter of the CAD system but I would hope that along the way that there will be time for some public consultation into what is going to happen. The public need to be involved and need to know that all emergency calls will be handled out of a call taking centre in Adelaide. There will also have to be a media campain on radio and TV and that all information be passed onto the public......But above all all brigade's/group's need to sit down and work out,who's area,street names and nick names so as to be put into the data system.....

Offline mengcfs

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2006, 10:28:01 AM »
I remember a time when the local council office had a fire phone pre ERS7 - excellent call taking! They would press that button and hang on the phone till someone picked up at the station, ah the memories..... :-D

Maybe in your area...Our Council was hopeless!!

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2008, 01:29:09 AM »
THE SACAD PROJECT:

In relation to the transition.
The first brigades to make the transition are from Regions 1 and 2, with the change to occur in the next 2 years.
Brigades who are currently dispatched through the MFS communications centre will also be need to redefine their response areas by using

"The right response, at the right location, at the right time to deal with the incident in the right way"

Well, I guess we atleast got the whole 000 only thing kinda sorta working after two years...
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2008, 09:36:35 AM »
SACAD was slated a year or two ago to be operational ehh this year?

The State Operations Call Centre (formally SOC) will still operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week and will continue to communicate with brigades as they do now. The ALERTS will remain albeit in an altered configuration.

:cry:

Offline jaff

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2008, 10:09:08 AM »
"One of these things is not like the other, one of these things is not the same"
Can you pick which one it is?.

Sasquatch     Bigfoot     SACAD      Yeti      Bunyip

Thats right, it was a trick question they are all hoaxs, none of these things has any real evidence to backup its legend. :lol:
Just Another Filtered Fireman

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2008, 11:22:09 AM »
Our group had another meeting about this a couple of months ago now.... A meeting relating to response areas. Similar to one we were invited to quite some time ago for a neighbouring group.....

The only thing we really got out of it was that there had been no real progression. The maps hadn't even been updated from the previous meeting (some 1 year(ish) before).

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2008, 11:40:43 AM »
I smell Lemons. Tis a pity.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 11:43:26 AM by Zippy »

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2008, 01:25:16 PM »
Too bad we cant go back to the old fire phone system where the brigade's alerts number is called and any one of the brigade's allocated fire phones would ring and the vollie who answered it would take down the info and press a button setting the station siren off

:roll: memories :roll:
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline Gungellan34

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2008, 01:57:43 PM »
Too bad we cant go back to the old fire phone system where the brigade's alerts number is called and any one of the brigade's allocated fire phones would ring and the vollie who answered it would take down the info and press a button setting the station siren off

:roll: memories :roll:

Yep, the good ol days where the Firephone could be diverted to the Kalangadoo Pub and get a bar load of people to a call instead of 2! :-D
Just my opinion, but I'd like to hear yours!

anything