Poll

Please Indicate If You Are Thinking About Attending

Yes I Am Attending
9 (56.3%)
No I Am Not Attending
7 (43.8%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: 2006 Royal Adelaide Show ‘CFS Fifteen Minutes of Flame’ - Expression of Interest  (Read 15456 times)

Offline CyberCitizen

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Fire Fighter
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/cfsfirey
2006 Royal Adelaide Show ‘CFS Fifteen Minutes of Flame’ Expression of Interest

It’s show time! The SA County Fire Service (CFS) has had a longstanding involvement with the Royal Adelaide Show held annually at the Wayville Showgrounds. Following last year’s success with the inaugural ‘Fifteen Minutes of Flame’, the CFS has once again been invited by the Royal Adelaide Show Executive to participate in the 2006 Main Arena entertainment program.

The CFS has agreed to put on a nightly presentation from Friday 1 to Saturday 9 September. For nine consecutive nights the CFS will entertain and educate a crowd of around 8 000 people for 15 minutes every night. By the end of the show, approximately 80 000 people will have seen the CFS ‘perform’ in the main arena. For this reason CFS Public Affairs has chosen to put all their resources into the production and management of this main arena presentation and will not be hosting a fixed display site in 2006. Having a fixed site in the past has served the CFS well and will continue to do so in future years.

Volunteers have always been an integral part of the success of CFS involvement at the Royal Adelaide Show. Expressions of interest are now being sought from CFS volunteers who are keen to participate in this exciting opportunity in 2006. The presentation - titled the ‘CFS Fifteen Minutes of Flame’ - is an energetic, professional showcase of entertainment aimed at promoting the CFS as a modern, highly sophisticated organisation.

Volunteers are sought to fill positions ranging from operations, communications to staging and ground support. CFS personnel must meet the following requirements in order to be considered for the presentation:

· Be a suitably qualified firefighter with competencies ranging from Basic Firefighting Level 1 through to advanced firefighting techniques such as flammable liquids and road crash rescue

· Be available for the proposed rehearsals on 19/26/29/31 August and three or more of the nine nights from 6pm-9pm Friday 1 September to Saturday 9 September 2006

· Be able to meet CFS personnel physical and psychological guidelines and adhere to the CFS Code of Conduct
· Have clean personal protective equipment
· Have transportation to and from the Wayville Showground

To register, send your ‘expression of interest’ to CFS Public Affairs:
Email: [email protected]
Fax: (08) 8463 4234

Your expression of interest must include the following details:
· Name and return contact details (including phone number, email and postal address)
· CFS Brigade/Office
· Number of years as a CFS volunteer/staff member
· List any CFS courses you’ve completed that are currently valid
· Advise of time available: Royal Show Main Arena 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 September and Rehearsals 19/26/29/31 August

Expressions of interest must be submitted by 5pm Monday 7 August 2006. While positions are limited every effort will be made to include as many volunteers as possible. Due to rising fuel costs, the use of CFS Group vehicles for transportation to the show from outer rural areas is encouraged. Notification will occur by return mail so don’t forget to include your contact details in your expression of interest.

For more information contact Brenton Ragless from CFS Public Affairs on (08) 8463 4213.

Source: South Australian Country Fire Service Promotions Unit

Added Poll To Find Out How Many People Are Interested In Attending From The Forums.  Please Note This Does Not Register You To Attend You Must Apply As Per Information Provided Above.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 03:50:57 PM by CyberCitizen »

PF_

I am doing this, who else here is going in it?

Manuel

Yea i am on the organization committee for it, and its going to be great this year 8-) I look foward to seeing people there

Offline CyberCitizen

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Fire Fighter
    • View Profile
Yeah I Will Be A Part Of It Again.

Offline LFB06

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
any hints on what is happening?? I hear they have scrapped the hazmat :wink:

Manuel

why do people not like a surprise? :-D :-D :-D

Toast

As long as they don't nearly kill anyone this year.

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I thought that's what made it fun last year Toast.. :?

:P

Offline firefighter_sa

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile

Hi there

I am also involved - they are using my old fire truck (Land Rover)

Wayne
Wayne Ellard

Offline CyberCitizen

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Fire Fighter
    • View Profile
Who Did They Nearly Kill Last Year???

Rag's Driving In The Teritory Was Good When It Was Muddy And He Nearly Had It Sidewards.

I Know Whats Happening But I Cant Say As Its A Supprise As Manual Has Said.  *Hint* Check Your Don Times Though.

Offline firetruck

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Who Did They Nearly Kill Last Year???

some dude with the hazmat stuff. ran low on air or somthing, half fell on toast. its been mentioned somwhere else here before.
"East side love is living on the West end"

proud inventor of the nickname "manny","manny the man whore" and "mandogga"

Offline CyberCitizen

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Fire Fighter
    • View Profile
some dude with the hazmat stuff. ran low on air or somthing, half fell on toast. its been mentioned somwhere else here before.

They Weren't Running Cyclinders, They Were Just The Suits With The Side Zip Left Open For Air, Unless He Did It Up All The Way It Shouldn't Have Happened.  I Was There All Nights & Didn't Hear Anything About It.

Toast

Yeah, he just copped a bit of the heat and small space of the suit. Don't think he'd worn any Hazmat gear previously. It was a bit dissapointing that they didnt let anyone don last year.

rescue5271

I wanted to go but with family and work this year no,but may be next year..I only hope they do another good DVD and may be rags could run the clown over.....

Manuel

yea there will be a DVD for people to watch who missed out... i might even make it :wink:, and i know rescue754934607546890754 that you liked my other video :-o,

it would be good however for all those that can, come down one night and have a look at it live, it does not cost that much to get into the show!

Offline Jono

• View Profile
Are they still looking for volleys? Or is it too late?
Jono
Snr 2
Seaford CFS (Mawson Group)

BLEVE

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
To be honest i could have done it last year but didnt know i was gonna be asked to attend an ETSA aptitude test in Adelaide on the very same day  :wink:
Kalangadoo Brigade

PF_

send them an email or ring up Jono.

What about this year Rob

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
The first rehearsal is on the 26th August at the Show Grounds - so people who are prepared to come along for several (or all) nights of the Show, can come along....

For more info about it all, contact Brenton Ragless at CFS HQ

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline CyberCitizen

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Fire Fighter
    • View Profile
Are they still looking for volleys? Or is it too late?

Just Give Rag's A Call I MSN Ya His Number.  Otherwise Come Down On The Sat, A Mate Missed Out Of Registering I Just Called Rag's & He Was Like Yeah Give Him The Rehersal Date & Get Him To Come Down, They Can Give Ya The Rest Of The Info Then, Otherwise MSN Me And I Can Forward On The Second Email.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 02:09:36 PM by CyberCitizen »

Manuel

first night went really well,

good work everyone it looked great from where i was :-)

Offline Fire_Rescue96

• View Profile
Yes will have to agree it did look alright from what i could see. (which wasnt really much from smokey!!) but yeah did look alright much better than any of the rehearsals.

Yes well done to all
When I am called to duty, God wherever flames may rage, Give me strength to save a life, whatever be its age.

Offline firetruck

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
what did the 15 minutes involve?
"East side love is living on the West end"

proud inventor of the nickname "manny","manny the man whore" and "mandogga"

Manuel

wait for the DVD to come out, i might make a little video of my own which i will post after one week of photography and filming.  :wink: