Author Topic: Fire Fighters in Adelaide  (Read 2683 times)

Offline Paul Redman

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
Fire Fighters in Adelaide
« on: July 26, 2006, 10:36:53 PM »
Hi guys (I guess most of you are guys), I wonder if you can help me, I am actually posting on behalf of my husband (who is too embarrased, and men never ask for help do they!!!!). We are currently processing an emigration application from the UK and have no idea as to how to start looking for jobs for him within the fire brigade. He has 15 years service and would love to join the brigade in Australia (should we be successful), we just don't know where to start.

Can you help us at all?
Any help appreciated.

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Fighters in Adelaide
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 11:17:27 PM »
SAMFS (The Adelaide paid fire service) isn't recruiting at the moment (See the SAMFS website) however some interstate Fire services are recruiting now.  The Melbourne Fire Brigade is now recruiting (They are the Metro Fire service in Victoria). Victoria also has paid positions in the Country Fire authority, but they aren't recruiting now either. Same with the NSW Fire brigades.
Other Australian paid fire services include:
NT Fire and Rescue
Queensland fire and rescue service
Tasmania fire service.
Fire and emergency services authority of WA
Generally in Australia (I imagine its the same in the UK) career fire fighters have to go through rigorous physical and aptitude testing in order to be hired.  Its not easy to get in, so good luck with it!
:D

Offline firetruck

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 10:06:27 AM »
if you don't like getting paid for sweating away hours at fires and getting woken up at 3am for car accidents caused by idiots, you can always come and enjoy the joys that is the CFS, gee, the rest of us schmucks did!

kidding, its good fun.
"East side love is living on the West end"

proud inventor of the nickname "manny","manny the man whore" and "mandogga"

Manuel

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 04:19:45 PM »
Come and experience the real Australian fire fighting experience in the CFS, fighting bushfires :wink:, you don't usually get to do that in paid services

anything