Author Topic: 'Type 2' Pumpers  (Read 37634 times)

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 'Type 2' Pumpers
« Reply #100 on: November 17, 2006, 09:14:07 AM »
The current type 2's built in SA?   When did SEM move back to SA?   :|

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline TillerMan

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 17, 2006, 10:41:40 AM »
Yeah the problem isn't where they are built it is who designs them, cfs need to design the truck with the help of the brigades that would get one and then tell the manufacturers what to build instead of just picking one out of a book that might do what we want.

Re cost of type 2 as discussed before they are around the $300,000 mark depending on stowage.

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 17, 2006, 02:44:44 PM »
there is nothing wrong with the design of the type two pumper its just that people dont understand its a URBAN PUMPER not a rural/urban appliances......
blinky bill
my view only

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 19, 2006, 07:54:53 PM »
The current type 2's built in SA?   When did SEM move back to SA?   undecided

Pip

My bad, I was thinking of the 34s and thinking they were built at Moores  :oops:

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 19, 2006, 08:57:47 PM »
The current type 2's built in SA?   When did SEM move back to SA?   :|

Pip

SEM are based in Ballarat and that is where Murray Bridges new Type 2 was built recently :-)
Images are copyright

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 11, 2006, 11:23:23 PM »
and Happy Valley's delivered and on the run from tonight :wink:
Images are copyright

Offline Crankster 34

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 13, 2006, 08:38:41 AM »
And now it's off the run   :cry:
Crankster on scene, you can take a stop...

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 15, 2006, 12:19:05 AM »
And now it's off the run   :cry:

Not any more problem solvered and it had its first run to a going house fire last night :-D
Images are copyright

Offline car31

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 19, 2007, 11:10:43 AM »
Does anyone know if there will be any new type 2 pumpers over the next 12 months or do you think they may be trying to use 34P's instead?

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 19, 2007, 11:27:51 AM »
Does anyone know if there will be any new type 2 pumpers over the next 12 months or do you think they may be trying to use 34P's instead?

I believe all the contracts this year were for 34's, 34P's and QAV's, so I doubt they'll be any new pumpers coming...

rescue5271

« Reply #110 on: October 19, 2007, 01:33:38 PM »
It will come down to MONEY and what a brigade needs if any more type two pumpers are to be built,I for one would like to see a few more of these they are well worth the money and are a great unit...Just have to sell it too some brigade's who want their own home made unit......

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 19, 2007, 03:32:30 PM »
It will come down to MONEY and what a brigade needs if any more type two pumpers are to be built,I for one would like to see a few more of these they are well worth the money and are a great unit...Just have to sell it too some brigade's who want their own home made unit......

If it met the needs for those brigades areas risks, then yes it would be fine. OH&S and BA issues are the problems with he Type 2's for the busier brigades.
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

rescue5271

« Reply #112 on: October 20, 2007, 06:28:57 AM »
So what are the OHSW and CABA issues?????  The design and lay out of the type 2 has been around for many years people keep saying the busy brigade's have issues with these??? Well why is it that CFS brigades are the only ones with the issue?? NSWFB don't have issues CFA don't have issue's....With the Penola pulp mill going ahead i can see a need to have a type two pumper at penola as the currant 24p will not be able to do the job of boosting to the hydrant and sprinkler system .

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 20, 2007, 11:18:09 AM »
So what are the OHSW and CABA issues?????  The design and lay out of the type 2 has been around for many years people keep saying the busy brigade's have issues with these??? Well why is it that CFS brigades are the only ones with the issue?? NSWFB don't have issues CFA don't have issue's....With the Penola pulp mill going ahead i can see a need to have a type two pumper at penola as the currant 24p will not be able to do the job of boosting to the hydrant and sprinkler system .
The NSWFB has no issue with putting Type 2 pumpers in its retained stations, but you will never find them in their permanent stations.

Its good to note though that the CFA also use Aerials and other applicable appliances when the CFS will not even consider the idea.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 01:00:02 PM by 6793264 »
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline firehawk

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 22, 2007, 12:03:30 PM »

Home made unit's like naracoorte rescue and pumper?  :wink:

rescue5271

« Reply #115 on: October 22, 2007, 03:31:10 PM »
Naracoorte pumper was made by Moore, and our rescue was made by SEM(VIC) pumper has had its problem and you have to remember this was the first and last pumper that Moore wanted to make.....

Would like to know what the union says is wrong with the type 2 pumpers or is that a union secrete

anything