Author Topic: 'Type 2' Pumpers  (Read 37394 times)

PF_

Re: 'Type 2' Pumpers
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2006, 07:53:22 AM »
Why Morphett Vale, Salisbury need one before they do.

Seriously salisbury need a proper pumper as a lot of their response area is urban and a pumper will aid them with their constant work with the MFS and the fact they go to a lot of structure fires. 

Seems almost a given that Murray Bridge is gonna get the other one apparently.

Manuel

« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2006, 08:50:42 AM »
I think TTG will  be way up on the list for a new pumper, firstly they don't have one, and instead they have battlestar galaticia.

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2006, 10:00:53 AM »
They've got their little canter one don't know what the pumping capacity is on it though.

One brigade that isn't that busy but should have a 34P or Type 2 would have to be Ceduna they've got some seriously big risks in that town and sometimes trigger happy locals :wink:
Lt. Goolwa CFS

probie_boy

« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2006, 11:25:26 AM »
Why Morphett Vale, Salisbury need one before they do.

Seriously salisbury need a proper pumper as a lot of their response area is urban and a pumper will aid them with their constant work with the MFS and the fact they go to a lot of structure fires. 

Seems almost a given that Murray Bridge is gonna get the other one apparently.

na, the morph need one. their 24p can't do it all.

i vote a)murray bridge b)the morph c)burnside d)salisbury

Offline 24P

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2006, 11:45:42 AM »
at least morphett vale dont have to carry rcr gear on theirs.
Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you.

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2006, 06:35:06 PM »
the rumour i heard was Murray Bridge and Burnside...

i dont see why morphett vale would be so lucky, although i do believe they are worthy....

mattB and Skirkmoe might know....

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2006, 06:52:16 PM »
Isn't the problem that CFS pumpers need to be able to atttend bushfires as well? If they didnt why not get new Scanias since they are a tried and true applience and we already have the mantaince facilities in SA.

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2006, 06:55:56 PM »
because scanias cost twice as much (at least...)

CFS pumpers attend grassies mainly for asset protection if anything... same as MFS appliances, saw more than a few of those at Mt Osmond

Offline 24P

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2006, 07:26:37 PM »
the rumour i heard was Murray Bridge and Burnside...

Makes you wonder why Burnside. No real area to speak of. Places like Morphett Vale, Salisbury etc have far more risks in the respective areas.
(And you cant use "cause they back up the MFS" so do the above mentioned brigades on a regular basis)
Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you.

PF_

« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2006, 07:32:22 PM »
oh well, got the argument in for Salisbury first.

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2006, 10:57:00 AM »
Makes you wonder why Burnside. No real area to speak of. Places like Morphett Vale, Salisbury etc have far more risks in the respective areas.

A little bit of info about the Morphett Vale primary response area.

Some of the risks we look after are.

The BRL Hardy's bottling plant, this is an A class risk and one of the biggest bottling plants in Australia (over 20,000 litres of stored spirits on site)

Seven schools, including a few three story buildings

Three large nursing homes, including one with a lift

Two Shopping Centres

A number of factories in the Hackham industrial area, as well as two Mushroom farms

Over 20,000 residents

Current developments include a couple of hundred houses in three new estates, a couple more three story buildings in one of our schools and a new 110 bed three story aged care facility ($14,000,000 project).

We regularly respond into Happy Valley and Seaford CFS areas (including the new 21,500 sq meter shopping center at Seaford), and are automatic response to jobs at Colonades, Port Stanvac Oil Refinery and any factories at Lonsdale. We also basically become the second truck for Christie Downs MFS when one of their pumps is out.

Our area consists of about a dozen premises with boosters, including a six headed one.

It would be nice to be able to provide boosting capabilities with our own appliance but as we have found out in the past the 24P just isn't up to it. Something with at least a 750 Gpm pump is definitely needed, whether it is two wheel drive or four drive is still up for debate. A type 2 would be nice but we have to remember that we still have some significant rural risks, including the Onkaparinga Gorge (A Class).

For info in the last financial year we responded to 301 incidents, out of those 179 (60 %) were Urban, 68 (23 %) were other (MVA's, Hazmat, Rescues etc) and 53 (17 %) were rural.

Last year was slightly quieter than previous years with the number of rural jobs in summer down a bit. Interestingly this financial year we have already done 106 jobs, if we keep going at this rate we will be on track to respond to 425 this year.

probie_boy

« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2006, 12:59:15 PM »

A little bit of info about the Morphett Vale primary response area.

Some of the risks we look after are.

The BRL Hardy's bottling plant, this is an A class risk and one of the biggest bottling plants in Australia (over 20,000 litres of stored spirits on site)

Seven schools, including a few three story buildings

Three large nursing homes, including one with a lift

Two Shopping Centres

A number of factories in the Hackham industrial area, as well as two Mushroom farms

Over 20,000 residents

Current developments include a couple of hundred houses in three new estates, a couple more three story buildings in one of our schools and a new 110 bed three story aged care facility ($14,000,000 project).

We regularly respond into Happy Valley and Seaford CFS areas (including the new 21,500 sq meter shopping center at Seaford), and are automatic response to jobs at Colonades, Port Stanvac Oil Refinery and any factories at Lonsdale. We also basically become the second truck for Christie Downs MFS when one of their pumps is out.

Our area consists of about a dozen premises with boosters, including a six headed one.

It would be nice to be able to provide boosting capabilities with our own appliance but as we have found out in the past the 24P just isn't up to it. Something with at least a 750 Gpm pump is definitely needed, whether it is two wheel drive or four drive is still up for debate. A type 2 would be nice but we have to remember that we still have some significant rural risks, including the Onkaparinga Gorge (A Class).

For info in the last financial year we responded to 301 incidents, out of those 179 (60 %) were Urban, 68 (23 %) were other (MVA's, Hazmat, Rescues etc) and 53 (17 %) were rural.

Last year was slightly quieter than previous years with the number of rural jobs in summer down a bit. Interestingly this financial year we have already done 106 jobs, if we keep going at this rate we will be on track to respond to 425 this year.

I think they need one.

Manuel

« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2006, 05:25:28 PM »
very well said mattb, have you sent something to group or region along similar lines... you advocate it well.

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2006, 06:00:42 PM »
very well said mattb, have you sent something to group or region along similar lines... you advocate it well.

Discussions are currently underway with Region.

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2006, 06:39:36 PM »
How many of thos jobs were fixed alarms? and False alarms?

rescue5271

« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2006, 08:24:58 PM »
Ok,I have pulled the names out of the hat and the winners are........................cant say...

PF_

« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2006, 08:55:43 PM »
Salisbury need one.

Maybe they should take Hahndorfs back and then MV and Salisbury can both have one.

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2006, 09:15:47 PM »
How many of thos jobs were fixed alarms? and False alarms?

doesnt matter really does it?

but per the promotions site; 36 Fixed alarms and 35 private alarms

www.fire-brigade.asn.au   

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2006, 09:48:43 PM »
I guess not.

Offline TillerMan

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2006, 12:42:57 PM »
For info MFS pay $380,000 for a scania pumper unstowed and CFS pay around $300,000 for a type 2 unstowed so it's not really that much difference when you look at what you get for your money, also i would like to see which is doing better in 20 years time a plastic bottom of the range type 2 or an aluminium top of the range pumper.

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2006, 08:13:08 PM »
We regularly respond into Happy Valley and Seaford CFS areas (including the new 21,500 sq meter shopping center at Seaford), and are automatic response to jobs at Colonades, Port Stanvac Oil Refinery and any factories at Lonsdale. We also basically become the second truck for Christie Downs MFS when one of their pumps is out.(Quote mattb)

I dont think you'll be going to Port Stanvac matt its been mothballed hasnt it :wink:
Images are copyright

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2006, 08:52:25 PM »
doesnt mean it wont catch fire still.... lol

btw; there are pictures on ozfire of murray bridge pumper pre-delivery

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2006, 07:46:53 AM »
After spending a week down around GOOLWA I feel its time that the brigade's down that way had a urgent review of their SFEC. Port elliot/Middleton/Goolwa are all fast growing areas with new homes/shopping centres/large industrail estate.large age care homes and not too mention the hugh marina that is being built on hindmarsh isladnd along with all those town houses. I and I am sure a number of people who are members of those brigade would like to see the following take place.

1) Goolwa to have : Type two pumper
                    2x 34 appliances
                    The 24p that is at goolwa be sent to Port elliot

2) middleton to have a new BWC and to get a new 34p

3) Port elliot  :   have a 24p or a 34p
                    a new 34

I was some what shocked to see that Goolwa has such a large urban area that had to use its 24p to do urban work such as boosting to a large shopping complex. Now I can hear people saying get back in your box bill but dont you think brigade and groups should have some input into what they need for their own risk area???? Nice to see that CFs are doing a review of all SFEC all over teh state one would hope that brigades and groups will have input....
blinky bill
my view only

Offline fire03rescue

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2006, 09:46:09 AM »
I like the Type 2 Pumpers, but what the cfs needs to do is make a better 34p or 24p that can boost properly.It would be good to have a type 2 pumper that was 4wd drive then the appliance could go off road when needed.

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2006, 10:24:04 AM »
There is no need for a type two pumper to be 4wd as its a urban appliances and not a rural / urban appliances ifyou want a 4wd pumper stick to your 24/34p(part time) pumpers.....
blinky bill
my view only

anything