Technical Discussion > Hypotheticals

Hyperthetical (spelling?) Incidents

(1/12) > >>

Camo:
Gday Folks,

Bit bored so i thought i would make up a hyperthetical incident and get everyone to give their thoughts on how they would handle it.

House Fire - 2 Story, 3 Trapped Occupants, Left hand side of house fully involved (Top and Bottom Story), Entry on the right side at the top and centre back and front on bottom story.

Crew/Trucks Available - 1 x Type 2 Pumper with 4 x CABA, 2 x Rural 34's With 2 x CABA sets each & 1 x 14 No CABA.  Each truck has a crew of 5 with everyone BA trained (14 is a new mitsi canter dualcab).  Mains water is available but is approx. 200 metres to the nearest hydrant.

Give your thoughts on what you would do from first appliance arrival right thru to containment.

Have Fun

Toast:
Relay pump from the hydrant, set up a few monitors, kick back, relax, surround and drown.

PF_:
"Hypothetical"  :wink:

I havent had enough experience to know what to do but Ill give it a shot from what I have picked up from movies ( :roll: ) and books  :-P

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Firstly as OIC I would conduct a 360degree recce and ensure SAAS, SAPOL are on their way.  I would use the 14 and a 34 for hoses and water carting, connect them to the type 2 pumper.  Type2pumper would be the primary appliance to knock down the fire.  2 BA crews from the 34 would be my rescue men, maybe send 3 crew in with 38mm hose and maybe 1 or 2 from the 14 goign in as well with them as search and rescue.  I would send in the type2 hosemen to assess and conduct internal attack and cover the searchers for a while.  If the 3 people trapped are in the left hand side of the house it is porbably too dangerous to continue trying to find them so the searchand rescue crew will have to evacuate and attack the fire with hoses internally with the type2 crew.  I would also have called for extra crews MFS, CFS whichever is available.  If they manage to find the 3 trapped and they are alive then that would be priority to get them out!  Should the fire bee to much of an inferno than I would pull everyone out of the inside and conduct a surround and drown.

Is that about right how it works?

Toast:
Not bad, although the 14 has no BA, and youve left no one outside to cover the BA operators inside.

Pumper guys and gals...'PUMPER' Unless you mean Ford Trader Type 2 Pumper, then you say '12'

Robert-Robert34:
I would instruct all the appliances on scene to do relay pumping with the appliance closest to mains supply to act as the tanker... utilize the 14 & 34 appliances to knock down the fire, send in 2 CABA Crews with 2 x charged 38 mm lines to do internal attack and S&R, if any casualties are found 1 CABA crew would pull out and bring the casualties to safety for treatment by SAAS ICU Crews

While the people are being treated by ICU Crews i would instruct my crews to focus on attacking the fire from the outside until it is contained then secure premises until SAMFS Fire Cause Investigators arrive

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version