General Discussion > CFS Cadet Corner

Cadet supervision

<< < (2/4) > >>

Fire_Rescue96:
We have about 8 ppl who help with cadets and we just swap around who gives the training and all the others just help supervise. If we need more help we just ask the brigade if there is anyone who would like to help with training the cadets

rescue5271:
So when you swap around and get more brigade members involved are you getting a police check done??? Rules have changed where any member must have a police check done each year that is involved with cadets does not matter if they help for one nite or six nites....

Fire_Rescue96:
No we are not getting a police check done for every person that helps, cause its really just not worth all the trouble if its only for one nite like it is most of the time.
As for getting a police check every year I havent heard that one yet. Either its a new thing that hasnt got to my brigade yet or its something that your brigade its making your members do. I am pretty much second in charge of our cadets and yeah like i say havent heard of that yet.

rescue5271:
its a new thing and anyone one that helps at one or two training sessions must now have a check done......

Mike:
We have only recently had the information come through about yearly police checks. Asked the entire brigade to do one at the AGM.... just in case they decide to lend a hand..... It only takes a few seconds to fill out aboiut 6 lines on a bit of paper.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version