Author Topic: CFS GPS  (Read 2875 times)

Offline mengcfs

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
CFS GPS
« on: February 24, 2005, 02:57:20 PM »
Hi all,
After Group discussion at last meeting it seems a few Brigades require GPS units. I know that Brigades in general ran with the Garmin GPS plus 2. This unit is no longer available and suppliers have informed me that the CFS is swaying toward the Garmin GPS Map76. Have any Brigades out there purchased this unit or have any feedback on units they have purchased and like or (dislike).
Thanks, Adam

rescue5271

gps 76
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2005, 03:20:15 AM »
We are also in the same boat and I have been looking at prices and will more than likely getting them from eletronic bug in croydon who have a great deal on offer to CFS and will be saving our group around $95 per unit. as for using the gps 76 I did this year on  a GPS course and they where great,if your group is going to get some make sure people do the course that is on offer. There are now two GPS courses one is a introduction and hands on and the new one is GPS in urban area's so I will try and do that this year when it comes down to the region.

strikeathird

CFS GPS
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2005, 12:53:37 PM »
Ive completed the CFS GPS course at S.T.C as well... It is very beneficial!

Good times

CFS GPS
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2005, 10:11:11 PM »
Yes, go to Electric Bug, they can tell you what CFS are recomending and give you a price you will find hard to beat.

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: CFS GPS
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2005, 12:02:14 PM »
Been playing with a Garmin Map76S..... very nice little units. They dont like picking up satellites in vehicles though, I would personally recommend looking at a mounting kit/external antenna to go with....

rescue5271

Re: CFS GPS
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2005, 09:00:14 PM »
We where able to buy 9 new GPS units from a local place here about $90:00 cheaper than anywhere else in SA and the work well should be in our fleet here very soon

anything