Author Topic: What does the VFBA do ? Debate  (Read 8687 times)

PF_

Re: What does the VFBA do ? Debate
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2006, 11:23:17 PM »
youre not helping yourself by continuing to keep it off topic, stop talking to the guy talking to everyone.

Discussions are boring if thry stick to the same one thing, like has been said in a previous thread have a little fun in here. 

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2006, 11:27:20 PM »
Well bugger it i might just change my name to crumpets i Reckon :-D
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Manuel

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2006, 11:28:26 PM »
now you have it

rescue5271

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2006, 08:18:27 PM »
there a few good articles in the volunteer about the VFBA so have a read,better still how long as it been since anyone went along to a VFBA meeting?? I am of to one on Thursday night at naracoorte...

Offline CaptCom

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2006, 12:47:42 PM »
From my own personal experiences in the last 18mths+..

The VFBA do a lot without many knowing...their efforts during the coronial were above and beyond the call of duty...in particular the efforts of Wendy Shirley.  She was responsible for organising all of our legal representation, provided an open line for communication and concerns with any part of the process and was physically present in court whenever a volunteer was on the stand.

Be careful knocking what they do, just because they aren't showy about their achievements, I have the utmost respect and gratification for their efforts since Black Tuesday.

Perhaps if some of you used them as a channel for your concerns, you may have different results..  :wink:

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2006, 06:47:57 PM »
Slightly different, but with the same purpose. I attended the SA SES Volunteers Association AGM and was elected to be a Central Region Representative.

It is interesting to see the committee workings. I will take comments I am reading about 'never see Volunteer Association' & 'what do they do' to the SES side of the fence.

I will be part of the PR team so it will be a challenge to increase the PR of the Volunteer Association to the volunteers.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.