Author Topic: Saying hey  (Read 4482 times)

Offline Damien

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
Saying hey
« on: August 22, 2006, 06:50:50 PM »
hey fellow firefighters
just joined was told about this site from CyberCitizen thought id check it out :D

let me introduce myself

Im Damien from Vic. and in the local CFA.
Im in a town called Hamilton, im 17  and enjoy the job i joined when i was 16 last year in november.
I went to the grampian fires was the best experiance i had. I first went to a town called wilaura, when i was there i was pumped and waiting to put out some fire, as we were going down the road heading north with the grampians in the distance we went into a paddic putting out some fire, about 5 - 10mins later the wind changed north, visiblity was very low i looked back behind us to look at the next truck and all u seen were 2 flashing lights the smoke was so thick, we finaly came to a fence taht was cut, as we went through and 5 metres from us was a house we didnt even know it was there, lucky befor the wind change 5 - 10 mins befor we put out the fire so we were talking wow if we werent there when the wind change we would have lost that house.

any way there is alot more of my story but i dont wanna bore u :)
i am trained in both wildfire and structural fires, did my fire surpression 4 weeks ago all good :D waiting on BA course to come up. Also trench rescue is coming up very soon which i cant wait id love to do trench rescue, but my main focus i wanna get is BA then Hazmat. I basicly wanna be a fully trained firefighter, i heard confined spaces is hard to do as in the test.

anyway dinners ready
have a good one if you wanna hear my full story of the grampian fires when i went just pm me and ill do a write up for ya :)

**edit** im urban by the way :)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 06:53:28 PM by Suicide »

Manuel

Re: Saying hey
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 06:54:43 PM »
welcome, but what is with the name??,

have fun on here, it is great to see people from other states.

Offline Damien

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 06:59:58 PM »
name
my names damo  :evil:
thought id change it make it suitable

rescue5271

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 08:29:32 PM »
welcome to the group,I like your station there and nice appliances you have mind you you could do with a 3rd pump.

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 10:19:05 AM »
Welcome to the group Damo,

When you go to a big job get that digital camera out.....because
WE WANT PICTURES :-D :-D :lol:

Enjoy your fire service career :lol:
Images are copyright

Offline Damien

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 10:59:02 PM »
welcome to the group,I like your station there and nice appliances you have mind you you could do with a 3rd pump.

hehe yeah, we just got a new tanker :D man its sweet the air horn on it is weak lol its electronic and we have brought a new truck that is going to be our hazmat supplys, if warrnambool get a hazmat call we will be called down with our hazmat truck, its still being looked at by CFA so its ready to get on the road. in 18months we will be getting a pumper-tanker :D they are beasts we had one on an open day once.

Welcome to the group Damo,

When you go to a big job get that digital camera out.....because
WE WANT PICTURES :-D :-D :lol:

Enjoy your fire service career :lol:

thanks bud.
well we have a DVD of a big target fire we had, with photos was mad i was just a spectator :( as it was in 2004, and we are discussing to get a video camera and record when we roll out the door and when we get on scene.

and i just finished fire suppression 1.11 tonight :D last night we had to show the instructor rope knots and hooking up a hydrant to the truck (i use to do juniors for 5 years so i was familar with it) and to do change overs on the pumps etc, to easy :D he then asked each person at different times wat tools would you use on a tin roof to access it and where were water points in the town. He asked me where were water points in the town, need 5 to pass, i answered pool, dam, lake, ground ball, millcock.
and then he asked how would i tell where a fire in a house was and there is 6 answers, i said, lots of smoke, flames, detectors(if have any)(for eg if in a hospital detector on floor x in room x), hotspots, windows are stained black, people tell you where it is. :D

anything