Author Topic: Bushwalkers in a fire  (Read 12365 times)

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Bushwalkers in a fire
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2006, 01:34:08 PM »
"Hiker" is the American word for "Bushwalker", just like
"Camminatore di Bush" is bushwalker in Italian, "Walker de Bush" is bushwalker in Portuguese, "Marcheur de Bush" is bushwalker in French...  They also all mean the same thing, but you wouldn't use them in an Australian conversation would you ;)

Toast

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2006, 02:03:32 PM »
"Hiker" is the American word for "Bushwalker", just like
"Camminatore di Bush" is bushwalker in Italian, "Walker de Bush" is bushwalker in Portuguese, "Marcheur de Bush" is bushwalker in French...  They also all mean the same thing, but you wouldn't use them in an Australian conversation would you ;)
You might, Mr. Im oh so well adjusted and literate  :wink:

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2006, 02:54:14 PM »
lol as much as I'm impressed by your range of languages there (or did you cheat lol?). as far as I'm concerned its a hiker, and its hiking....

but its all good. don't worry, i don't pick everyone else up on little grammatical issues...

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2006, 02:58:24 PM »
hehe, yes I cheated... I can't even say hello in most of those languages... :D

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2006, 04:39:51 PM »
If any of you have the game Fire Department on your PC you will find that there is a forest fire scenario involving fire supression & rescue of a logger,scouts,people who survived a car accident which results in another fire

The aim of this scenario is to combat the fire around each situation and rescue the casualties who get airlifted by helicopter to saftey

Sorry for going off topic but its what is involved with the scenario which relates to the topic itself  :-D     
Kalangadoo Brigade

Toast

« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2006, 04:59:16 PM »
If any of you have the game Fire Department on your PC you will find that there is a forest fire scenario involving fire supression & rescue of a logger,scouts,people who survived a car accident which results in another fire

The aim of this scenario is to combat the fire around each situation and rescue the casualties who get airlifted by helicopter to saftey

Sorry for going off topic but its what is involved with the scenario which relates to the topic itself  :-D     
Last year we buggered up a backburning op, it got into some houses. We just restarted the incident and it was all good... :roll:

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2006, 06:50:29 PM »
Im currently trying to complete this forest fire scenario i was almost finished last night until the stupid helicopter that was supposed to evac the scouts crash and caused another fire which surrounded the scout hall  :cry:

I'll have another crack at it again but this time i'll use the dozer to try and clear a fire break around the scout hall :wink:

Opps i went off topic again sorry  :oops: :lol:
Kalangadoo Brigade

probie_boy

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2006, 12:49:28 PM »

Last year we buggered up a backburning op, it got into some houses. We just restarted the incident and it was all good... :roll:

when was that? i don't remember it!