Author Topic: Future Appliances  (Read 24979 times)

Offline Darius

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Future Appliances
« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2006, 11:36:18 AM »
Murray Bridge has just been replaced, Burnside Pumper will be replaced soon, [...]

will it?  need agreement from all parties first I think...

Offline Darius

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2006, 11:38:36 AM »
Hmmmm was looking at the government auctions site the other day and they are selling the old Hino's for between $18,000 and $22,000.Not much of a return on an outlay of $90,000 for the older Hino's with low k's,but then again who would want them eh :lol:

interesting, I wondered how much they went for at the auctions ($18K - $22K seems quite a lot).  Do they sell with the pump, tank, hosereels etc still fitted?

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2006, 12:26:55 PM »
Murray Bridge has just been replaced, Burnside Pumper will be replaced soon, [...]

will it?  need agreement from all parties first I think...

It will be replaced...at some stage in the foreseeable future..... what with is, I believe, still being decided between the relevant parties......!      :-)
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline boss

• Forum Senior Firefighter
  • elvis has left the building
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2006, 01:58:43 PM »
Sadleworth 34 is back online and Riverton 32 and Sadleworth 34 are both 19 year and not being taken out of service till there 25 years old plus Riverton cant get a new one till the shed is raised the roof is to low for a 4wd truck the 32 and 22 just get in.
we save lives, we breath smoke, we eat ash, why do we do it? cos it's a way of life for us that we have chosen to take

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2006, 02:44:52 PM »
There you go....my info was slightly different, but perhaps not entirely correct!!

In your post, however, you mention the other major problem facing CFS & new appliances.....that is fitting them in.

Many brigades took delivery of appliances, and when they hightlighted the fact that it wouldn't physically fit, were told "That's your problem"

Some brigades then spent their own funds on rebuilding the station, just so the appliance would fit!!!

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2006, 03:08:12 PM »
Hmmmm was looking at the government auctions site the other day and they are selling the old Hino's for between $18,000 and $22,000.Not much of a return on an outlay of $90,000 for the older Hino's with low k's,but then again who would want them eh :lol:

interesting, I wondered how much they went for at the auctions ($18K - $22K seems quite a lot).  Do they sell with the pump, tank, hosereels etc still fitted?
According to the site yes with pumps hosereels etc

Check it here http://www.auctions.sa.gov.au/prices_results.php?make=ANY&tran_type=ANY&price_range=ANY&Submit=Search

« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 03:46:30 PM by CFS_Firey »
Images are copyright

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2006, 03:12:11 PM »
There you go....my info was slightly different, but perhaps not entirely correct!!

In your post, however, you mention the other major problem facing CFS & new appliances.....that is fitting them in.

Many brigades took delivery of appliances, and when they hightlighted the fact that it wouldn't physically fit, were told "That's your problem"

Some brigades then spent their own funds on rebuilding the station, just so the appliance would fit!!!

Pip

Hahndorf got their "Type 2" by default as they couldnt get a 34 in their station because it was heritage listed :-D
Images are copyright

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2006, 03:42:00 PM »
Was told that when Dalkeith lose their 24P that it will be going to Riverton, but could be wrong?? And as for Cleve's 32 i can't see CFS replacing it with another Pumper but the way they hand out trucks it wouldn't surprise me.
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline boss

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2006, 05:22:30 PM »
I know Riverton was meant to get balaklava 24p the 24p was to replace the 22 that they got now i haven't heard if Riverton is getting dalkeith 24p or not.
we save lives, we breath smoke, we eat ash, why do we do it? cos it's a way of life for us that we have chosen to take

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2006, 01:46:11 AM »
Just found out the details re Saddleworth 34....it has been repaired, but is currently a spare...Saddleworth CFS have the old Truro 34, until such time as a new replacement arrives for Saddleworth.....

As for other appliance movements, who knows!!!

Pip :-)

Offline boss

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2006, 04:37:42 PM »
I know Riverton can't get the shed roof lifted till SAAS pulls there finger out and helps in the cost getting it done becouse the shed co-owned by them plus there to a bit of red tape to get past. :| :| :-)

Offline fire03rescue

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2006, 06:12:55 PM »
Why should the SAAS have to help pay for the cost :?

Offline boss

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2006, 06:41:45 PM »
if SAAS dose not raise there side the building will be under stress because of the weight of it all.

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2006, 07:11:16 PM »
Thats one fine looking fire/ambo station at riverton
blinky bill
my view only

Offline boss

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2006, 11:21:06 PM »
If you get the time to take a closer look at the station where the front pillers are is where the new doors are going to be. And the wall is going to be 4 to 7 layers higher than it is now.  :wink:  :-D

anything