Author Topic: *CFSRES: MORE CREW REQUIRED  (Read 16997 times)

pumprescue

Re: *CFSRES: MORE CREW REQUIRED
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2006, 08:31:17 PM »
rusty i agree with Matty B, wait for the 4 minutes, default then push your more crew button. If your members choose to ignore the first page well bad luck for the community. problem with having pagers saying what the job is, people are too picky.

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2006, 01:07:53 AM »
Yeah, we just default if we can't get crew. Although it might be an idea to get one of the buttons re programmed for summer, along the lines of "More crew required for tanker" hmmm....

Contact AEC and they will program whatever you like on the decoder :wink:
Images are copyright

Toast

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2006, 01:49:01 AM »
Yeah, we just default if we can't get crew. Although it might be an idea to get one of the buttons re programmed for summer, along the lines of "More crew required for tanker" hmmm....

Thanks for that enlightening piece of information! Im making a list of what we should get done to the FSI.

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2006, 11:23:00 AM »
This is a problem
1909102 10:04:50 02-10-06 SHQ: CFSRES: NEALES FLAT & TRURO RESPOND BUILDING FIRE 12KM NORTH OF TRURO TOWARD EUDUNDA ON EUDUNDA-TRURO RD. BELIEVE DUTTON AREA - NO FURTHER DETAILS < 2/10/2006 10:04:38

then
1909434 10:12:12 02-10-06 SHQ: CFSRES: EUDUNDA RESPOND BUILDING FIRE 12KM NORTH OF TRURO TOWARD EUDUNDA ON EUDUNDA-TRURO RD. BELIEVE DUTTON AREA - NO FURTHER DETAILS - DEFAULT FOR NEALES FLAT < 2/10/2006 10:11:59 

and then
1909434 10:20:26 02-10-06 EUDN: *CFSRES: MORE CREW REQUIRED RESPOND EUDUNDA STN 02-10-06 10:18 

it is all good but they wanted more crew 20 min after the first page to cover a Defult

Offline Tone7

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2006, 05:21:31 PM »
some people cant leave work unless another message comes saying they are short on crew... there are heaps of reason...  but how long should one wait after hitting more crew req button?

Offline Darius

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2006, 05:31:11 PM »

on the last 2 buttons of the decoder (F1 to F6 are fixed, see SOP 10.1), although it should be coordinated at group level (at least) to get some kind of consistency.

Offline oz fire

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2006, 09:43:06 AM »
By the look of the paging screens - looks like there were problems yesterday with getting crews to go to KI "*CFSRES: MORE CREW REQUIRED RESPOND STN"
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2006, 09:56:27 AM »
Well its because crews were busy right around the state yesterday oz fire i was suprised CFS didnt ask for region 5 crews to go to KI but that is because we had our own fire problems down here including the large fire @ Beachport

Plus it wasnt just KI from what i seen on the news last night there was trouble in getting a strike team from Port Linc or Victor Harbor to respond to a scrub fire leaving a couple brigades and bombers to do the dirty work due to crews already being on KI 

Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline CyberCitizen

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Fire Fighter
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/cfsfirey
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2006, 12:28:06 PM »
Rusty - i agree with you, personally i dont see the point of sending out a page asking for more crew as rather stupid, because in theory everyone who is available should already be on there way....

What About This Situation.  I Am Looking After My Brothers So I Am Not Really Available.  But If We Are Short Of Crew I Can Arrange For Someone Else To Look After Them While I Respond.

How Is This Not A Suitable Use?  I Was Not Available Before Hand But Because The Need Was There I Am Able To Make My Self Available.

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2006, 09:46:15 PM »
I see your point... but i still stand by my theory that if your available you respond, otherwise you dont really need to care, and your brigade can send its neighbours to back them up

Offline squiddy

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2006, 06:06:52 AM »
Looks like some people obviously don't have kids. Basically, if the pager goes off, some parents may feel that they shouldn't bother the neighbours etc. But if the pager goes off again, then it certainly makes that decision to dump the kids off with the elderly neighbour a lot easier.

Since we don't get paid to sit around on our duffs waiting for calls, I don't think it is unreasonable to sometimes miss that first page through circumstance.

For example: anyone been caught on the bog when the pager goes off? What are you gonna do, shove some TP up ya crack and run for the door?

Offline CyberCitizen

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Fire Fighter
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/cfsfirey
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2006, 09:26:54 AM »
For example: anyone been caught on the bog when the pager goes off? What are you gonna do, shove some TP up ya crack and run for the door?

Ha Ha Hasn't Happened To Me Yet But I Know A Few Members That It Has Happened To.  I Have Had It In The Shower.

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2006, 09:53:04 AM »
Regardless of what the page is if we are available we go, and the circumstances surrounding why we couldnt straight off the back is the individuals business.

It has been demonstrated on this forum there are other factors taken into account, but yes if you cant get out the door in 4 or 6 minutes default.Noone is going to shame you for following SOP's :-D
Images are copyright

Offline Smokeydk

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2006, 10:15:39 AM »

I cant believe how within few days what was green now turning brown looking at the Sellick Ranges just show that..

last weeks fires.....showed how low the responce numbers were and its not really summer....even though the fire season has started

Offline Camo

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Compton CFS Website
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2006, 03:22:27 PM »
Regardless of what the page is if we are available we go, and the circumstances surrounding why we couldnt straight off the back is the individuals business.

It has been demonstrated on this forum there are other factors taken into account, but yes if you cant get out the door in 4 or 6 minutes default.Noone is going to shame you for following SOP's :-D

4 to 6 minutes might be alright for some brigades but an average turnout time where i live is 8-12mins.  And there is nothing we can do about it.  Its just the fact that our crews have to travel so far to the station.
Compton CFS Website
http://www.compton.sacfs.org

Offline oz fire

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2006, 09:40:50 AM »

4 to 6 minutes might be alright for some brigades but an average turnout time where i live is 8-12mins.  And there is nothing we can do about it.  Its just the fact that our crews have to travel so far to the station.

Thats it in a nut shell - we all provide the same service to the community - fire response, just some communities, due to size, geographics and population spread take a little longer to get on the road - and their community accepts that :-D

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2006, 10:23:43 AM »
Thats it in a nut shell - we all provide the same service to the community - fire response, just some communities, due to size, geographics and population spread take a little longer to get on the road - and their community accepts that :-D

And if the community doesn't like it, perhaps more of them should put their money where their mouth is, and join themselves!   :evil:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 01:49:05 PM by CFS_Firey »
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline squiddy

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2006, 11:02:30 AM »
And if the community doesn't like it, perhaps more of them should put their money where their mouth is, and join themselves!   :evil:

Amen to that.

Offline oz fire

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2006, 12:03:40 PM »
Second that thought - all in favour?

Offline Camo

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Compton CFS Website
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2006, 04:06:01 PM »
Second that thought - all in favour?

I
Compton CFS Website
http://www.compton.sacfs.org

Offline oz fire

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2006, 09:50:20 AM »
Carried!

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2006, 09:11:11 PM »
Carried!

On that note we expect more people in our community to stand up to the plate :evil:
Images are copyright