General Discussion > Women of the Fire Industry

Women in Combat

<< < (2/6) > >>

PF_:
I dont think women should be in combat roles such as Special Air Service or commando type roles or any special forces (and theyre not allowed to be).  They probably would not even pass the entry tests as only 5% of the men pass them.  The jobs they do are not eactly suitable for women so I agree with them in that perspective.  However, general combat roles should be acceptable if they can prove they are strong enough, just like the men have to do.

On an off side, with STAR force police there has only ever been 1 female STAR operator.  Wife of ex footy player Matthew Kluzag,m or maybe it was Liptack not sure.  Many just cant pass the entry tests and strength parts got this straight from both male and female police.     

oz fire:
If you can pass the tests of entry and the training, does it matter what sex, colour or race you are - honestly!

The tasks combat soldiers do, are known to them before they join, if they still want to do them, then put them against the criteria.

It wasn't that many years ago, that people scoffed about women in the Police, Fire and Rescue services, now they are slowly becoming common place.

If a woman wasnt to go to combat and can meet the standards - then let her, it is her decision. Once she has the uniform on, she is a soldier!

Mike:

--- Quote from: oz fire on October 04, 2006, 02:20:05 PM ---If you can pass the tests of entry and the training, does it matter what sex, colour or race you are - honestly!

The tasks combat soldiers do, are known to them before they join, if they still want to do them, then put them against the criteria.

It wasn't that many years ago, that people scoffed about women in the Police, Fire and Rescue services, now they are slowly becoming common place.

If a woman wasnt to go to combat and can meet the standards - then let her, it is her decision. Once she has the uniform on, she is a soldier!

--- End quote ---

Well said.

rescue5271:
I have no problem with females in any position in the armned forces and if they can pass the rookie course and all the others to get into a top gun position good on them.... The one's that don't want to let them in are the old farts who have been there for far to long and who still live in the past.... a little like some CFS brigade members who still think females belong in the kitchen.Give em a go and let them do the same jobs as the boy's.....

Laska:
I agree that if women are able to do the tasks, then let them. Men are naturally stronger than girls, but a Girl that spends every day or two in the gym doing weights as well as cardio, would be stronger than a guy that doesnt.

What happens if a girl got pregnent out in combat or something? That might pose a tricky situation? I dont actually know too much about combat, how long their there for, how able they are to get out of the warzone, etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version