Author Topic: Competitions  (Read 21050 times)

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
Re: Competitions
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2006, 04:54:47 PM »
Will never never never never go back there again. And they wonder when they ask for 2 strike teams they only get seven trucks and not enough crew to man them. Poorly run and when questions were asked about safety due to lack of sleep it was basically dismissed. :x
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2006, 05:35:20 PM »
aaah youll go back  :wink:

cant resist a good fire can we???  :lol:

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2006, 09:19:08 PM »
Will never never never never go back there again. And they wonder when they ask for 2 strike teams they only get seven trucks and not enough crew to man them. Poorly run and when questions were asked about safety due to lack of sleep it was basically dismissed. :x

It sounds like something that definately needs to be brought up, and actioned in a formal De-breif.

Offline 24P

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2006, 09:22:30 PM »
Issues happened over there last fire and are still being delt with now. Dont hold your breath.
Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you.

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2006, 03:17:46 PM »
3 hour sleep in 3 days... - Good to hear they are looking after their crews.. :roll:

So much for inter region intra region SOP's regarding crew changeovers...Judy are you reading this :?
Images are copyright

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2006, 06:59:47 AM »
Well we had (my family) had a great time at goolwa/port elliot and thanks to mundcfs for the tour of goolwa fire station and of its two appliances.I now know why the comps where canned and can fully understand why it was..However CFS will need to do some damage control with the local business down there that had ordered in stock(food,grog) and accommodation that was all cancelled. I did hear a few people who run local business that they would like to know why it was canned. Now would that be asking CFS too much if they put a story in the local paper and said sorry but due to?????????????????????????????  the comps where canned.....

All in all its a great place for a holiday and there is so much to do so for those that still went down I know you would have all had fun and enjoyed the local food and wines....Thanks allan for your help see you next year when we come back....
blinky bill
my view only