Author Topic: What the?  (Read 5219 times)

Offline Big Yellow Gongbeater

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
What the?
« on: October 06, 2006, 03:20:51 PM »
 Where's PF (Federer) and Toast gone?
And what happened to the first post in the Hellraisers thread? it appears as though medevac was responding to someone.
 Can anyone spill the goss on this?   :-D
"Madness and chaos reign supreme. My work here is done"

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: What the?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 03:22:39 PM »
THATS HWAT MY POST WAS ABOUT... I WAS JUST BEING QUICK...
(woops caps)

Offline K99

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 03:24:50 PM »
Yeah Whats happening? Are we all getting censored or something!!

They are my Brothers and I want answers. :lol:

Us firefighters have to stick together :x
I love the smell of napalm in the morning,smells like,like........VICTORY

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 03:38:51 PM »
Perhaps it was outside pressure or the like :-(
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline Big Yellow Gongbeater

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 03:46:23 PM »
 mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm the plot thickens? :-o
"Madness and chaos reign supreme. My work here is done"

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006, 07:26:33 PM »
No pressure from us we loved them :-D

I think they will be back with different user names....... 8-)

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2006, 07:29:38 PM »
i have my suspects....  :wink:

probie_boy

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2006, 06:30:53 PM »
And what happened to the first post in the Hellraisers thread? it appears as though medevac was responding to someone.

I think they left from the pressure they were receiving from certain parties within SAFF. Like constant comments disagreeing with their posts and putting them down and criticizing them.

I know E left for this reason. likelihood that PF did as well.
toast is in sydney trying out for the Sydney Met fire service, so whether he left SAFF because of that im not sure.

but I know this. These 3 people have had a lot to say granted, but at least they're getting their gripes and ideas out in the open. Take note all 3 of these members were fairly young. maybe some on here should learn to respect opinions, no matter how old the brain is it is coming from.

Im not having a go at everyone, just getting this thought out there.

on another note, i am definitely staying around. good luck getting rid of me. :-D

end rant

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2006, 06:45:27 PM »

I think they left from the pressure they were receiving from certain parties within SAFF. Like constant comments disagreeing with their posts and putting them down and criticizing them.

I know E left for this reason. likelihood that PF did as well.
toast is in sydney trying out for the Sydney Met fire service, so whether he left SAFF because of that im not sure.

but I know this. These 3 people have had a lot to say granted, but at least they're getting their gripes and ideas out in the open. Take note all 3 of these members were fairly young. maybe some on here should learn to respect opinions, no matter how old the brain is it is coming from.

Im not having a go at everyone, just getting this thought out there.

on another note, i am definitely staying around. good luck getting rid of me. :-D

end rant

Perhaps some professionalism from all posters was what required....several people  (and I am not referring specifically to those mentioned above) posted large amounts of dribble, abused other posters for their views, would not accept (at least in their postings) that someone else could have a different point of view to their own - and including ridiculing individuals (both those on the forum, and those who were spoken about on the forum, who did not have the opportunity to defend themselves.)

I am all for people having their say - I don't care how old / young or how long a person has been in the CFS - they all should have opportunity to SAY something, and to ask questions - but not to dribble on and abuse others, as has been occurring regularly on this forum.     :x

So, if people have something to say / ask, then I say go for it.  If you are going to dribble, then shut your mouth, and keep your fingers away from the keyboard.....!    :-)

Pip

There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline Smallflame

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2006, 07:49:30 PM »
There seems to be a lot of interservice rivalry on these boards. I know its there in general, but in a few cases a couple of these members seemed to like to stir the pot a little. Its all well and good to joke, but it seemed that everyone gets very worked up. Not to say that people shouldnt all have pride in their respective services and brigades, but the tribalism sometimes goes a bit far, and seems to obscure the fact that we're all here to contribute to the community.

I'll agree with Pip regarding the fact that respect is needed for other opinions, and certain things don't need to be said, or if they do perhaps its better done in private to the people involved, than plastered all over the internet.

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2006, 02:23:00 AM »
Well the forums seem to have vastly improved in quality of posts since they left.... A coincidence I'm sure..

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2006, 03:03:42 PM »
May be they are still on KI????
blinky bill
my view only

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile